Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built my first PC, what games should I play?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The Witcher 3, Spec Ops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Witcher 3 is all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AndyPandy123

Many of there will probably have been mentioned before,

Skyrim
    Oblivion
    WOW
    Any of the Total War
    CS GO(Been really enjoying it lately)
    Or you could always be a badass and download the VBA emulator and bask in the enjoyment of Pokemon Fire Red!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

G2a.com and cdkeys.com are great sites to pick up games on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Definitely Portal 1 & 2, some of the best games ever made imo.

League of legends is free also. Didn't see that mentioned yet.

If you're unsure about a game - don't forget you can almost always hop onto twitch.tv and see if you like the look of the game (assuming it's not free anyway). There's bound to be someone somewhere streaming it.

Overwatch is expensive enough at the minute because it's new, but it's also a game I'd suggest looking into when you have money available. It's a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Personally I'd advise against using key resellers like G2A, you're taking a risk buying from them, and their business practices are as scummy as it gets. Their 'G2A' shield is ridiculous, and catches many buyers unaware until they notice the monthly fees, not to mention being seriously difficult to unsubscribe from: http://imgur.com/gallery/PUwPC

http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-worth-of-our-game-keys

Games get discounted through legit sites so regularly anyway, and you won't run the risk of having keys revoked like you do if you buy from G2A or the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The risk of buying from G2A is constantly over-stated, it's a market and you can choose who you're buying from - I always buy from those with huge feedback, never those with low/no feedback. I've never had a key revoked, none of my friends have either, and I think even here on boards I've only once or twice ever heard of a key being revoked. The risk is miniscule to non-existant realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The risk of buying from G2A is constantly over-stated, it's a market and you can choose who you're buying from - I always buy from those with huge feedback, never those with low/no feedback. I've never had a key revoked, none of my friends have either, and I think even here on boards I've only once or twice ever heard of a key being revoked. The risk is miniscule to non-existant realistically.

Yep, never had 1 bad key in years. You just have to understand G2A is a market and buy from reputable sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The outright fear of possibly not getting a working key is strange, too considering the prices are so low. It's not the end of the world and you can cancel charges with your bank if you never get your key. I had an issue where a key wouldn't activate for 12 hours so I just waited till the next day and it worked. If it hadn't worked within 48hrs and no response from the key selling platform I would've just called my bank and never done business with the seller again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3
    The witcher 3
    Fallout 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Crysis Trilogy

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/crysis/crysis-trilogy/crysis-trilogy

€20 when you use ORIGIN50 during checkout. - Limited time discount btw.

Install mods for Crysis 2. It looks glorious.

just as an FYI all three are included in origin access plus many more
    for €4 a month

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/origin-access

Advertisement