Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone unusual you DO NOT fancy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Ryan Gosling, ever since I saw Drive, which is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, I just do not see it with him at all.

I'm really gone off Tom Hiddleston too - taylor swift has ruined him :mad:

To those saying Bradley Cooper - fight me :pac: have ye not SEEN the hangover when he's in the all-black suit?! *fans self*

Yes! Finally someone that agrees with me that Drive is one of the worst/most boring films ever. And Ryan Gosling is overrated and seems so full of himself in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

eva green is another so called babe i can't see what the fuss is about

very much a plain jane to my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Angelina Jolie - bag of spanners

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

fryup wrote: »

you picked the only photo Ive ever seen her look bad in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

The funny thing is that if you meet any of these people in real life - surrounded by simple mortals - they all instantly stand out as unusually good looking.

But we judge people in context, and we only ever see them surrounded by beautiful people.

Trust me, if you saw the folks you're putting on this list in real life you'd be swooning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wakka12 wrote: »
    you picked the only photo Ive ever seen her look bad in!

here's more

you need to go to specsavers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

NiallBoo wrote: »
    The funny thing is that if you meet any of these people in real life - surrounded by simple mortals - they all instantly stand out as unusually good looking.

But we judge people in context, and we only ever see them surrounded by beautiful people.

Trust me, if you saw the folks you're putting on this list in real life you'd be swooning.

Truth! I met George Clooney and holysh*tballsbatman he is even finer in real life! (I've always been a fan though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Used to think Paulo nutini was kinda fit seen him in concert NOPE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

fryup wrote: »

If plain janes had tits like hers, men everywhere would be very happy. Just look at her body in some of those photo's you linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Cate Blanchett.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I'm really gone off Tom Hiddleston too - taylor swift has ruined him :mad:

I used love Tom Hiddleston, He was my no.1. but since Taylor Swift I've seriously gone off him. There is just no coming back from that I heart TS tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Sofia Vergara (?). A bit toooo perfect.

the most annoying woman on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Cate Blanchett.

Strange old bird, oscillates between moose and totty dependent on how she's kitted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sure. Then. In the 90's.

:pac:

She's still a good looking woman, she doesn't look 21 any more but I definitely wouldn't kick her out of bed for that. She takes some bad looking photos but she always did, in interviews etc you can see she's gorgeous. Bitta craic out of her too I'd say, which always helps with fanciablility.

Jude Law. There's something unsanitary looking about him, he's probably a serial nose-picker or doesn't floss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Nicole Kidman. Has frowny eyebrows that pull down towards her nose. When she's an old lady she will look like a really cross old witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

katemarch wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman. Has frowny eyebrows that pull down towards her nose. When she's an old lady she will look like a really cross old witch.

I think the botox will sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Robert Pattison can't see the appeal

Brad Pitt Looks like he smokes weed constantly and never showers doesn't do it for me

Any member of One Direction but I'm not a 11 yr old girl so maybe I'm not supposed to fancy them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Jamie Dornan
    Cillian Murphy
    George Clooney
    Brad Pitt
    Bryan Ferry
    Gabriel Byrne

Never got the fuss about any of the above

Re. Cillian Murphy, have you watched Peaky Blinders? Think its more his character in that that has us swoon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Roz Purcell - I cannot get on board with her eyes.

Rhys Meyers is actually a bollocks in real life too. My cousin used to have to deal with him coming into the video rental shop where she worked (we're going back a few years). He was a snotty fcuker because she always blanked him. Didn't return a few videos either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Brad Pitt. Jamie Dornan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Speedwell wrote: »
    That's the list, yeah. They all have some ferret-faced alien triangular squint thing going on, or something. I can't put my finger on it, but you've got the correct circle of the Venn there.

I suspect it has something to do with their foreheads...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Tom Cruise.

Objectively, I can see that he's a good looking man. But he just does nothing for me. And didn't, even before the whole Scientology-jumping-on-the-sofa-gay-coverup bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Kim Kardashian would be one. I think her backside is grotesque looking.

Never liked Jennifer Aniston or Courtney Cox either for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

nicole scherzinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just saw Michael Fassbender on the news just now

I just don't see the attraction at all, does nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Bugs Bunny dressed up as a female rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Oh yes.... And Jamie Dornan has a pointy wiggly nose like an old-fashioned light-switch. Quite ugly. I found him *really* unconvincing in that silly 50-shades film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

tupenny wrote: »
    Re. Cillian Murphy, have you watched Peaky Blinders? Think its more his character in that that has us swoon

So true. Generally don't find him attractive at all but my God in Peaky Blinders he is something else. Tommy Shelby is some man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Oh joy. This is a topic where I get to be judgy, superficial, and seemingly cruel...but at least very honest. I'm including women that I think are truly overrated...that is genuinely widely well rated women that I personally don't rate... not the over exposed pap types that attract as many detractors...you know who they are.

I have certain biases, I prefer brunettes, some reasonable curves but not overdone, nice skin, and preferably no artificial bits or injections. I prefer large eyes (as opposed to small fish eyes). So as a reference point my baseline "type" includes Jenna Coleman, ME Winstead, Alicia Vikander, Alison Brie, etc.

The four below I have enjoyed in films but not because I'm attracted to any of them.

Penelope Cruz
    Eva Green
    Scarlett Johansson
    Jennifer Lawrence

Great actresses but something in the face doesn't entice me. Cruz...a bit of a mallard face...harsh but I don't know how else to describe it. I think Eva Green mesmerises some with her eyes but there's a bit of a melted wax thing going on with the face...like Cruz there's not much space between her nose and her upper lip. Lawrence has great sympathetic expressiveness despite otherwise harsh features...I'm not sure she'll age well...a bit of a butterface. Scarlett has an interesting look but a bit too boyish for me.

Also Audrey Hepburn...I like femine, I do. But she is literally too feminine. It's like fragile China Doll overkill. She has the facial bone structure of a five year old. She is also a bit too far on the bony side as well. You could stuff her in your carry-on luggage and still have room for several coats and trousers. Aesthetically draws your attention with her distinctive look...just wouldn't be attracted to her myself.

Kelly Brook...The anti-Audrey. I like curves. I do. But this is overkill in the other direction. She's not really fat or anything...and yet she's like a giant inflatable raft. A big asset in many eyes maybe. But not mine. It's like Gary and Wyatt got carried with away with many of her specs. Strangely, I do remember being somewhat attracted to Kelly in her younger days...she has nice simpatico doe eyes. But she can't act her way out of a sack.

Kirsten Dunst--Her eyes make her look like a cyborg ice queen.
    Christina Hendricks. They are fake. The End.
    Mila Kunis--Nothing jumps out about her. Nothing special about her eyes or her smile.
    Angelina Jolie--Honestly, she'd be better off without those lips. You know where she gets those lips from? Jon Voight. So every time I see her I can't get Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy out of my head...not appealing to me in a woman. :P I will say though she can be a solid actress in the right roles.

Advertisement