Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Orton v McIntyre scheduled for Raw AGAIN.. they just don’t give a **** do they?

Which will probably end up in a DQ or interferace from Bliss/Sheamus

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Which will probably end up in a DQ or interferace from Bliss/Sheamus

No Doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

they're trolling people at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Bray will return with a melted face.
    I'm not arguing! I'm pointing out a harrowing fact that appeared on my timeline this morning.

Harrowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Like what ever segment the have planned for either of them should separate.

The run everthing into the ground until even the most interesting feud goes stale.

• Advertisement

Shane O Mac is back

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drew will defend his title in the Elimination Chamber match against Randy Orton (FFS), Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, The Miz and Sheamus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

maybe it's the suit but Flair's looking fierce round in the face.

Edge once again keeping his options open

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Bar the finish in the orton match i found that a very solid raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane O Mac is back

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drew will defend his title in the Elimination Chamber match against Randy Orton (FFS), Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, The Miz and Sheamus

Any chance of seeing Edge vs AJ at Mania for the title? Or for some nostalgia, Edge vs Jeff?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bar the finish in the orton match i found that a very solid raw.

Just from reading the reports the writing this week does seem to be more settled, helps there was no Fiend antics this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,886 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think Nia has a job for life after this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1358982270317703168

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Headshot wrote: »
    I think Nia has a job for life after this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1358982270317703168

She barely lifted her leg off the apron! :pac:

**Edit
    Should have had the sound on haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Edge once again keeping his options open

Was only thinking the same.

It's be nice to have a Rumble winner with a clear purpose again.

Jax with a bit of nice spontaneous working but they'll be making t shirts out of it and making a weekly forced thing of it in no time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So Raw has a clear title program set up in Drew vs Sheamus. A perfect filler feud.

Smackdown has multiple people with claims to title shots, including a few who were screwed out of it.

So...Raw gets a chamber match? :S What? All this does is make me think they've decided Drew ain't going into Mania as champion, and need to move the title off him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So Raw has a clear title program set up in Drew vs Sheamus. A perfect filler feud.

Smackdown has multiple people with claims to title shots, including a few who were screwed out of it.

So...Raw gets a chamber match? :S What? All this does is make me think they've decided Drew ain't going into Mania as champion, and need to move the title off him.....
    This, I don't understand why Raw got the Chamber, it really seemed like they actually built up people on Smackdown for it. Some of the Raw entrants make no sense either, why is Miz there when he has the briefcase for one? Didn't even realise that EC was so close tbh. Seems pretty clear from this too that Edge is challenging Roman for Mania. Did anyone else think for a brief minute that Shane was going to insert himself?

Aside from that this was a decent Raw, better than previous weeks. No Fiend stuff at all this week which is a surprise. The Lacey/Charlotte match was a dud and seemingly this is the Mania feud so that's not great. I'm liking Bad Bunny's involvement more than I should and the fact the gave him those 3D graphics and pyro pretty much solidifies for me that he is gonna have a match with Priest at Mania. Nice to see Keith Lee back, that US title match has some serious potential.

Mustafa Ali gave a great promo on Raw Talk too.

Edge tore Miz to ribbons on the mic. Great promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

maybe it's the suit but Flair's looking fierce round in the face.

Thought the same. Vey round and red.

Is it too much to hope that Nia going through the table writes her off tv for at least a year?

What was the point of Shane being there? Then Drew with a heel reaction asking why he didn't get a heads up.

I agree with the fact the Chamber match was already built on Smackdown. Guess that means the Smackdown women get the chamber? That would be Sasha, Carmella, Bayley, Liv, Ruby and Natalya?

Bianca needs to act like a challenger. On both Smackdown and Raw she was all upbeat and friendly. Not exactly giving off the same "Watch your back!" attitude Edge has.

Bad Bunny heel turn teased? Wearing socks with sandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Big oooof at that Raw Chamber lineup.

Nia Jax stole the show though, "my hole!" will live on in infamy forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

It’s a solid line up for the raw chamber with all former champions. However, everyone in the match bar drew is over 40 and you could argue they missed a chance to give someone younger the chance to shine in this match

• Advertisement

It’s a solid line up for the raw chamber with all former champions. However, everyone in the match bar drew is over 40 and you could argue they missed a chance to give someone younger the chance to shine in this match

It's a Chamber with guys who've, aside from Styles, been on WWE TV forever, the majority of whom, peaked in the decade before last. If it were like Pro Wrestling NOAH and you're working with the cards you're given then I can muster up some sympathy but this is WWE and they've got a million guys to choose from and they've ended up with Miz, Orton, Sheamus and Jeff Hardy in 2021. That's damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Nia Jax thing looks completely staged to me.

She hurts herself and makes a bit of a fool out of herself shouting my hole.

That will make up for her hurting so many over the last few years now that she has her comeuppance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's her not taking the thing seriously. Her whole attitude comes across to me as someone who thinks she can coast by and still get a decent spot. And WWE aren't exactly helping matters.

Riddle/Lee/Lashley should be a great match.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Riddle/Lee/Lashley should be a great match.

As a rule of thumb, triple threats are almost never great.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Why is hardy in the match? He’s a mid carder who loses every week..

Shane’s non advertised appearance was nothing short of bizarre.. could there be more to this? I hate to say it, but could the seeds have been sowed for Drew v Shane at Mania.. i think that’s where this is leading..

In my opinion, everything that has followed edges rumble return last year has been a busted flush. Really have no interest in this version of the character. Overly serious, dull promos and he just isn’t entertaining.. edge was great when he had some humour and personality- where is any of that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Were Christian or Carlito there last night?

It was a meh Raw but match quality was decent and demonstrated how bad Nia Jax is

Odd having no mention of Bliss/Fiend an there antics, maybe saving it for something massive

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why is Adam Pearce and Shane O Mac on Raw, underground fight club returning?

I did LOL at Nia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Why is hardy in the match? He’s a mid carder who loses every week..

For the bumps dammit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement