Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulled wine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Sampled Marks and Spencer's today (made in Germany), it is maybe a wee bit too spicy (smell reminded me of Potpourri at first) but not bad at all. I tried the red version while in the store there was also a rosè version, and a mulled cider too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Aldi and lidl both stock mulled wine about 6euro and mulled punch (non alcoholic) is in marks and adding for 3euro

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

How would I make a mulled cider? Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Gal44 wrote: »

I make it just by taking a good quality apple juice and heating it slowly with a bay leaf, some lemon slices studded with cloves, some whole cinnamon and a whole nutmeg. Serve as it, or with a shot of brandy/apple brandy/gin/whiskey for an alcoholic version. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Marks and Spencer's mulled wine is the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Gal44 wrote: »

I made this one last year based on recommendations from this forum and it was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

That's the one I make every year, made it twice this year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got the Gluhwein in Super Valu, €6 a bottle and €10 off if you bought six. Not as nice as Marks and Spencer's but not bad and significantly cheaper.

Advertisement