Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 1 | The Day Will Come [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I finish things I start.
    Books-- they could be once I start them, even if I hate it, I'll finish it.
    I have friends who I can't stand, you know, for, like, 25 years.
    I'm still friends with them.
    Why? Because I stay to the end, till they're dead.
    I go down with the ship.
    That's what I do.
    I'm not even the captain, I'm going down with the ship.
    That's how I want you to think about me: I'm the guy who keeps the captain company.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Fair enough, a book has a definitive end point.
    They are not your friends, just saying.
    I go down with the ship.
    That's what I do.
    That's how I want you to think about me: I'm the guy who keeps the captain company.
    That is not how I would think of you, more along the lines of poor sugarlumps, threw it all away for no reason. Also Captains don't go down with their ship. They wait to be the last person off, to ensure, as much as is possible, the saving of everyone on board. It might often lead to their death but in this case, you would in fact be the cause for the captains death. I don't think he would like you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I finish things I start.
    I go down with the ship.
    That's what I do.

I'm similar in this respect, I'm still watching other shows that have went downhill in my opinion. Come to think of it, I do watch some crud.

For the record, I thought this episode, episode 1, was great and had me glued to the screen throughout. *I thought this was the ep.2 thread when I posted earlier lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Of all the things to do with your time, watching something you don't like strikes me as one hell of a waste of time. There are so many positive and enjoyable things that you could do, yet instead you choose to do a negative thing? I suppose the fact that I don't have enough time to do all the things I enjoy means I can't get my head around why someone would waste time doing something they don't enjoy. After all it's time you'll never get back.

Ah well, to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Episode 2 a yawn fest

Need to up their game
    Shave off more dull characters
    Introduce stories of survivors totally separate from the main group
    More menace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

a few late thoughts on the ep:

rick ended season 5 in control,more than he's ever been, as the executioner, shooting pete in the head. fast forward to season 6 finale and it couldnt have been more different. the same scenario, only the role, and the power, had switched to negan. i loved the sharp contrast. i think there was a danger that the show was heading into too safe territory after they reached alexandria .

was it the right decision to kill off glenn? my head says yes. It allows character development in the likes of rick and maggie, and proves nobody is safe. thats not to say i enjoyed watching it, my heart says no. I was shaken watching it. I certainly wouldn't have killed of Glenn in a season premiere. It should've been more a finale thing like with Shane and Andrea. But they wanted the cliffhanger....

If i could do it differently I would've had negan take glenn and daryl to the sanctuary/ies and keep them as slaves, separated from each other. this would take both of ricks ''right hand men'' away from him, and leave him not knowing their fate. This would be a break from the comics in allowing glenn and negan to exist in the show together beyond the events of the comic, and thus give Glenn new material to work with.

But you could argue that this wouldn't have had the same impact as killing glenn, and you'd be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

They really need to kill off Rick, he's (yet AGAIN!) become an insufferable whinger who shouldn't be able to survive in this world.

Neagan doesn't seem to have a single trait that would inspire loyalty so I simply can't fathom how he'd have gained his first followers.

This was probably the worst episode in the series to date. I'm really only watching at this stage for the odd brilliant episode the writers room still seem capable of producing twice or three times a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

The sad thing is...we have probably witnessed the best Episode of the walking dead, in the worst season of the walking dead!!
    I cant remember any episode of any tv show that made me feel they way I did when this episode ended!!!!...Here's praying that this season still has something good left in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Season 7 is quite bad. Not enough happens during the 60 or so minutes. Perhaps I'm watching too much blacklist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

ok,so I'm starting to like this season 7 again. One thing I dont understand is the way they have dragged it out for so long in the last few episodes , i,m beginning to get a feel for what might happen.
    Well, firstly they all had ample oppertunity to kill this Negan Pr**k and yet he still keeps coming. They should keep him hostage and give him some of his own medicine I think. Probably wont happen though. I think that in the long run the good groups will join forces, including the women hiding by the beach and hit back at this Negan group....

• Advertisement
Advertisement