Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've added NBA2K, first one I haven't purchased in years as the Career mode went down the pan. If I enjoy it I might drop some actual money for VC to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There is a Streetball mode in the city where you play against AI and recruit NPC's you your team as you beat them. Handy vc, fun quick games and solo in the city, well worth playing. Also there's a daily challenge to beat an nba ai player in the Streetball court for 750 vc on top of the 300-400 vc you'd get from the game so an easy 1000 vc each day from that.

Give me a shout if you're going to give park games a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Might be worth checking your Plus sub if nearing renewal, without any notification I have a 25% discount on renewing my Premium sub until the end of the month.

My subscription ends April 6th, I was just going to buy monthly subs for essential until June and take advantage of the Days of Play discount to get a year of Extra but this will pretty much work out to be the same cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

just checked and mine is showing 152 for premium. No idea what the price is even supposed to be these days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That's full price for Premium. I assume what is happening is that people who have turned auto renewal off are being offered a discount subscription within a few weeks of the end of their subscription to entice them to stay at their current tier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just checked and on the subscription management tab, I'm only due to pay 119. Interesting. Took a screenshot just in case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I got an email saying my premium subscription is renewing at the start of April and the price is 80 euro. I wasn't going to renew but for that price I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Are new games for the mid tier PS Plus announced today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You mean the monthly games, they should since next Tuesday is first one of April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Immortals of Avenum

Minecraft Legends

Skul the Hero Slayer

Traaaaaaaaaasssshhhhh

Was going to but Immortals of Avenum so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I highly recommend people to at least try Immortals. It doesn't do much new (magic FPS is pretty new), but it does it really well, with strong progression and upgrades that actually have an impact. Does get a bit repetative, but what game doesn't these days. For free, I think people may like it. My GOTY last year, simply because I enjoyed playing it most. But I also hadn't played 5 of the 6 GOTY contenders so... Still, free; give it a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not a month for me, have a lot to finish but I might try squeeze in Immortals if its as decent as PM above says

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

still no sign of a discount for me. guess ill be letting it lapse this time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Such a good game. Highly recommend checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

This day 1 release coming April too. First I've heard of it but looks like it's worth a download at least

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/04/02/tales-of-kenzera-zau-releases-day-1-into-the-playstation-plus-game-catalog-on-april-23/?sf272505379=1&fbclid=IwAR0CCIjRnnIYi8e9TTO03pYjxfHtKM7Ll_fu_A2eKXVEjeiDzAKZig7ZmLQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Immortals is worth a pop. I really enjoyed it. More Doom than COD, but it looks and plays really well.

• Advertisement

I've been waiting for Dave the Diver since it's been out on other platforms hoping it would eventually come to PlayStation. It was a day 1 for me and now it's part of plus, just bloody brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The games due to leave PS Plus Extra around April 16th:

Bassmaster Fishing 2022
    Chicken Police - Paint It RED
    Dangerous Golf
    Everspace
    Fighting EX Layer
    Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
    Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger IX
    Necromunda: Underhive Wars
    Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
    R-Type Final 2
    Soul Calibur 6

Anyone try Immortals yet? I'm inexplicably interested in what people think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Spent half an hour on it, it really wasn't for me

Went to have a look at Immortals for a couple of minutes last night and ended up playing for about three hours. Really enjoying it. Half an hour would barely get you by the intro, which was fairly flat and uninteresting and the battle tutorials feel a bit overlong but are necessary to get into to the game.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/04/10/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-april-dave-the-diver-tales-of-kenzera-zau-the-crew-2-and-more/

PS Extra:
    Animal Well | PS5
    Tales of Kenzera: Zau | PS5
    Dave the Diver | PS4, PS5
    Oddballers | PS4
    Construction Simulator | PS4, PS5
    The Crew 2 | PS4
    Raji: An Ancient Epic | PS4, PS5
    Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame | PS4
    Nour: Play With Your Food | PS4, PS5
    Deliver Us Mars | PS4, PS5
    Lego Marvel's Avengers | PS4
    Miasma Chronicles | PS5
    Stray Blade | PS5

Animal Well will launch May 9.
    Tales of Kenzera: ZAU will launch April 23.

PS Premium:
    Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
    Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
    MediEvil (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Great. Holding off on/forgetting to buy Deliver Us Mars has paid off.

Yeah wanted to get Deliver Us Mars a few times. Dave the Diver is a fantastic get.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Crew 2. I'll give that a go.

• Advertisement

I picked up Deliver us Mars after loving Deliver us the Moon (which was on PS+ at the time), but I just couldn't get into it. Wasn't the same, but at the same time I didn't give it very long at all. Strong month overall imo, good few games on there I'm looking forward to giving a go.

Advertisement