Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Hey Strawbs,

Stumbled across this thread.

I've attached a file with the dimensions you want. Let me know if you need any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I was actually gonna draw this up for you Strawbs this morning when I got into work. Looks like Sixer beat me to it. Good job man.

(Strawbs I assume there is actually a wash hand basin in the bathroom somewhere? lol)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    (Strawbs I assume there is actually a wash hand basin in the bathroom somewhere? lol)

Nah sure there's good toilet water going a wasting :pac:

Sixtoes, that’s brilliant! Thank you.

Yeah Mols, the basin will be as you come in the door on the left hand side opposite the bath. Think I’ll go with something slimline and rectangular to keep as much floor space.

Currently the toilet is where the shower position is but facing towards the door. The basin is where I intend to put the new one and the bath (standard type) is on the top wall facing towards the shorter wall at the bottom that I’ve now positioned bath in and the shower is in bath. Radiator is on that short wall too but I’m going to raise it higher.

I have to keep toilet in that side as the floor joists run left to right as you look at picture and I don’t to cut into them to run sewer pipe through. Oh, there’s no window in room either.

So you're just smushing things around to get in a shower? I think the plan is fine depending on how much you use the bath and how tall your family are. It seems to be a small bath to me. Although the average bath size is apparently 1700mm x 700mm so you're only 50mm off that.

• Advertisement

Nah, I’m smushing stuff around because I like smushing stuff around. The project is still in the “it’s all in my head and I don’t have money” phase :D

I know every house in our estate is exactly the same as between myself and the hubby (back before we even considered the possibility of Me & Mrs) we’ve been involved in the building of the estate in some shape or form. I just like being different to everyone else :D

It’s just me and himself in the house now with my kids in Australia they are infrequent visitors. I use the main bathroom and he has the en-suite. And I love baths when the evenings are dark and any bath I choose will have a whirlpool.

Feel free to design me something :D

Oh and the standard bath in there right now is 1560mm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Having lived with a corner bath for 20 years and 2 grown up kids now, I got rid of the bath 2 years ago and put in a walk in shower with rain head and hand held spray unit.

Unless there's something special about the bath, whirlpool etc. Then the corner baths are just too small for a good soak and that's what a bath is for.

I would say as the kids got past 14-15 the bath never got used except to home the obligatory spider and some time laundry basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

My parents use their bath to hose down my two when they are visiting and have made a mess painting / playing in garden etc, or the dogs (nbt for painting).

Not at the same time obviously.

Coming to think of it, i really should address that the dogs are getting the same level of treatment as my kids.

Nah, I’m smushing stuff around because I like smushing stuff around. The project is still in the “it’s all in my head and I don’t have money” phase :D

I know every house in our estate is exactly the same as between myself and the hubby (back before we even considered the possibility of Me & Mrs) we’ve been involved in the building of the estate in some shape or form. I just like being different to everyone else :D

It’s just me and himself in the house now with my kids in Australia they are infrequent visitors. I use the main bathroom and he has the en-suite. And I love baths when the evenings are dark and any bath I choose will have a whirlpool.

Feel free to design me something :D

Nah your design probably makes best use of the space. There's never much to be doing with a bathroom anyway. Your limited in what you can do.

We never use the bath. The one in our house hasn't been used once in the 5 years we've lived there. I run it every now and then to flush out any stagnant water cos of Legionnaires disease (yes I'm a psycho like that). Husband has even suggested we just take it out and put in a huge shower. I am tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Strawbs what beauty boxes do you get and are any of them worth it?

Clarabel wrote: »
    Strawbs what beauty boxes do you get and are any of them worth it?

Glossybox and Lookfantastic. I find them worth it and there’s always a little gem in them. Cost around 16 euro each box. Well, depends if customs gonna charge me now.

I only started the subscription to get the glossy box advent calendar which was amazing. And with the boxes, I was able to make up Christmas present for a few people.

Clara,

Here’s previous years boxes

https://www.glossybox.ie/offers/previous-boxes.list?pageNumber=5&sortOrder=title

I’d only look at 2019 to get a decent idea.

I had birch box for the last year but I was quite disappointed. Repeat products or just lots of things I'd never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I was subscribed to the love lula box for a year. It focuses mainly on skincare/haircare items more so than make up, and wasn't too expensive. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I saw the thread in After Hours but that place scares me :p

Forum Games is clearly where I'm most at home...

502813.jpg
    https://www.boards.ie/love.php

Where's Mam these days? Haven't seen her play for a while

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hahaha luv you too EN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hang on, that’s basically just Necro looking for a date

502814.png

I’ve made in onto a list !

Dunno if that’s good or bad though :D

LOL I appear to be somewhat in demand

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hang on, that’s basically just Necro looking for a date

502814.png

I am shocked i am on that list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baggly wrote: »
    I am shocked i am on that list :D

You trying to tell me that we're not compatible?

I think our relationship would be a beautiful bonfire.

Baggly wrote: »
    I think our relationship would be a beautiful bonfire.

I'd like front row seats please

Here ye go folks,

My Boards lovers :D

502880.PNG

I feel truly honoured to be part of that harem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Come back geehad!!!

Necro wrote: »
    Here ye go folks,

My Boards lovers :D

502880.PNG

That's fine Necro, you and I are strictly a professional outfit and I'm ok with that...now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I saw the thread in After Hours but that place scares me :p

Forum Games is clearly where I'm most at home...

502813.jpg
    https://www.boards.ie/love.php

Where's Mam these days? Haven't seen her play for a while

I think I was too busy spreading the love all over the site :o

Ah no , I said I'd give others an opportunity to build up their spoon collections , to match mine :p

Happy Loved Up Day to all of you who celebrate it !

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think I was too busy spreading the love all over the site :o
    Well that's a lovely image :p
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah no , I said I'd give others an opportunity to build up their spoon collections , to match mine :p
    Fair enough :pac:
    Look forward to your triumphant return!

Advertisement