Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips Airfryer £79

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kceire wrote: »

the tefal is prone to breaking, the old style airfryer (the one linked) seems to be very sturdy. It is discussed on a few other threads. Some people had both and I think invariably people favoured the philips airfryer, some might have said the acitfry was better for certain things but the conensus seems to be to go with the philips overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

With the exchange rate at the moment , things are cheaper than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Have the digital one myself. Best buy I made this year TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Id definitely recommend the Airfryer over the tefal one going by reviews and having an air fryer myself. It's sturdier and hugely versatile. There's big big threads on here about it. The fact its cheaper is s bonus, €85 according to xe but allow a couple of euros more for vat and the rate you'll actually get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The missus has one of these in her house and it's absolutely class. I've been thinking about grabbing one for ages now but pulled the trigger on this one. Great price! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Superb piece of kit, wouldn't be without mine.
    Nearly use it daily, using the oven grill is a thing of the past now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

It's £69 now (oo-er missus) Free delivery to Ireland

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/dp/B0042EU3A2
    41oCA9VLtEL.jpg
    It says Dispatched and sold by Amazon so if u buy the £40 gift card in the other thread you should get another £6 off. I got the last gift card offer and the payment page suggests Use your £7.00 Promotional balance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What's the capacity of this?
    would you feed a family of 3-4?

kceire wrote: »
    What's the capacity of this?
    would you feed a family of 3-4?
    no, there are lots of videos on youtube which will give you a better idea of size than dimensions.

It would struggle to do 2 people, but it can be used partially, like you could be boiling potatoes etc on the hob, or microwave rice, and have this doing a batch of chicken or other meat, so it could feasibly be used for a meal for 4. I have also cooked stuff and left it aside, cook more and reheated the previous one at the end.

There are extra large versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

123654789 wrote:
    It's £69 now (oo-er missus) Free delivery to Ireland

Coming up as £99 for me.

Cazale wrote: »
    Coming up as £99 for me.

seems to be gone alright, I saw it at £69 earlier, I got a report on camelcamelcamel which is still active. This is the type of email you get.
    I had a "desired price" of £72.45. Now I think of it the £69 price was possibly only for "prime" customers, not sure.

Forwarded message
    Date: 4 November 2016 at 11:56
    Subject: Price drop alert: Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black - £69.00

The price has dropped and this product is in stock at Amazon.
    Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black
    The Amazon Price for Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black has dropped at Amazon and is now £3.45 below your desired price. Additionally, our system has determined that the current price is the best price as it is the lowest price we've seen on this product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

from various threads here, and reviews it seems the tefal one is quite prone to breaking, it has more parts as its stirring the food, and the original mechanical philips is very tough, there is little that can go wrong.

Anyone I saw who had both preferred the philips, though the tefal might have done a few jobs better until it broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Forget the Tefal. People need to understand that when these deals crop up, they never last too long, particularly sub £70. No point in asking questions and comparing it to the Tefal. It's all rehashed time-wasting over and over again.

Bottom line: If you see this, digital or not, for anywhere around £70, just put it in your basket and check out immediately.

That Tefal is well reduced though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

This is a quality product. We picked one up last year for a similar price. It gets used 2-3 times a week. We use it mainly for breaded fish fillets, fish cakes, chips....i.e. lazy food

Capacity isn't huge. You might scrape a batch of skinny chips to cover a family of 4 but it will be jammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Would it be worth buying one on Amazon Warehouse Deals for £65? it is listed as "Used-Like New" and those are usually items which were opened but unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Would it be worth buying one on Amazon Warehouse Deals for £65? it is listed as "Used-Like New" and those are usually items which were opened but unused.

I've bought other bits before out of Amazon Warehouse, and the worst I've seen is a mark on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I Bought a tv from warehouse deals a few years back it was £75 off the new listing, the only "problem" was the box was damaged.

Took the plunge at £67/€75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

Back at £79.99 on Amazon now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Bought for 79.99 now is back to 99.99f

Took the plunge at £67/€75

Took that plunge myself & it has shipped.

My amazon Warehouse Deals airfryer arrived and it is still shrink-wrapped, unopened and unused but had been sent to someone else before and returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

rubadub wrote: »
    meh, not at that price.

dodzy wrote: »
    meh, not at that price.

Yeah, I am not recommending it, just showing the delay in CCC reporting it. It did register last nights short term offer.

£79 now! was only checking if CCC got the last one yet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/dp/B0042EU3A2

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LA2016

This is 79 in Tesco UK too

• Advertisement

My amazon Warehouse Deals airfryer arrived and it is still shrink-wrapped, unopened and unused but had been sent to someone else before and returned.

Mine was exactly the same. I will be using the Amazon Warehouse again in the future.

Advertisement