Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Hi all,
    Would anyone have a screen shot of the wrigleys chewing gum offer with the expiry date showing. Made my order for collection and had them in the basket showing as 25c each, got confirmation email showing the reduced price when I checked out however they are now €2 on the tesco site. I was sure that the offer was up till 9th March. Cheers, freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Most of them are good offers but maybe not this one :rolleyes:
    I noticed that, I usually scan down to see the high price items.

In this case though the 4 pack of twix/snickers/mars are already pretty much on an undeclared offer at 1.49. I know it drops to that price frequently and that they are not full retail size but its a great price at 3 for 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Would anyone have a screen shot of the wrigleys chewing gum offer with the expiry date showing. Made my order for collection and had them in the basket showing as 25c each, got confirmation email showing the reduced price when I checked out however they are now €2 on the tesco site. I was sure that the offer was up till 9th March. Cheers, freebee23

545795.jpg

The number under the Save €2.10 210309 represents when the offer was due to end 09 March 21.
    but Tesco regularly end offers earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi all,

They charge the price on the day, they won't honour a previous price, even if they've ended an offer early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They removed loads of the 3 for €3 chocolate offers, can't see most of the ones they had up yesterday.
    There were also a load of offers that were different to the online offers (2 for €3 instead of 3 for €3) and a good few offers were missing in shop.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I'd say that was a mistake and should have been the price it is now €2.35 reduced to €2.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

They removed loads of the 3 for €3 chocolate offers, can't see most of the ones they had up yesterday.
    There were also a load of offers that were different to the online offers (2 for €3 instead of 3 for €3) and a good few offers were missing in shop.

They appear to have pulled all of the 3 for €3 offer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

hurikane wrote: »
    They appear to have pulled all of the 3 for €3 offer now.

These are still active
    https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32964850

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I looked at those last night and they weren't available. Good to see them back. :)

the old link still works too, some items are no longer available so maybe that is what they saw. There were 37 listed the other day too, not sure which disappeared.
    rubadub wrote: »
    3 for €3 offers, these were in mine last night though online it says it starts today

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32964850

The battered chicken nuggets have changed packaging and changed recipe too but still are pretty much the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mac 3

Purple cadbury snacks arent in the 3 for 3 anymore.

Looks like most of the chocolate 3 for €3 offers are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Just back from click and collect, I had to run into shop for last few bits and all the 3 for €3 offers that were online are still available in store.

coffeyt wrote: »
    Just back from click and collect, I had to run into shop for last few bits and all the 3 for €3 offers that were online are still available in store.

Including the chocolate?
    Was in Stillorgan yesterday and all the chocolate 3 for 3 were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Including the chocolate?
    Was in Stillorgan yesterday and all the chocolate 3 for 3 were gone.

Plenty left in my local store but it's down the country!

546153.jpg

Trying to cut down on the crisps. Max 1 pack per day

These help
    Tayto Salt & Vinegar 135g not for sharing bag

1 euro
    BB end March

Also Prawn Cocktail flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Some very good offers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

From tomorrow March 24th

Carte Noire Instant Classique 200G

Reduced from €9.99 to €4

Kenco 200G same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Advertisement

547967.png

quite a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

CH3OH wrote: »
    547967.png

quite a good price

it was the non-biodegradable version that they were selling in my local Tesco. I assumed they were trying to get rid of that stock as 160 of the biodegrable bags were €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

The Tesco site is refusing to deduct the offer prices at checkout again, it happened the other week aswell. I think it happens because the 5 for €5 offers somehow mess with the system.

Snow Crash wrote: »
    The Tesco site is refusing to deduct the offer prices at checkout again, it happened the other week aswell. I think it happens because the 5 for €5 offers somehow mess with the system.

The 5 for 5 linked above does not start until tomorrow.

I notice several new ones on the list, cadbury coated oreos, and I don't think hula hoops are there much before.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

rubadub wrote: »
    The 5 for 5 linked above does not start until tomorrow.

I notice several new ones on the list, cadbury coated oreos, and I don't think hula hoops are there much before.
    I know but the online order I'm trying to modify has previously been booked for Monday delivery. It usually knows the dates offers start and end and changes properly at checkout on the site, if I refresh the page at the moment it will jump between the price with/without the offer deducted (€57.90 and €96.90) randomly and when I get through to the final payment section it keeps reverting to €96.90 and I've previously added stuff to orders that had the "offers starting tomorrow" notice and it's been fine but I've only noticed it glitching out since they started the easter egg offers a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Sorry if already been said but Tesco are doing 5 Easter eggs for 5 euro. I picked mine up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Snow Crash wrote: »
    I know but the online order I'm trying to modify has previously been booked for Monday delivery. It usually knows the dates offers start and end and changes properly at checkout on the site, if I refresh the page at the moment it will jump between the price with/without the offer deducted (€57.90 and €96.90) randomly and when I get through to the final payment section it keeps reverting to €96.90 and I've previously added stuff to orders that had the "offers starting tomorrow" notice and it's been fine but I've only noticed it glitching out since they started the easter egg offers a while ago.

I presume you'll be charged the correct price when the items are picked in any case?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

poisonated wrote: »
    Sorry if already been said but Tesco are doing 5 Easter eggs for 5 euro. I picked mine up today.

Went into a Tesco Extra for this today and aside from some Lindor eggs there was nothing but empty shelves. Asked a shop assistant and she doesnt think they'll be getting any more in. Pretty mad they are sold out on the Thursday before Easter Sunday and thats it, they must have underestimated how much chocolate people are eating during lockdown.

Went to Aldi and Lidl too, no easter eggs to be found there either bar 2 small creme eggs ones left on a pallet in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Went into a Tesco Extra for this today and aside from some Lindor eggs there was nothing but empty shelves. Asked a shop assistant and she doesnt think they'll be getting any more in. Pretty mad they are sold out on the Thursday before Easter Sunday and thats it, they must have underestimated how much chocolate people are eating during lockdown.

Went to Aldi and Lidl too, no easter eggs to be found there either bar 2 small creme eggs ones left on a pallet in Aldi.

Yeah I'd the same experience. Lidl advertised little chocolate figurines for today (though I do think they have been in stock for a while) anyway none....drove to next lidl (all within my 5km) none about 20 eggs left in both shops, went into Tesco the lindt bunnies were all that's left, no eggs.

This year has been a strange one...we usually get the lindt "eggs with friends" so you get carrots, sheep, bunny etc in the pack but didn't see any....I saw a small amount of the "hutches" in dunnes but they are gone about two weeks now.

The eggs in Tesco last week were also on their last legs, so obviously no fresh stock came in this week.

Advertisement