Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh vs Leinster, Fri 16th Sept 2016 19:35, Murrayfield, TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bad missed tackles. Marsh ensuring he's not starting any time soon.

Matched by the conversion effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Edinburgh are dreadful yet Leinster are somehow managing to hand them a chance of victory. Must have been me jinxing the result when I wrought earlier that Edinburgh would hardly come back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Awful weak tackling. Would love to see possession and territory stat for second half. Must be 80-20 on both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Christ Leinster let Edinburgh back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    That's been coming. Part of me thinks the best thing that could happen to us now is to lose this and provide a real kick up the arse.
    Ref is doing his best for you.

• Advertisement

Leinster should have put this to bed a while ago

Ref is appalling for both sides. Completely all over the place at the rucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

This second half has been as frustrating as anything in the last 3 years. Is it just a coincidence that a lot of the good work we see early in the season seems to go to pot when we get our internationals back?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

funny-friends-hilarious-KiaU2EUyxjQB2

molloyjh wrote: »
    This second half has been as frustrating as anything in the last 3 years. Is it just a coincidence that a lot of the good work we see early in the season seems to go to pot when we get our internationals back?

Well there is obviously something seriously wrong with the half time team talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Panic over, job done.

That last Edinburgh try seemed to be the kick up the ass Leinster needed.

Leavy saves face for us with that try.

Leavy secures MOTM unless the local broadcaster wants to have a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That's fair. Edinburgh don't deserve a point for that first half performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Yikes, did Leavy drop that just before grounding?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

It's a little annoying how easy it was to score there. I mean what was with all the arsing around for the last 39 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The polar opposite to last week. Happy with the result, disappointed with the performance.

Loving this live Friday night rugby - night in and toasty fire!

The big positive is Leinster are actually good to watch for the first time since MOC took over, and Leavy looks like the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah looked good in the first half but it dropped off a lot. Another back row deserving a spot in the 23 regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Put the wife and kids on it

Thank you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

mansize wrote: »
    Loving this live Friday night rugby - night in and toasty fire!

The military tattoo on now, what more could you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Great first half by Leinster.
    Amazing how 35 minutes of the second half were spent defending, but defended very well in the main.

With 30 minutes gone I thought that the ref was doing a good job. So much so that I said it out loud to my fellow bar-fly!
    But lord gawd...
    @31 minutes penalty against Ringrose AFTER going to the TMO where it was clear that Ringrose had, in fact, successfully blocked a kick with one hand.
    One minute later, Nacewa awarded a penalty for a shoulder block (that wasn't imo)
    This was followed by the ref warning both sides that they are both guilty of excessive foul play and next foul play from either side will result in yellow cards. (Inevitably both sides get yellow carded within the next 10-12 minutes of play)

@42 minutes ball gots blatantly knocked on by Edinburgh under touch judges nose...not called.

Good result and fair result but the refereeing standard was quite low.

For Leinster; I'm not sure there was any player who performed poorly. Heaslip, JGP, Kearney, Carbery, Mccarthy, Cronin all caught my eye. Of the subs; Furlong, VDF, Mcgrath all did well.

Ok the opposition wasn't the best they'll encounter this season, but a good outing despite the calamity refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Was out at an auld birthday dinner and had to miss this. Judging by the score we were absolutely class and nothing went wrong. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Was Carbery good again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Was Carbery good again?

Overall, yes. Fell off a few tackles though, so he's not the complete package yet.

Did Leavy get MOTM?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

vienne86 wrote: »
    Did Leavy get MOTM?

No, one of the Burgh lads got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Was Carbery good again?

He was and some of the young lads coming along nicely. Leavy was very good as was Ringrose and Moloney impresses. JGP a good addition also.
    Byrne really needs to sort out his throwing, last night unacceptable from a pro.

Advertisement