Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much wine to you drink?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    There's no way one beer a day can cause physical addiction. Sure it wouldn't take long to process that so she would have no alcohol in her system the entire night and next day. People who are addicted to alcohol have withdrawals as soon as their blood alcohol goes below a certain level. So If she wasn't having the same withdrawals every day while she was drinking then she wasn't addicted.

Sounds more psychological than anything else, not that that isn't also a problem.

I love how everybody becomes a medical expert online, fully qualified to give a diagnosis on someone they've never even clapped eyes on, years after the symptoms presented.

I prefer to stick with what her doctor told her at the time, thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Wine makes you fat ;)

Im 52 so im putting it down to the middle age spread/ menopause/ etc .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Agree - I'd rather just have a sparkling water with a slice of lime :)

Non alcoholic substitutes are just empty calories IMO.

Non alcoholic erdinger and paulaner taste the same as their alcoholic versions. I generally would prefer a few alcohol free wheat beers instead of a few cans/bottles of booze. Tend to only drink alcohol at functions and once a months with the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Tend to only drink alcohol at functions and once a months with the lads

So an almost Sober Paddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Absolute muck, wouldn't go near the stuff. (wine)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Lucashood2016

Agree - I'd rather just have a sparkling water with a slice of lime :)

Non alcoholic substitutes are just empty calories IMO.

Non alcoholic erdinger and paulaner taste the same as their alcoholic versions. I generally would prefer a few alcohol free wheat beers instead of a few cans/bottles of booze. Tend to only drink alcohol at functions and once a months with the lads
    no they dont

Advertisement