Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lio Rush does a springboard stunner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Lio Rush does a springboard stunner

Better than Cena's but the Eclipse by Ember Moon looks better than both or Owens.
    She'd want to stop it long term for her spines sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Joe should really be a main eventer

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

It’s gonna be Truth v Cena at Mania isn’t it?

Correction; joe Cena Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

TimesArrow wrote: »
    It’s gonna be Truth v Cena at Mania isn’t it?

Correction; joe Cena Mania?

Yeah, Joe v Cena was my first thought the minute he won.

Really liked The Uso's promo earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yeah, Joe v Cena was my first thought the minute he won.

Really liked The Uso's promo earlier.

Yep seems like Its Joe vs Cena at mania then

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Willing to give it a chance but not sure this KO face run is going to be that good. I just don't see him as a believable dude to root for in any fashion.

Doesn't help involving Kofi in the angle which makes people not want to side with him.

Did like the Usos promo though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Owens is a terrific babyface. His work in ROH was something else.

The problem with this is the context. He left as a snivelling heel, with no credibility, getting humiliated by Strowman & Lashley for months, and then returned in a natural heel spot as Vince's handpicked guy to replace the audience favourite. The promo at the start of this weeks Smackdown felt like an attempt to let the audience know that yes, he is a babyface. He's swimming against the tide already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

About time Joe won something. He is the best at promos in WWE, in my opinion. Intense, doesn't...talk...slow and doesn't repeat stuff. No filler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really thought that show was above the last few Raw and Smackdowns by quite a large margin.

I adore Usos and Joe when it comes to promos, so getting both was great. The US title match was brilliant. I really liked Truth's "What would Cena do" gimmick, and would like to see it continue a bit, but I'm also not disappointed Joe won the title.

I do wish they'd get Becky off the crutches. That felt the perfect chance for her to drop them and reveal she's all healed up. She doesn't need this underdog ****. The fans loved her before it, and its dragging on way too long now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really thought that show was above the last few Raw and Smackdowns by quite a large margin.

I adore Usos and Joe when it comes to promos, so getting both was great. The US title match was brilliant. I really liked Truth's "What would Cena do" gimmick, and would like to see it continue a bit, but I'm also not disappointed Joe won the title.

I do wish they'd get Becky off the crutches. That felt the perfect chance for her to drop them and reveal she's all healed up. She doesn't need this underdog ****. The fans loved her before it, and its dragging on way too long now.

If they're smart she'll come out on crutches to her music for fastlane have a snug Charlotte already in ring beckon her forward, do a woo turn her back arrogantly in a I'm waiting here for you to hobble down way then Becky sprints to the ring

Really annoyed that the Smackdown championship is getting no real WrestleMania spotlight yet

Really annoyed that the Smackdown championship is getting no real WrestleMania spotlight yet

Post-Wrestling had said Asuka had been scheduled for a match. I'm guessing the injury scare made them play it safe this week and leave her off the show.

Mandy vs Auska looks the direction though.

What show were you watching over the summer?:confused:

That is ***explicitly*** what got her over. The audience felt the company was behind Charlotte and Becky was being ignored. That made her the underdog and created a groundswell behind her. It's terrific booking to maintain doubt around the fact that ultimately she's going to be in and win that match at Wrestlemania.

Is she the underdog against Charlotte really? Beat her clean at HIAC, Evolution, the Rumble and presumably Fastlane on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is she the underdog against Charlotte really? Beat her clean at HIAC, Evolution, the Rumble and presumably Fastlane on Sunday.

Now that she's the "top face" she's automatically the underdog

She has to fight against all the odds, just like Hogan, Cena and Reigns before her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ko's stunner looked alot better this week

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yep seems like Its Joe vs Cena at mania then

Always felt there should be a joe cena feud. They have history with each other going back to before cena ever wrestled in ovw/wwe. I know they've done the 'cena was the favourite whilst i had to struggle to get here' route a million times before, but Joe would be a perfect opponent for him. Isnt there videos somewhere in these threads showing them training years before wwe/tna? think i heard that cena used to stay with Joe's family whilst on the west coast.

Exactly. The booking has to make you think Charlotte is the favourite and the hero is fighting from underneath, but make no mistake, Becky is 'the guy' in that division.

Monokne wrote: »
    What show were you watching over the summer?:confused:

That is ***explicitly*** what got her over. The audience felt the company was behind Charlotte and Becky was being ignored. That made her the underdog and created a groundswell behind her. It's terrific booking to maintain doubt around the fact that ultimately she's going to be in and win that match at Wrestlemania.

I guess it's a different level of underdog though.

What got her over was the fact Charlotte was the "chosen one", and Becky was the underdog from a professional standpoint.

This is creating a physical handicap that's not needed at all. The former was believable based on character and on smarks wanting to believe. The latter is just going to handicap her on a few levels. Not least of all the one that's she has to wrestle a match where she only has one leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with Asuka coming out on top with Mandy, does that mean Mandy wins on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Becky shouting "Im fckking going to rip your fcuking arm off... this is my sh1t".

:confused:

I guess it's a different level of underdog though.

What got her over was the fact Charlotte was the "chosen one", and Becky was the underdog from a professional standpoint.

This is creating a physical handicap that's not needed at all. The former was believable based on character and on smarks wanting to believe. The latter is just going to handicap her on a few levels. Not least of all the one that's she has to wrestle a match where she only has one leg.

I feel her strength as a worker is her selling so I'd be inclined to create a scenario like this myself were I booking her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Kevin Owens is the next Austin.

What a way to ruin him, just **** off Vince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads Charlotte is bate from surgery’s! She looks terrible

I think she looks great but yeah, there is a lot of work done.

Compare early NXT Charlotte to now and she almost looks like a different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads Charlotte is bate from surgery’s! She looks terrible

Looks like she got work done on her face to have the Caruso lips as I call them. Not a fan of that lip injection madness.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Charlotte is incredibly talented in the ring, likely the best or one of at least in history with regards to female talents...

But fcuk me she is dogsh1t on the mic. And this isn't a new phenomenon, her whole face run was horrid as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think she looks great but yeah, there is a lot of work done.

Compare early NXT Charlotte to now and she almost looks like a different person.

I think she’s in the pic you attached but currently tho she looks ready to melt or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Necro wrote: »
    Charlotte is incredibly talented in the ring, likely the best or one of at least in history with regards to female talents...

But fcuk me she is dogsh1t on the mic. And this isn't a new phenomenon, her whole face run was horrid as well

She's annoying as all hell on the mic, I hate the WEIRD WAY SHE'LL JUST EMPHASISE seemingly random parts of what's she's saying instead of the important bits

Part of me thinks a good heel should be annoying though, not every heel should be "appreciated" for "good heel work" like we would Miz or Joe for example

• Advertisement

She's annoying as all hell on the mic, I hate the WEIRD WAY SHE'LL JUST EMPHASISE seemingly random parts of what's she's saying instead of the important bits

Part of me thinks a good heel should be annoying though, not every heel should be "appreciated" for "good heel work" like we would Miz or Joe for example

That's fair, it doesn't make me not want to see her matches. I could just do without the overdone sign pointing, and fake smugness, and as you said above the wrong words being emphasised.

Advertisement