Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Has to be the Haribo add with police men talking with children voices. Vomit inducing drivel which would convince me never to buy a haribo product in my lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 25,115 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The see the world differently Virgin Atlantic add, it’s back again.

the androgynous looking pilot… with a sort of glazed psycho expression and weird smile like she’s contemplating whether to crash the plane and it’s occupants into a lake or her local costa, the male cabin crew member in his glittery makeup and the sourest of arrogant pusses on him strutting around like a constipated African John Inman trying to see who is paying attention to him…lad in a flashy wheelchair nearly knocking people down on the way to the gate 😅

if that’s the way you’d want to travel 🙈 you’d need to sit down and have a word with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The SuperValu ads around the need to be ultra woke to save the planet and then you see their Ballymun store going under due to not enough customers yet Lidl alone opened 3 brand new stores within 5km in the last 6 years, Clonshaugh (2021), Gullivers Retail Park (2018) and Omni Shopping Centre (2017). Long may the demise of these parasite delusional retailers continue...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm expecting baby changing facilities in the cockpit next year to comply with new regulations or facilities to allow blind pilots to fly airplanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

They fly blind at night anyway, d'instuments are in charge, pilots can relax. That's why yer wan has the smug grin, how do you think yer man got his hair all tossed and sort of pasted back? She didn't even have to take off her seat belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

That Virgin ad annoys me as well. I did always wonder about the pilot at the end. Given they show a load of diversity earlier on it seems to say “We allow women to be pilots”. Actually so do every other airline going. Also while the cabin crew are free to do their thing, she looks very conventional so it kind of says to me that you can be you if you have a lower rank job but if you’re in charge you must conform. Her seating position is the captains chair.

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

They've been doing those "adults talking in kids voices" ads for years, hate them with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Kerrygold table ad, don’t get it, following him around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Who thought that having our ears blasted with a violin played badly would make us want their product ? I dont know what its for because I reach for the mute button immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Photobox

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, that new AIB ad with all the hip and happening 30 somethings, shoot me now 🙄

• Advertisement

One that really puzzles and annoys me, the Lynx smellies ad with all the animated Billy goats, which finishes with the declaration, 'Lynx, the goat'. Its meant to be an irresistible scent, but have you ever smelled a goat, particularly a male billy goat? Multiply a week old, post match, left in the car boot, rugby kit by 10, you still wouldn't be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

'GOAT = Greatest Of All Time'. You'll hear it referred to with regards to sports players.

It's a slang term they've made into a mascot.

I'd figured that, but I prefer my take on it! Maybe all the young set get it, and have probably never inhaled 'Eau de Chèvre' Do they still call deodorant 'smellies' in the team changing room?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I knew someone who used to call Sundays 'Laundry Day'. She worked in a newsagents, and on Sundays, people would be coming in from Mass, or getting dressed up for a trip to a pub or restaurant for a meal, smelling of perfume, deodorant, aftershave etc. Always reminded her of the smell of washed laundry.

Used to go to that newsagents a lot as a kid. It's long closed down- recession hit, and lots of businesses took a toll.

I'm old enough to remember the smell of carbolic soap from the Sunday 'Masses' as they piled into the local shops for the Sunday Press or Independent, sixpenny wafers (threepenny size for kids), a large bottle of Savage Smith "Orange" (coloured with the same carcinogenic coal tar byproducts that made the carbolic soap), and 20 Woodbine. One of my favourite farm smells was the sickly sweet aroma of 2-4 D weedkiller which was sprayed liberally on the crops, and probably caused my old fellas demise at 65 from pancreatic cancer. The good old days! A scent can bring you back 60 year's to an exavt moment, if you manage to survive that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Ah I’m all misty eyed for white dogshite now 😀

Haha, did you step in it as a child! I read somewhere that the white ones were because of really cheap dog nuts which were mostly made of bone ash. Poor dogs! 💩

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Photobox

Yeah I heard similar but that it came from actual bones being given to dogs. I remember the white dog sh1te well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is it weird to think that one of the toys (I think its meant to be a receptionist or PA) that comes alive in the Virgin Media ad has a great ass?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wish that Man from Geneva would just feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Just seen a new Müller Rice ad where this strange, oddball family want their rice warmed in a microwave and the grandad who also wants his warmed looks a lot like Jimmy Savile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This one is bloody annoying.

Black pudding just doesn't appeal.

Trying too hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The Movember ads. It's going to be a long month 〰️🧔😫

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Definitely still them blasted lottery ads ... but I see that Rockshore knitted dolls aw, Barry! ad is back with a vengeance ... and I cannot leave out that stupid Haribo policemen ad either ... who dreams these things up?

I prefer that Rockshore ad to the other one ... that one with aw, Barry! and those knitted dolls is awful .. the other ad reminds me of Father Ted and My Lovely Horse ... it is obviously a sendup of a bad Irish Eurovision song/promo video ... and it is actually better than a lot of the drivel we sent and all!!! But what does wallet from 2005 actually mean .... or do I need to listen to Donna & Joe's Love for hints ??? That was our Eurovision entry from 2005 wasn't it???!!! ....

Lynx Africa? ... I notice the goat .... means greatest of all time in soccer etc .... the goat is the symbol for Lynx in this ad but the person on the ad says the GO not the GOAT !! ..

Perhaps he pronounced it 'Goh' for the UK market. Like, 'mohah' for Motor, and 'Brihan'. Anyway, Goat's stink, might as well use a pig, or a skunk, or a Tomcat. Who knows? Maybe that underarm/piss/anal odour is actually subliminally hormonally attractive to the opposite sex?

One of the main ingredients in really expensive perfumes is the mucus from a muskrat's arse. We can't deny our biology, we don't naturally smell of roses, so it would not be an evolutionary plus in our quest to mate. There used to be an agricultural product called 'Boarmate', you sprayed it on the pigs in heat to get them in the mood. Rumour back then in the 70s was that the farm boys would apply a bit before heading to see Big Tom in the ballrooms, and mingle with all the lovely girls...

• Advertisement

I used to see yer one in it busking in Cork years ago, have seen her pop up in a few other ads.

Advertisement