Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

5 for €5
    Chocs, Crisps, Jacobs, Miwadi, Pepsi etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

zell12 wrote: »
    5 for €5
    Chocs, Crisps, Jacobs, Miwadi, Pepsi etc

oh no...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Coke, Coke Zero etc....

486905.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Their all great offers. The Mi Wadi offer is fantastic. They had it for Paddy’s weekend as well. 5 bottles reduced from15.95 to a fiver.

Pampers Jumbo plus packs various sizes
    Johnson's Baby Cotton Touch Wipes 12X56 Pieces
    Fairy Non Biological Washing Capsules 55

3 for 25 euro

ps if you had a 10 euro voucher 6 for 40 euro;)

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32684130

• Advertisement

4 AA batteries for 39c

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tesco are doing 2 170G jars of Kenco Millicano coffee for 10 euro. Normally they are 9.98 each.

Duracell Plus AAA 16 pack €4.51
    Picked up in Dundrum
    not a bad price for decent batteries
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260118786

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    Got them two days in a row in the junk mail

Thanks a million for those scans. Been using 2 a week for the last month. Disappointed it's ending today.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

Rob Roberts whole arabica beans 250g (brown bag; strength 5) were listed as half price at e2.62 on shelf label. Scanned at 1.22 per bag. Check your local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mick8

Thanks a million for those scans. Been using 2 a week for the last month. Disappointed it's ending today.

Same here, I have been three times at the self scan till today, most of the the pet food reduced by another 25% so stocked up today, big thanks again for the voucher scan posters:)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've a €16 off €80 voucher for the coming week I won't be using. Will happily post to someone if they want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Quackster wrote: »
    I've a €16 off €80 voucher for the coming week I won't be using. Will happily post to someone if they want it.
    Could you please post me. I will send the address by PM. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are these not tied to your clubcard? i.e. I get them but it says I must present my clubcard. Though I did see others lately which were generic.

I guess you could send a photo/printout of your clubcard barcode if this is the case, so the person scans it first.

rubadub wrote: »
    Are these not tied to your clubcard? i.e. I get them but it says I must present my clubcard. Though I did see others lately which were generic.

I guess you could send a photo/printout of your clubcard barcode if this is the case, so the person scans it first.

A diligent member of staff could check the Clubcard number printed on the voucher and refuse it if it doesn't match the Clubcard you present but that wouldn't really make sense as you can have multiple different Clubcard numbers on the one Clubcard account. I've never had the number printed on a voucher checked anyway in my experience.

In practice, these vouchers work regardless of whether the scanned clubcard has the same number or not (or even if you don't scan a clubcard at all).

mac.in wrote: »
    Could you please post me. I will send the address by PM. Thanks.

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

A diligent member of staff could check the Clubcard number printed on the voucher and refuse it if it doesn't match the Clubcard you present but that wouldn't really make sense as you can have multiple different Clubcard numbers on the one Clubcard account. I've never had the number printed on a voucher checked anyway in my experience...
    Quackster, how does that work? I thought it one Clubcard number was tied to one account.

Do you mean you might have different family members all using one card but tied to a single account/address? If that's the case, what's the advantage of doing that?

leck wrote: »
    Quackster, how does that work? I thought it one Clubcard number was tied to one account.

Do you mean you might have different family members all using one card but tied to a single account/address? If that's the case, what's the advantage of doing that?

Well over the years I've lost innumerable cards and then picked up replacement cards in store with different numbers and tied them to my existing account. So when I log into my Clubcard account online now, there are several different Clubcard numbers listed as being linked to my single account.

No, I wouldn't recommend several family members sharing the one account. You do better with mailings of spend & save vouchers etc if each member of your family has their own account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

My Aunt gave me vouchers before & they flagged up an error on the self scan machines. Had to explain whose they were before the lady on duty would bypass the system for me.

If you just didn't scan your clubcard & got the points put on afterwards at the customer service till you'd be alright. Though perhaps I flagged something as I used one of my own vouchers too! These were the direct money ones now, not 10 off 50 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Though perhaps I flagged something as I used one of my own vouchers too! These were the direct money ones now, not 10 off 50 etc.
    D'you mean her voucher was the points back kind or yours was?
    The money back ones are definitely linked to the account that accrued them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

123654789 wrote: »
    D'you mean her voucher was the points back kind or yours was?
    The money back ones are definitely linked to the account that accrued them.

I guess 'money back' is the best way to describe them. They're the ones that come in 5euro or 2.50 etc. Used them off both my own account & my Aunts so it was probably that which flagged up the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If using someone else's vouchers, don't scan your clubcard. That simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I use the "money back" vouchers to buy Tesco phone credit but need €5 per month to get €15 credit, going through the online Clubcard redemption process. I used to do fine and have my phone covered but lately not getting so much in "money back". Thought of asking my sister for some of hers but if they are tied to her account, then I presume that won't work. I'm guessing I'd have to have her register her card online (doubt she's done that) and get her to get the voucher for phone credit.

She just uses her "money offs" towards groceries, which is a waste as they are only face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folks when was the last Tesco mail out to card holders - can't remember when I got some in the post!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks when was the last Tesco mail out to card holders - can't remember when I got some in the post!

About 10 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

leck wrote: »
    I use the "money back" vouchers to buy Tesco phone credit but need €5 per month to get €15 credit, going through the online Clubcard redemption process. I used to do fine and have my phone covered but lately not getting so much in "money back". Thought of asking my sister for some of hers but if they are tied to her account, then I presume that won't work. I'm guessing I'd have to have her register her card online (doubt she's done that) and get her to get the voucher for phone credit.

She just uses her "money offs" towards groceries, which is a waste as they are only face value.

Hi Leck.
    I use my sister's "money offs" for phone credit also. I usually use hers separate to my own, but occasionally I have to mix them to make up the fiver and never had an issue. When using my sister's vouchers I use her name, address and clubcard number but my own email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

About 10 days ago.

Knew I hadn't received them! Thanks

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Hi Leck.
    I use my sister's "money offs" for phone credit also. I usually use hers separate to my own, but occasionally I have to mix them to make up the fiver and never had an issue. When using my sister's vouchers I use her name, address and clubcard number but my own email address.

I use mine & other family members' for ferry vouchers and regularly mix them in the one order - never an issue.

I use mine & other family members' for ferry vouchers and regularly mix them in the one order - never an issue.
    Does that mean I can sell my clubcard vouchers? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

Seems like many Clubcard Boost partners are leaving scheme? Wonder is a revamp on way, or phasing it out?

Advertisement