Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Vodafone ad with the curly haired virgin pulling the nodgeen off himself when she rings him is on so damn much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Och, that Pepsi Max noo compromyyze ad is back, in festive format 😩🙉

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Here’s my question about that ad. Is the cooker broken as well ? I mean, why the hell is he eating all the food raw ?

Aldi have been spamming "ebanana scrooge" on social media the last day or so. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of mentions about an annoying christmas ad involving a grumpy banana then.

Paul McGrath seems to be on every ad break again.

For curry sauce.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Christmas ads, its November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Archeron

The all new Suzuki VitORRRA, available at 2.1% AP ORRRR.

I'm guessing that ad got the go ahead from Japanese execs who don't know what Irish people actually sound like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Glad you didn't come to work/the party/the pub we had a great time

FUP OFF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,736 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's capitalism. Buy our Chinese-made sh1t quick before it runs off the shelves.

That's the real message of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

There's a new ad on UK TV (Channel 4 just now) - "Switch to reusables" (Chilly's)... where everyone handles all the cups, bottles, bowls containers amongst themselves and shop staff. Just like the last two years of trying our damndest to sanitise, not touch surfaces and keep distances have been completely pointless 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Lia Mango Warhead

Your Chinese made sh1t might not be quite as available soon enough the way things are going.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

I manage to switch off ads totally these times… or so I imagine. The subliminalist experts would definitely argue otherwise cos I will probably find myself buying g something I heard about in the background when I wasn’t paying any attention at all. To me the TV is merely a bit of life on my living room, I pay minimal heed to it whilst I communicate elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

After the yodeling crap and the ooOOOOoooooOOoo atrocity, Celebrations are after launching their christmas advert with everyone saying whoop... 😒

It's already terrible and it has just started. I think my TV will end up with a phone through it before December.

I couldn't give less of a shyte as I wont be buying any.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Youtube constant ads for Kildare Village the last 2 weeks. If I want to buy cheap branded crap i,ll just buy it online thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Sure I've seen a few in October (I use a streaming service so get UK ads) ...

Anyway, I see i've been beaten to it, but I nominate ANY and ALL xmas ads, they ever were, and ever will be!

The Christmas ads started full on during the Late Late Show last night, trading on Tubridy’s well-honed practice of making himself a key Christmas figure in Ireland - the “Toy Man”.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought it was one of those beardy lads from Kin giving that girl a turntable in the Three ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Christmas Ads are only on for a couple of months and then are off until the next year so never really too mad with any of them. Its Christmas they make me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

The Spar christmas ad has to be the most depressing ad on the television and they've shown it every single year from Nov -Jan for the last 5+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

8 weeks (plus) of Christmas ads every year, it's such a torture, I tend to stay away from companies who fry my brain with too many ads or terrible ads.

Some of this years dreadfulness, Eir, the family stopping on the wrong side of the road, in a dangerous position to get the family selfie with a fuppin Christmas tree, such horse manure

That 3 years old Dunnes Ad with the kids trying to find as many lights as possible, what happened to saving electricity and the planet eh Dunnes Stores?

Aldi Christmas Carol rubbish, far too long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I can't hate the Aldi Christmas ad... I've tried. I just can't.

I think it's the fact they went and used 'Fairytale of New York' and that 'woke folk' have been trying to get that taken off of the radio every year that makes me love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A good trick I use is to mute the tv when an ad break starts and then get Alexa to play a song on Spotify that I know is approx 3 minutes long, when the song is over I unmute the tv. Works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Lidl radio add voiceover woman is really pissing me off. She seems to be on on lots of other radio adds but too she needs to fade into the background, she sounds like fingernails scraping on a blackboard with her random high pitched syllables.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

There's a car advert of some sort that has been annoying the **** out of me for months now. Some guy is doing a "Choose Life" style speech over images of the car, just rambling a load of shite before he gets abruptly cut off by the announcer, who TALKS OVER HIM while he is still ranting in the background. It's so amateur, jarring and badly done I still can't tell you what brand of car it's even advertising.

Any Xmas ad with a poem struggling to rhyme in the style of The Night Before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Nobody has mentioned the peanut butter Ad that looks like dog **** and then she's sitting in a tree... It's absolutely brutal, it the voiceover trying to do a Welsh accent??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Same with the tesco ad, it's triggered every anti vaxxer out there and sent them into meltdown 🤣

Advertisement