Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Sports Arena Champions League - Charity Event

Options
  • 26-09-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭

I meant to set this up over the last international break. As discussed in pre season we were hoping to run a CL style competition for a charity of zarquon's choice( Hope your doing well). I was thinking of a voluntary donation to enter minimum 5 euro. FHFC said he will help out with organising so details to follow on payment etc. The idea would be to get in as many as possible and then work out how to structure it. May I suggest you thank this post if you think you would be interested in joining so we can get a rough idea on numbers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Great initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Je, iroced, France, suis zarquon :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Highest finishing member of the Qualifying League in this will get a spot in League 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Highest finishing member of the Qualifying League in this will get a spot in League 2.

Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just bumping this. Also, I'm sure there are those who don't know the background. Zarquon is an FSA stalwart since well before I stumbled in here, and was the inaugural FSA Premier Champ. Sadly less frequent contributions last season and recently shared with the forum that he has been battling serious illness, and inspiring us to put our obsession to some use by doing a forum charity competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

[...]for a charity of zarquon's choice (Hope your doing well).[...]
    Initially I did not get the part in between brackets. Thought it was just a general comment (how you're doing pal?) related to you, zarquon, posting less in this forum lately.
    But...
    FHFC wrote: »
    [...]and recently shared with the forum that he has been battling serious illness, and inspiring us to put our obsession to some use by doing a forum charity competition.
    So I searched the forum and eventually found your touching post about "it". I totally missed it since it was during my 2 months summer FPL break. Sorry to hear about "that" zarquon and kinda feel a bit stupid now about my previous post... though it can somehow suit the situation.

I know, well no I actually don't and hope I never will know, what you're going through, but I've externally experienced it with some close relatives of mine who've been and still are fighting serious illness and/or poor prognosis and are still there. Human body sometimes find resources defying any science. I deeply wish this applies to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I completely missed out on the news, great idea and my thoughts are with you Zarquon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If somebody wants to link zarquons post I didn't know how to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

PARlance wrote: »
    I completely missed out on the news, great idea and my thoughts are with you Zarquon.

Me too, happy to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If somebody wants to link zarquons post I didn't know how to do that.

Here is zarquon's post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100603165&postcount=95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Thanks, very emotional reading that for a guy i never met but know by name around here only. It takes a strong person to post that and i have nothing but respect and best wishes for Zarquon.

Absolutely count me in for this if only just to contribute as im not sure i have the time to do another team.

Thanks

POKERKING wrote: »
    Thanks, very emotional reading that for a guy i never met but know by name around here only. It takes a strong person to post that and i have nothing but respect and best wishes for Zarquon.

Absolutely count me in for this if only just to contribute as im not sure i have the time to do another team.

Thanks

Great post. You will be just using the team you already have. We will take the scores from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Thanks guys (and gals!) for your efforts and thoughts here. I'm managing, often it's a struggle but by the grace of God i get to enjoy another gameweek - of course i use the word enjoy sparingly - continuing to experience poor gameweeks makes FPL seem like masochism at the best of times but i'm enjoying a good tussle with Swiper in the FSA premier league so all is not lost for now :)

I would like to nominate the galway hospice foundation as the recipients of any proceeds for all the tremendous work they do, not just in my life but in the lives of so many in their final stages. The staff and facilities are incredible and serve a wonderful purpose so it would please me greatly to be able to contribute to the good work they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

All the very best Zarquon

We are going to get this up and running over the international break. FHFC will post up payment details its a minimum 5 euro donation to enter. The charity is the galway hospice foundation. The deadline for entries is Midnight on monday 17th october. When we have final numbers we will discuss the layout but there will be atleast 6 group games.

Payment.

Paypal to trevg1977 at gmail.com. (posting email to avoid having to reply to 50 pms, but trying to avoid being harvested for spam there but you hopefully get the picture).

V Important. Please when using paypal select the 'friends and family' option and NOT 'pay for goods or service' as the latter will see a significant fee deducted my end. Any I recieve like this will be refunded.

Also, a tip, when paying friends and family using a credit/debit card there is still a small fee which should be deducted your end (you get to select who pays the fee - select you pay or its getting refunded too!! :)). However if you transfer money from you card into PayPal first, or already have a balance in PayPal then there is NO FEE for anyone.

Anyone wanting to do an online bank transfer pm me and I'll sort you with BIC and IBAN.

In both cases when transferring include you BOARDS USERNAME as a ref.

Please then post here with your FPL ID and once I get payment cleared will add you to the competition.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Paid there

FPL ID: 21353

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Paid there

FPL ID: 21353

Gotcha.

From here on in, taking a leaf from the book of the well oiled CSF machine I'll thank post to confirm I've received people's payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Paid, ID is 157.

ID - 5245

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Maybe those entering from League 2 get a spot in League 1 only if they win mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Just paid. ID is 81324.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Paid there

ID: 185

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Paid
    ID:2757

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Sent by bank transfer from ulster bank.

Team id: 42211

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paid(bank transfer)

ID: 17999

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

patmac wrote: »

Maybe those entering from League 2 get a spot in League 1 only if they win mind.
    No can do unfortunately.

Please remember to put boards name in as reference on bank transfers. Otherwise I've no way of knowing which boardsie it's relating to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Paid(bank transfer)

ID: 3072

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 harps1954

Paid (paypal). ID: 1481

Advertisement