Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

There isn't an option to "re-apply". Only thing I see is "Claim" then it says submit contract and mortgage papers.

Do I have to wait for it expire first?

And we have p60 for 2018 last week from my employer.
    fguinan wrote: »
    You should re-apply, and don't select 2018 as a relief year. That way you are not stuck if your employer hasn't filed their end of year accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

I have HTB scheme approved for 20k, but this will expire in March 2019.

It looks like we will get signed contracts after expiry of HTB. There is no option to extend it through the online revenue account.

Does anyone know how long does it take to re-apply once it expires?

I don't know if Revenue have a policy on this Masterboy123 but let's say - worse case scenario - you needed to start again. From my experience it took 9 working days from submission of application to application review/approved.

FYI - tried PM-ing you but your mailbox is full apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have cleared up inbox now, try now please. Didn't know it gets full. I use mobile version of boards.
    axlmac wrote: »
    I don't know if Revenue have a policy on this Masterboy123 but let's say - worse case scenario - you needed to start again. From my experience it took 9 working days from submission of application to application review/approved.

FYI - tried PM-ing you but your mailbox is full apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crey86

Has anyone else been told at stage one, Tax Clearance Certificate not issued.

I'm a PAYE worker as is my wife, I applied immediately after getting my P21, revenue explained that it takes some days for the system to see the P21 even though the cert is online.

Does this sound right? Or am I going to find out in a couple of days that I need to apply for a tax clearance certificate. I went through the eForm and it doesn't seem in anyway relevant to me or the HTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

Crey86 wrote: »

I'm a PAYE worker as is my wife, I applied immediately after getting my P21, revenue explained that it takes some days for the system to see the P21 even though the cert is online.

Does this sound right? Or am I going to find out in a couple of days that I need to apply for a tax clearance certificate. I went through the eForm and it doesn't seem in anyway relevant to me or the HTB.

You can request a tax clearance cert down near the bottom of the revenue website. P21 will have to be requested too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Crey86 wrote: »

You have to request p21's for each year you want to use and then submit form 12's for each year after that.

You have to request p21's for each year you want to use and then submit form 12's for each year after that.

Ah okay, I have done all that now so hopefully it sorts itself out over the next couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Looking for some help please - I have searched but can't seem to find answer, I do apologise if this has been asked already.

We are at the final stages, as in solicitor has funds ready to issue.

We got a notification today to say help to buy claim approved - you HTB fund will issue in approximately 5 working days.

Does this mean the builders solicitor has claimed the funds on their end, or is this some automated notification?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

NewMrs2b wrote: »
    Looking for some help please - I have searched but can't seem to find answer, I do apologise if this has been asked already.

We are at the final stages, as in solicitor has funds ready to issue.

We got a notification today to say help to buy claim approved - you HTB fund will issue in approximately 5 working days.

Does this mean the builders solicitor has claimed the funds on their end, or is this some automated notification?

Thanks for any help.

We got this notification when our builders claimed the HTB, they sent out the closing documents when the money was received at week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

Has anyone got a contact number for revenue for the help to buy scheme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Aleera

Hello. I’m just starting the HTB process at the moment and am at the beginning stages. Can someone explain the whole Form 12/P21 situation? Finding it so confusing.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

When I log into Revenue it shows that my Form 12's are all submitted for the years in question but when I attempt to move forward it says that I need to submit them. Called Revenue today and they didn't seem sure what was going on and took my number saying someone would call me back but that didn't happen.

Anyone else have the same happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

andydurnin wrote: »

Was wondering this too. To quote Brian201888 above "Called Revenue today and they didn't seem sure what was going on" is a pretty common theme. Them seem to just say anything to try to get you off the phone. I wish you could call people who were directly working on HTB so they actually knew what they were talking about.

I have created a group and added my partner, and she has accepted. On my end it says that we are "Awaiting Member Confirmation" for her, on her end it says that I've been added successfully. Her status says "Your application is currently under review". Really hard to know if its actually moving along or if anything is blocking it. We have everything ready to go, potentially wanted to put deposit on house this weekend but can't without this. Status has been like this a couple of weeks now.

So, just to clarify, apparently I was randomly selected for review, and they told me to complete the Tax Clearance Certificate form. As soon as I hit submit it came back clear.

I must have rang revenue about 15 times during the process and got different answers each time. My feeling is that the system is just full of bugs and the staff are taking the shot in the dark approach to troubleshooting.

I had an argument with one lady who was trying to convince me that it was my wife that applied and not me. :confused: Nope definitely me that applied, but her computer was right.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

andydurnin wrote: »
    You just ring the usual PAYE number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm going through the same thing. I set up the group, submitted all my Form 12 staff, my partner confirmed his addition to the group and did all his. A week on, mine still says it's waiting for my 2018 Form 12 (even though this was done the day after the others, I was just waiting for my pension cert) and that my partner is "awaiting membership confirmation". His shows the same for me. I thought it was supposed to be a very quick and easy process but it seems not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Does the property need to be completed by the end of the year to avail of the HTB?

Does the property need to be completed by the end of the year to avail of the HTB?

Yes, there was a PDF posted a couple of pages back that outlines the different scenarios and it confirmed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Yes, there was a PDF posted a couple of pages back that outlines the different scenarios and it confirmed that.

The revenue one? I found it, it seems to say the opposite... So I should be ok

"The first-time buyer must have entered into a contract to purchase a new house or apartment on or after 19 July 2016 and on or before 31 December 2019."

The revenue one? I found it, it seems to say the opposite... So I should be ok

"The first-time buyer must have entered into a contract to purchase a new house or apartment on or after 19 July 2016 and on or before 31 December 2019."

Whoops :o My mistake... Apologies.

• Advertisement

I think you need to claim it which you can do as part of contract signing rather than waiting for the property to be complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My guess is there’ll be a rush of builders making sure they can claim it before the deadline in December. I wouldn’t worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I resubmitted so I could include 2018 and got a message it’s benn cancelled as I have an underpayment of €295 for 2018. What a pain in the ass that is, I don’t do my own taxes. I’m in 2 minds now to include 2018 and pay the €295 and hope I get a good amount included when the application is approved or just not submit for 2018.

I resubmitted so I could include 2018 and got a message it’s benn cancelled as I have an underpayment of €295 for 2018. What a pain in the ass that is, I don’t do my own taxes. I’m in 2 minds now to include 2018 and pay the €295 and hope I get a good amount included when the application is approved or just not submit for 2018.

Pay it. If you've been in steady employment think of each year as 1.25% of your deposit. Definitely worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Hey guys, I've a question.

The missus and I are looking to buy before the end of the year. And we're exploring the HTB scheme. However we've been in college/training for the last few years, so our paid tax only comes in at about 8k for the past few years.

We're both earning considerably more this year and will pay a lot more in taxes. Is there anyway we can include a portion of this year tax payments when applying for the scheme? As it makes or breaks our deposit goals before year end.

Xios wrote: »

The missus and I are looking to buy before the end of the year. And we're exploring the HTB scheme. However we've been in college/training for the last few years, so our paid tax only comes in at about 8k for the past few years.

We're both earning considerably more this year and will pay a lot more in taxes. Is there anyway we can include a portion of this year tax payments when applying for the scheme? As it makes or breaks our deposit goals before year end.

I don't think you can submit form 12's until the year is out. Best to ring revenue and ask. I would wait til next year if i was you, use this year to save and for showing saving history for your mortgage application. The way the housing crisis is i can't see the HTB going anywhere next year.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Xios wrote: »

No.

2018 is the latest tax year you can use as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Yeah, you've only 2 options.

(i) Apply now based on 2015-2018 taxes.
    (ii) Hope the HTB gets extended another year, and apply next year using 2016-2019 taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aleera

I started the HTB process on Monday. Rang revenue today and was told there’s approx a 4 week wait list before the application is even assigned to a case officer. Anyone else been told this?

• Advertisement

Aleera wrote: »
    I started the HTB process on Monday. Rang revenue today and was told there’s approx a 4 week wait list before the application is even assigned to a case officer. Anyone else been told this?

They seem to be getting a massive surge in applications, out only took 1 day, but it was late 2017!

Advertisement