Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,868 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bammm

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

They need Miz to turn on Morrison at Backlash. These tag team comedy skits is doing none of them any favours.

A feud between the two would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well the Sheamus reveal was a bit quick.

Mandy and Otis seem more like friends than being in love as Cole insists.

They said AJ came to Smackdown through a trade with Raw. Who did Raw get or is that one of those "to be decided"?
    Thought the final was at Backlash, but I guess they don't want to overshadow the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever.

So Mojo is still around.

Angel Garza won't be happy with Miz and Morrisson.

Wrong winner in the title match. Not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Cotts72

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well the Sheamus reveal was a bit quick.

Mandy and Otis seem more like friends than being in love as Cole insists.

They said AJ came to Smackdown through a trade with Raw. Who did Raw get or is that one of those "to be decided"?
    Thought the final was at Backlash, but I guess they don't want to overshadow the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever.

So Mojo is still around.

Angel Garza won't be happy with Miz and Morrisson.

Wrong winner in the title match. Not needed.

Not really watching much nowadays but apparently Morrison is getting psotive reviews. Would love to see them put the belt on him at backlash to have something different

• Registered Users Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I see sasha and Bayley are tag champs again. I take it WWE have gotten Sasha's permission to book them to lose the titles at some point otherwise we may get a serious outbreak of boo boo face from Sasha again because WWE had the nerve to make her drop a title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I should stop reading Reddit. I keep seeing on there on how Bayley is the MVP pf 2020 and I keep wondering "What?! How?!"

I find her to be a whole lot of nothing.

John Morrison has become extremely entertaining. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a proper main event run.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I should stop reading Reddit. I keep seeing on there on how Bayley is the MVP pf 2020 and I keep wondering "What?! How?!"

I find her to be a whole lot of nothing.

John Morrison has become extremely entertaining. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a proper main event run.

Is it because she's been the champ for so long and a mainstay ? I don't know but on the whole I like Bayley and her heel character has grown on me when it's just her, but my liking of her is tempered by her being connected to Sasha banks who I have zero mass in at all.

JOMO is a serious talent and always was and yeah he deserves a title run.

Hard to see any 'small' guy beating Strowman for the title without been a gimmick of sort

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hard to see any 'small' guy beating Strowman for the title without been a gimmick of sort

A gimmick ? Do you mean they can't beat him cleanly and need so shenanigans. I'd love to see Morrison as WWE champ. I mean if the Miz and jinder mahal were WWE champion then Morrison should be one as he imo is measures better than both, although miz is good he's not Morrison good. That's just my opinion.

Also if it hadn't been randy Orton in evolution I think John Morrison could have easily fit the group.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A gimmick ? Do you mean they can't beat him cleanly and need so shenanigans.

Yep

would Bray Wyatt be counted as having red hair and beard ?. Im not sure Sheamus actually done it

what an odd segment

top Hollywood acting lol

• Registered Users Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just taking the piss

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just taking the piss

see what you do there ha

Supposedly this is one of the best matches of the year

Great match AJ Styles first time IC champion

Not bad for someone who got buried alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Enjoyable smackdown.

Bryan and AJ are two of the best workers in the world today. Great that they were given plenty of time to work. Brings prestige to the ic title.

Love the Jeff and Seamus stuff. Seamus is a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

ricero wrote: »
    Enjoyable smackdown.

Bryan and AJ are two of the best workers in the world today. Great that they were given plenty of time to work. Brings prestige to the ic title.

Legit don't think anyone could piece together 5 ****+ matches that Styles has had in the last 2 years. Ricero you might be the man for the job.

ricero wrote: »
    Enjoyable smackdown.

Legit don't think anyone could piece together 5 ****+ matches that Styles has had in the last 2 years. Ricero you might be the man for the job.

New Day taking a knee before their match. Wonder if they told anyone. I'd say if they didn't someone knew better than to cut it as word would've got out.

I know the term "wrestling clinic" is used a lot for matches like AJ/Bryan but in this case it was just that for the PC ones in attendance. Match could've gone either way and I'm just glad there were no shenanigans at the end.

Speaking of the PC crowd, they do seem to be getting better with reactions. They were pretty quiet before, but the fact they're now being muted means they're going with the flow. Like the "You got pi$$ed on" chant. And they seemed to be split with the title match.

Surprised there was no reaction from the security guys since that sample got everywhere and not just over Sheamus. I'd say the fans were happy for the screens.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    New Day taking a knee before their match. Wonder if they told anyone. I'd say if they didn't someone knew better than to cut it as word would've got out.

Why would it have been cut?

Keith Lee wore a Black Lives Matter vest and trunks at Takeover last weekend. WWE are sharing New Day's knee on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1271598554755346432

They have it on their website...

010_SD_06122020JG_08623--b4751cf532723bb342aa0f1acde16b82.jpg

People listen to Meltzer's nonsense too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Should they have to have told anyone? They've been there long enough, that Vince himself would probably say do what you feel like you need to do, despite the **** we throw his way (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here) and despite his political affiliation/ties, surely he himself, deep down would know the killing of George Floyd was completely and totally unwarranted.

Positive PR and a largely liberal locker room (bar a few notable exceptions).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Plus a former cop in Mustafa Ali on their books. There must've been some interesting discussions in the aftermath of George Floyd's unwarranted death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If Vince didn’t approve of it it wouldn’t be on the show considering it was a taped show

The reason I'm saying it mightn't have been approved was because of the controversy before with footballers getting in trouble for taking a knee before matches. I know that was during the national anthem which was different.
    Anyway, yeah I noticed Keith Lee's trunks and he and Mia, as well as New Day have victims' names on their armbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Great match AJ Styles first time IC champion

Not bad for someone who got buried alive

MOTY contender

are they after getting rid of the hacker storyline

Firefly funhouse returns tonight, prob going after Braun again

• Advertisement

Riddle's debut has been removed from ads so expect that to be edited out.

Advertisement