Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

First two bags arrived there. Didn't think it would be the same coffee! Big savings though

https://www.bailiescoffee.com/products/kenya-gakui-aa-250g-pre-order-for-roast-date-01-07-19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Lavazza 1kg beans €11.99 in Tesco

(down from 15.99)

Decent everyday bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Esse85 wrote: »

Do you know if it's any good?

We make coffee for groups that use part of a building I'm in and would go through a kg bag every couple of weeks and as we don't charge, it would be nice to get a bargain like this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Darc19 wrote: »

We make coffee for groups that use part of a building I'm in and would go through a kg bag every couple of weeks and as we don't charge, it would be nice to get a bargain like this

I'm sorry I haven't tried it yet, it arrived, works out at €5.50kg which is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have ordered from Pure Roast before and found their coffee is excellent for the price. Cant comment on that specific blend but I've always been happy with what I've bought from them.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have ordered from Pure Roast before and found their coffee is excellent for the price. Cant comment on that specific blend but I've always been happy with what I've bought from them.

Me too, I order from them regularly and have always liked what I got

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I just notice it states: "Rio Alto is a complex and sophisticated blend of Arabica and Robusta beans" - Robusta beans are generally very poor quality, you really do get what you pay for, nevermind the suppliers getting a fair price for the product also imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Depends on the blend, Ive had coffee that is 80% arabica and 20% robusta and it has been perfectly fine. Also good robusta beans do exist, its just that some roasters use cheap ones as a filler to save costs.

Regards Pure Roast coffee I've tried their Temple Bar, Signature and Extreme blends and all of them have been solid drinkable coffees and at around €8-11 per kilo. They usually have offers on a lot too if you sign up to their newsletter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i do that on my own!!

must try the pure stuff, B&D my go to but a change always good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Vooice

Used "flashsale20" this morning on Bell Lane coffee and it worked for 20% off. Worked out at €6.90 for a 250g bag delivered. Favourite coffee at the moment, excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Vooice wrote: »
    Used "flashsale20" this morning on Bell Lane coffee and it worked for 20% off. Worked out at €6.90 for a 250g bag delivered. Favourite coffee at the moment, excellent quality.

It's showing as €5.01 for delivery for me. Anything I'm doing wrong to get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Vooice

It's showing as €5.01 for delivery for me. Anything I'm doing wrong

No, I don't think so, that's what I paid for delivery. So I ordered 7 x 250g bags (like the variety), subtotal 48.30.
    Apply flashsale20, minus 9.66, plus 5.01 shipping equals 43.65.
    43.65 for 7 bags delivered or 6.24 each. I'd said a bit dearer in my original post.

I prefer this coffee to the likes of 3fe and I have to pay 11/12 quid a bag for that so it's bargain for me!

Vooice wrote: »
    It's showing as €5.01 for delivery for me. Anything I'm doing wrong

No, I don't think so, that's what I paid for delivery. So I ordered 7 x 250g bags (like the variety), subtotal 48.30.
    Apply flashsale20, minus 9.66, plus 5.01 shipping equals 43.65.
    43.65 for 7 bags delivered or 6.24 each. I'd said a bit dearer in my original post.

I prefer this coffee to the likes of 3fe and I have to pay 11/12 quid a bag for that so it's bargain for me!

I am a big fan of bell lane - even their decaf is decent! :eek::eek:

15% off Bailies until 30th March

NEEDCOFFEE15

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Roasted Brown are doing 10% off and donating full proceeds to cafes. You can either check out social media of cafes you like who use roasted brown for their individual code or use WORKTOGETHER and it goes into a pot to be split amongst cafes.

3fe are also doing 25% off 1kg bags if you visit grand canal terrace or Sussex street where they've set up an ordering counter for minimal contact and social distancing.

Cloud Picker are doing 25% off 1kg bags of Henry & Sam blends if you use code WECANDOTHIS and collect from their roastery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Any recommendations for 3fe?

Bell Lane doing free delivery for the next 2 weeks with code MAMMY20

• Registered Users Posts: 19,738 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have 3 Kg incoming from Adams & Russell via parcel wizard. Works out at €4.40 per 250g including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

mad m wrote: »
    Any recommendations for 3fe?

Anything.

Always very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah would second that, consistently consistent

Got 1kg bag of 3fe. Have a mini gripe. They are offering 25% off which is great but they are basing the 25% off at the 250 bag rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Surely with all coffee shops closed down , roasters have to sell some unwanted commercial beans .....

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Akula

Seems disingenuous. If they just said it was 15% off... people would still be happy given the circumstances. Feels like needless overselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

mad m wrote: »
    Got 1kg bag of 3fe. Have a mini gripe. They are offering 25% off which is great but they are basing the 25% off at the 250 bag rate.

Where are you seeing this offer? Just checked the website and didn't notice anything.

donnacha wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this offer? Just checked the website and didn't notice anything.

It was mentioned on their FB page. Walk-in off street 25% only off 1kg

3fe are closed tomorrow from 4pm for foreseeable (Shops) online still ok

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Full circle roasters are now selling online too https://www.fullcircleroasters.ie/

Bailies launching a new single origin sub (tbh I thought that's what the microlot was but I guess this is a step below that!)

Really interested in this myself - 15% off with code COFFEEDROP

Are the delivery problems people mentioned recently still an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Full circle roasters are now selling online too https://www.fullcircleroasters.ie/

Some solid coffees here - their Brazil is solid, and the Burundi and Kenya are also fab coffees.

Advertisement