Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Sports Arena Champions League - Charity Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Paid (bank transfer)
    ID: 9785

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've done that now, hope it's alright as I'm still a bit of an amateur with paypal

ID 85684

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

For some reason some bank transfers are not showing the comments/reference people add. Got one today with just a name on it (so dunno if its Boots or Greedygoblin), but I know people are putting refs that just aren't coming through.
    Something to do with it coming from a different bank I suspect.

Apart from manual man and KanKan14 if you've bank transfered me please drop me a PM with the your name (or the name of the account it's coming from if different).

Please any bank transfers from now on do this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

PM sent

Just a quick one on this for peoples thoughts.

As people are paying various different amounts of donations it makes this slightly difficult to ensure the integrity of the thing (or more importantly my integrity as the bag man) is not open to question.

I.e. if it was ten euro each and 40 people entered then I have to cough up €400 when all is said and done.

But as nobody but me knows what anyone else donated then I can embezzle as much as I like. As donations are voluntary I had originally not intended to post a list of the individual donations so as not to put any pressure on what people feel they can give. But unless that list is on the record, such that everyone can see that their donation, at the correct amount, is included in the total I am sort of in a difficult situation where ye are all putting complete and absolute trust in me not to run off with half the cash and say that everyone donated a fiver.

Equally I don't want to throw up the list of donations without the consent of the donors.

Any suggestions on how to verify the donations other than publishing a list of names and amounts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    Just a quick one on this for peoples thoughts.

As people are paying various different amounts of donations it makes this slightly difficult to ensure the integrity of the thing (or more importantly my integrity as the bag man) is not open to question.

I.e. if it was ten euro each and 40 people entered then I have to cough up €400 when all is said and done.

But as nobody but me knows what anyone else donated then I can embezzle as much as I like. As donations are voluntary I had originally not intended to post a list of the individual donations so as not to put any pressure on what people feel they can give. But unless that list is on the record, such that everyone can see that their donation, at the correct amount, is included in the total I am sort of in a difficult situation where ye are all putting complete and absolute trust in me not to run off with half the cash and say that everyone donated a fiver.

Any suggestions on how to verify the donations other than publishing a list of names and amounts??

A poll maybe with various amounts, but anonymous? As long as you set it with 5 euro intervals it should work.

We trust you, though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We trust you. Its a fair point you make but I can't imagine anybody has an issue. I also see no harm in putting up a list but some may have an issue with this which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The only way to ensure anonymity would be to do something like this as far as I can see:

Example - 40 donations so assign each person a random number between 1 and 40 and pm them their number (so only the two of you know what their number is). Then post here on the thread the numbers with the correspending donation amount so each person can see that the donation amount corresponds to how much they donated, and in so doing would show the total amount in donations also.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

More than willing to place my trust in this being done properly without needing it all itemised. Will try get my payment in over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Happy to take your word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    More than willing to place my trust in this being done properly without needing it all itemised. Will try get my payment in over the weekend.

I don't think making things transparent can do any harm. I'd be very surprised if there was anything untoward was going on, but the majority of us don't know one another other than by our boards persona, so transparency can just put everyone's mind completely at ease and who knows may even encourage a few more donations. It requires some more admin - I'd be glad to help with that - but I definitely think it's a good idea.

We trust you. Its a fair point you make but I can't imagine anybody has an issue. I also see no harm in putting up a list but some may have an issue with this which is fair enough.

I'm not doubting that people will generally go on trust. But its a bit too unaccountable for my liking in (highly unlikely) event of it being questioned. Plus if even a minority of people are reluctant to hand over money to a stranger on the internet on those terms it'll affect the venture.

Anyhow. Manual man's idea works perfectly. I'll receipt everyone by PM with a reference number and list total without names when we're done. Very little extra work in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Honestly, happy to trust you, FHFC. The fact that you are looking for a method of accountability shows the integrity that you have.

With that in mind im happy to entrust you with the 2k i sent :p or are you going to say you didn't get it :O

In all seriousness though, i dont feel there is a need to burden yourself further

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I can understand FHFC wanting to protect himself tbf

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

zarquon wrote: »
    Honestly, happy to trust you, FHFC. The fact that you are looking for a method of accountability shows the integrity that you have.

With that in mind im happy to entrust you with the 2k i sent :p or are you going to say you didn't get it :O

In all seriousness though, i dont feel there is a need to burden yourself further

That could all be part of the cunning plan! :)

It's fine now lads. Its sorted. I'm happy to just send an extra pm with a reference number to everyone as they pay.

I don't want any room for doubts, spoken or unspoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ FHFC: I trust you... unless you don't trust your own pants :pac:.

Yis won't be laughing when yis see "Boards FSA" listed as match sponsor for Finn Harps next home game... ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yis won't be laughing when yis see "Boards FSA" listed as match sponsor for Finn Harps next home game... ;)

Given the amount of people here in the FH league, we practically are official sponsors :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Donation sent, will source the team id later as on mobile just now.

Team ID 11550.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dahat wrote: »
    Donation sent, will source the team id later as on mobile just now.

Yours is 11550.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yours is 11550.

Sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Payment made via paypal

Team id 23,608

Here lads. Just realised the messages etc in bank transfers are coming through belatedly.

I can see payments on my App pretty quickly after yis make them but the details seem to come through a day or so later once payment us fully cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Paid via Bank Transfer (PTSB)
    ID: 51455

paid from paypal. Id 7549. Put my first name as reference as I felt a little bit uncomfortable referencing my payment as busts:D

paid from paypal. Id 7549. Put my first name as reference as I felt a little bit uncomfortable referencing my payment as busts:D

I think I'd recognise your name seeing we go back 15 years to the Horseshoe bar in Cork!! ;)

I think I'd recognise your name seeing we go back 15 years to the Horseshoe bar in Cork!! ;)

It was more if either our wife's happened to see a payment from the PayPal with a busts reference. The state you were in that day I couldn't have imagined you would have been capable of organising something like this ha.

It was more if either our wife's happened to see a payment from the PayPal with a busts reference. The state you were in that day I couldn't have imagined you would have been capable of organising something like this ha.

It was the language barrier man.....

You're lucky u didn't head to that UCD playoff last year mind you. Was easily the drunkest person in Belfield that day. For the second time in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

Paid via paypal

ID: 172643

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Paid via Bank Transfer

ID 65582,
    Bank Reference: "Zarquon-Charity CL"

Advertisement