Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht v Scarlets TG4 7.35pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is it very windy or something there? Nobody can kick, it seems.

You'll find it very hard to win tight games or games you don't deserve to win with Carty.

Two awful kicks from the last two advantages, the first a nothing kick into the 22 and the second far too early.

Place kicking is woeful as well.

I honestly don't know why he's starting for this many seasons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Is it very windy or something there? Nobody can kick, it seems.

It's wet, but the commentators said at the start that the wind had died down.

Did Barkley lead with his arm there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You'll find it very hard to win tight games or games you don't deserve to win with Carty.

Two awful kicks from the last two advantages, the first a nothing kick into the 22 and the second far too early.

Place kicking is woeful as well.

I honestly don't know why he's starting for this many seasons now.

Because we have no one else up to the level required. (Not that I think Carty is up to this level). He wasn't starting when McGinty was here and fit. He hopefully won't be starting when Ronaldson is fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Jonathan Davies' silky smooth hands on show again

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

That was beautiful

Lovely try, and sense prevails.....Patchel kicking now. 7-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

JD makes an utter mess of a simple pass and redeems it with utterly wonderful hands to release Williams for the try.

if connacht had a half competent kicker they could still be going in at half time in the lead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Swan Curry wrote: »
    if connacht had a half competent kicker they could still be going in at half time in the lead

Whoops ;)

That said, your point stands, it's too close a game to be kicking away points...

What a terrible half of rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

That half wasn't good at all from either team but Connacht are in front which is the important thing. I dont care how they do it but Connacht need to win, if they do it will fill them with confidence going into the Edinburgh game.

Treadhead wrote: »
    Whoops ;)

That said, your point stands, it's too close a game to be kicking away points...

haha of course it's on the top of the page and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm gonna say it. Scarlets are total sh!te. They really shouldn't be, but they are. Davies is a class player but even he looks pretty average in that Scarlets jersey. They're the new Cardiff. If Connacht can sort out their discipline (a big ask with Mr Overcompensation in the middle) and tighten up a bit they should win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

That maul that Owen came in from the side was jogging towards the line and Owen made absolutely no attempt to enter correctly I have no idea how he didn't even have a 2nd look at it.

Adeolokun looks so sharp really hope he gets called up for the AIs

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

b.gud wrote: »
    That maul that Owen came in from the side was jogging towards the line and Owen made absolutely no attempt to enter correctly I have no idea how he didn't even have a 2nd look at it.

Eh connacht got a penalty. Should have been a card though

That Owens penalty demanded a conversation from Clancy. It was cynical as feck. But Clancy left it at just the penalty. Having watched Whitehouse have a good game earlier it really highlights how poor Clancy has been this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Oops didn't see there was a match thread. From the main thread:

Sitting in the airport waiting for a delayed flight so can't watch the match...

We seem to be giving away a lot of penalties. Poor discipline, unlucky or both? Thank jaysus none of the Scarlets lads brought their kicking boots...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Eh connacht got a penalty. Should have been a card though

I know I meant 2nd look to see if it was worthy of a card. On first look it seemed card worthy to me but Clancy obviously needs a 2nd look

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I know I meant 2nd look to see if it was worthy of a card. On first look it seemed card worthy to me but Clancy obviously needs a 2nd look

Clancy needs something else, not a 2nd look... ;)

Scarlets get a pen for that...what a surprise!

That was a bit careless by Aki.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

How's that a penalty. They ran into each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

BrokenMan wrote: »

Because Aki was focused on the man for the majority of his run and ran beyond the ball. Left Clancy with no option.

BrokenMan wrote: »

Aki was way ahead of the ball.

When ever in doubt just give the ball back to Scarlets, good man Clancy.

Hodges flags that 8 was tackled without the ball. Conveniently ignores that he was running across the ruck to prevent Connacht players joining it.

Buckley! Great turnover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Clear penalty. He tackled a man who wasn't a part of play. Cool it lads. You may not like how he's reffed the game so far but that doesn't mean every one of his calls needs to be questioned.

Advertisement