Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm New To Xbox Megathread : CHRISTMAS 2016 EDITION

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Pocaide wrote: »
    I made a rookie mistake just wondering is there any way around it. My son's xbox 1 has two accounts on it. He has downloaded games on it. However when I redeemed code for xbox live today redeemed it under the other account not realizing or knowing what I was at.

It shows up as active till 25/12/17. Is there any way to link them together. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

You'll need to set the other account to be the home xbox under settings and it'll let you play online under the main account.

You could also contact Microsoft and ask them if they could move it

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Hi can i please get some help my son got a x box for Christmas . x box keeps turning off when I start to play cod ... fifa is downloading at the moment too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi can i please get some help my son got a x box for Christmas . x box keeps turning off when I start to play cod ... fifa is downloading at the moment too

Try doing a full shutdown (hold on to the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds) and then restart it. This usually sorts out most issues.

Thanks for your help but its still not working. I turn it on a message comes up about the Xbox and ventilation. I continue to sign in pick a game . About a minute later the console shuts down ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Happy Christmas All!

Long time PS4 player *cough* - got a new Xbox One S. - Delighted with it!

Silly question! - I had an old Microsoft account with my Xbox 360 but my son put the name on the Xbox account.

I logged into the account on my PC just now and in trying to change the account name, it would appear Microsoft are looking to charge me €10 for a "gamertag change"!!

Am I missing something or is this the case...??

Just want to add my own nickname to the Xbox account...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks for your help but its still not working. I turn it on a message comes up about the Xbox and ventilation. I continue to sign in pick a game . About a minute later the console shuts down ..

Are all the vents on the console clear? If its an original Xbox one and not a one s check the vent on the power supply brick too.

Have a look through these troubleshooting guides too:http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭phildenny

Hi all. Son got Xbox one s but can't do online party with his friends. Message Says network permissions don't allow it. I don't see where I can change this. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,954 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

phildenny wrote: »
    Hi all. Son got Xbox one s but can't do online party with his friends. Message Says network permissions don't allow it. I don't see where I can change this. Any help appreciated.

What type of NAT does he have? Go into Settings - Network. You should see it there.

NAT is Moderate.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are all the vents on the console clear? If its an original Xbox one and not a one s check the vent on the power supply brick too.

Have a look through these troubleshooting guides too:http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

All vents are clear it's a white Xbox s there is a kinda new kettle smell off it when you go down to it and I can never hear a fan running....

All vents are clear it's a white Xbox s there is a kinda new kettle smell off it when you go down to it and I can never hear a fan running....

That sounds like the fan is faulty. You might have to return it.

NAT is Moderate.

Ok. Then if he starts a party can anyone here him or is it if he joins a party no one can hear him?

Also make sure that if it's a Child Account you've allowed voice communication

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I've tied just Payment to my new Microsoft account and made a successful purchase but when I bring up ori and the blind forest it's says not available now...?

Edit... did I need xbox live subscription to download this game? Same issue with dark souls 1...

See attached file

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ok. Then if he starts a party can anyone here him or is it if he joins a party no one can hear him?

Also make sure that if it's a Child Account you've allowed voice communication

His friend invited him but the message came up about not having network permission. Not a child account and I changed all permissions that I could to allow everything for the moment

His friend invited him but the message came up about not having network permission. Not a child account and I changed all permissions that I could to allow everything for the moment

Get your son to start the party and invite his friends.

I play with a few guys in the UK and if they invite me to their party it only works half the time. If I invite them it always works.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to open some ports in your router.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Get your son to start the party and invite his friends.

I play with a few guys in the UK and if they invite me to their party it only works half the time. If I invite them it always works.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to open some ports in your router.[/quote

Thanks. He'll try that when gw gets the game down loaded on an extremely slow internet connection.

Thanks. He'll try that when gw gets the game down loaded on an extremely slow internet connection.

You can join/start parties without being in a game.

Hi thanks for your help so far I brought it back to Argos and they exchanged it .. now can I ask one more question can I have a game downloading while I playing another one
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hi thanks for your help so far I brought it back to Argos and they exchanged it .. now can I ask one more question can I have a game downloading while I playing another one
    Thanks

yes you can it'll just download in the background

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,632 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I believe the download speed is capped when you're playing another game, it'll download quicker if you don't have any games open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi, is this a good price for this, or is it the normal price?
    It works out at roughly €35 or €36.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7CEHG4
    I like the idea of being able to store my favourite games of the moment beside it and the controller chargers.

Advertisement