Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism and cycling

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i reported that video, will be interested if it's actioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Fairly disturbing video on Tiktok inciting violence and treating knocking someone off their bike as a joke or being funny... Sounds like he's in Dublin.

Ridiculous they allow such content. Comments even worse. Younger age group using this app, only encourages people to actually attempt such IMO. Not funny whatsoever.. Doubt Gardai could do anything with it?

https://streamable.com/23bufi

8guqux.jpg

20200509-014846.jpg

20200509-014838.jpg

Here's is Instagram

https://instagram.com/brandonhobann?igshid=18ibpe6ohywr9

Few vidoes of his car and him recording himself driving

The comments people posted are absolutely disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

micar wrote: »
    Here's is Instagram

https://instagram.com/brandonhobann?igshid=18ibpe6ohywr9

Few vidoes of his car and him recording himself driving

The comments people posted are absolutely disgusting

{Cough}Steroid induced back acne{/Cough}

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it roid road rage or road roid rage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Doubtful. They kept this one up even after multiples of media attention: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/video-of-car-passenger-soaking-cyclist-in-orange-juice-appears-on-social-app-tiktok-449223

"Entertainment".

• Advertisement

Does he say on either tictok or Instagram what area he is from? Perhaps if a few of us reported him to the local Garda station they might do something about his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Thanks MB.

The detachment evident in the comments is disturbing to say the least. Mostly female too, which makes you wonder.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Thanks MB.

The detachment evident in the comments is disturbing to say the least. Mostly female too, which makes you wonder.

e86f135b52dc05b8ab69f34e1ee46b15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Does he say on either tictok or Instagram what area he is from? Perhaps if a few of us reported him to the local Garda station they might do something about his behaviour.

Tallaght area. I recommend everyone here to give the station a call and report. He drives a Volkswagen.

He's posting content on Instagram while at the wheel as I type this.

What a waster. He's a danger on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

He's a danger on the road.

He knows it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nice one for reuping it instead of giving the pr1ck the views he craves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

He has lovely teeth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Apparently he is a radio presenter, and does this on his show. I haven't listened to any of them bar the post here. I thought the name sounded familiar so said it to my partner who filled me in.

He talks while driving around for whoever asked what he does on his show

CramCycle wrote: »
    Apparently he is a radio presenter, and does this on his show. I haven't listened to any of them bar the post here. I thought the name sounded familiar so said it to my partner who filled me in.

Just googled to see if I can find something.

There's a priest called Brendan Hoban who's does stuff on the radio.

My bad, I actually bothered to Google, at some point when I clicked on his Instagram feed (don't use it often and missed it changing people). I got diverted to another person called Ray Shah who was on Big Brother and this is the name I gave. Apologies.

In future I'm going to Google stuff before posting

My bad, I actually bothered to Google, at some point when I clicked on his Instagram feed (don't use it often and missed it changing people). I got diverted to another person called Ray Shah who was on Big Brother and this is the name I gave. Apologies.

I vaguely remember him.

Has anyone reported him and if so, what did the guards say?

Ray Shah owns Bodyfirst Nutrition in Clontarf now, too. Well, all the Bodyfirst shops, but people here might recognise the shop from Howth spins

Ray Shah owns Bodyfirst Nutrition in Clontarf now, too. Well, all the Bodyfirst shops, but people here might recognise the shop from Howth spins

Feel like a fool now, not sure how I got the two confused, I swear I seen the name, clearly a tech genius I am not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Columnist says cyclists should "do something in return" for pop-up cycle lanes – Cycling UK responds
    On Monday a column in the Scotsman argued that when it comes to the construction of pop-up cycle lanes, cyclists somehow need to “do something in return”. Responding to the piece, Cycling UK has asked why people on bikes should need to meet special criteria before they are kept safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

If we decided that all motorists must stop speeding before any more money is spent on them, our road builders could pack up for good.

This. The columnist is a moron and has been called out perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Coincidentally Ray Shah had a whinge and rant on Twitter at the improved conditions for bikes around the city. The poor mite, it makes it harder for him to do his job, he claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

This thread has breached the 10,000 posts limit, should it be set up afresh? I thought that boards would implode if threads went over 10,000 posts. Nothing untoward has happened quite yet, but I sense dark clouds gathering!

well spotted - new thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement