Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Seamus is back into the top 100 in this week's rankings. But only just - his second week at number 100 having been at 105 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

That story really brings it home, any day on a golf course no matter how your playing is a good day. Brilliant that he got that invite and that his family will forever have that memory to look back on.

Really looking forward to seeing how Seamus gets on this season, now that the pressure is off and his confidence should be pretty high he will hopefully have some good results/high placed finishes. Hope Motivator is right about a big win being round the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Motivator

Good opening round from Seamus in Mexico today. Finished -3 which is a good bit back from Wolff who shot the lights out but a good solid round and yet another round under par.

Seamus is out late tomorrow which seems to suit him so he’ll have a very good score to aim at by the time he gets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Made the cut again comfortably on -7 in the Myakoba and is tied for 21st. Here's hoping he pushes on over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Showing lowry how it's done!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭dublin49

3 under tru 7 ,up to sixth ,hopefully can hold it together and get in the mix tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

And another one at 8th, up to T3. He really is showing fantastic consistency since April. Hope he can really tear the back 9 apart and be right up there for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

One off the lead now. Great start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Tearing myself away from Golf's Greatest Holes on Sky to keep up with Seamus' scoring online.

I see he’s playing with Niemann who’s -7 for the day and leading at -14. Hope that target keeps him on his toes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Unlucky on 15...nearly an ace... unfortunately only gets a par...still in the top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Link fixed below....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Yeah, hit the pin. Missed the putt from 6 feet or so. 8 shots off Hovland though. Top 5 be good result.

jesus these tournaments ,if you are not 10 or 12 under after 2 rounds no chance of winning.Dont suit Lowry's slow starts.

The standard of golf on the PGA tour over the last 12 - 18 months is simply frightening. Seamus has only dropped 3 shots in 54 holes and is 8 behind.

To get an idea of how hard it is to even get in to these tournaments, there’s players shooting 66s in Monday qualifiers and getting nowhere near getting a spot in the main event. It really is mad stuff to see players shooting -18 or 19 in PGA events and not even getting a top 5. It’s going to happen that we’ll see a full season in America without having a repeat winner.

Great going by Seamus so far this week though, a top 5 and a nice payday is probably the aim now.

The standard is like you say unbelieveable but I wonder is course set up an issue as well, In the majors a guy can shoot 65 one day and invariably has a modest and regularly a disastrous day 2,doesnt seem to happen much in normal PGA events so it seems a lot of the courses are set up with a birdie fest in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Another solid weeks work for Seamus.

Currently T11.

Will bank about $150k, and another good chunk of fedex and world ranking points.

He will have won about $350k already in the new season. It was probably June when he hit that mark last year. I know his status now is a great help, but he has definitely moved up to another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

I'd say that could bring him up about 10 places in the world rankings and up to 36th in the FedEx cup. He really is going very nicely now.

A great week’s work for Seamus.

• T-11
    • 4 more rounds in the 60s
    • Up to 36th in the FedEx standings
    • Up to a career high 89th in the OWGR
    • Another decent payday with about $155k earned
    • Third top-25 finish in a row

In the last 6 months he’s won about 50% of his total career earnings. That win in the Barbasol has really taken him up a notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

A big plus from all of this is that we'll hopefully see him in the Irish Open too. I heard him in an interview say that he wasn't in a position to come over and play it when he was basically doing all he could to make sure he'd have another season on the tour the next year. But now I imagine he will be able to take the week off and come over.

Has a been venue chosen yet by the way? Is it in Mount Juliet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Apparently the word on the street in Adare is that it'll be on there but I'd take that with a sizeable pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Google seems to think it's not going to be Adare for 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Google was correct it seems

Confirmed for 30th June to 3rd July at MJ

Hopefully Seamus makes the trip over

Probably the closest he’ll ever get to home town Irish Open venue.

Tooraneen probably around same distance from Fota Island and Mount Juliet.

On a separate note isn't it strange that there are no links courses in Waterford anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

None in Cork either so it must be a South-East thing

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭paulos53

I don't believe that there any links courses on the south coast between Waterville and Rosslare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Tramore used to be, but a long time ago.

• Advertisement

Is old Head links in Kinsale not an official links?

Advertisement