Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxi soiling charge ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,886 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's very easy to take advantage of a drunk... The op stated that he got sick in the outside of the taxi... I am taking him at his word as we have no evidence otherwise. Would you be pleased to pay out 140+ in this situation. Someone puking in your taxi is not a windfall for the driver. A friend of mine got sick in herself in a taxi one night and was charged for a tiny bit on a leather seat that could have been wiped with a baby wipe.

There's a great movie called the Wolf of wall Street. There's a scene in it where the main character is off his head on drugs & drink and drove home. He believed he drove home super careful & safely. A later scene shows the actual journey home and the car is a right off.
    It's not that I don't believe that op believes that there was no vomit in the car. My point is if he was drunk I wouldn't trust his memory or judgment of the night. This is why we aren't allowed to drink and drive. Our judgement is impaired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

people pissing and getting sick in taxis deserve no sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    people pissing and getting sick in taxis deserve no sympathy.
    And that applies to this thread how?...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

TheChizler wrote: »
    The op got sick in a taxi, what's with the silly question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

It applies to this thread because the OP was irresponsible enough to to drink beyond their limit and vomit out the window of a taxi whilst stationary and also while moving! And then wants to have a whine on the internet about being called out on their behaviour. The costs are very clearly regulated and they have been charged their fare in addition to the maximum charge for soilage.

• Advertisement

Op did the taxi man call for the €40?

Homer wrote: »
    It applies to this thread because the OP was irresponsible enough to to drink beyond their limit and vomit out the window of a taxi whilst stationary and also while moving! And then wants to have a whine on the internet about being called out on their behaviour. The costs are very clearly regulated and they have been charged their fare in addition to the maximum charge for soilage.
    If you read it correctly he was over charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sam Kade wrote: »
    TheChizler wrote: »
    The op got sick in a taxi, what's with the silly question?
    Outside the taxi with no soilage on the inside, and I would have sympathy for somebody taken advantage for the maximum possible charge when a hose at a petrol station would likely have sorted it out. That's taking the OP at their word and I have no good reason to doubt them.

If you read it correctly he was over charged.

No, I read t perfectly well thanks.. the OP was charged the fare as on the meter (€20) and €140 soilage with a "threat" of a further charge of €40 which they are not obligated to pay.. So, no in fact they weren't overcharged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Was there not a notice in the taxi, generally over the glovebox, advising of how fares are calculated? This also stipulates potential penalties such as Soiling charges. The driver should have brought your attention to that...

• Advertisement

No, I read t perfectly well thanks.. the OP was charged the fare as on the meter (€20) and €140 soilage with a "threat" of a further charge of €40 which they are not obligated to pay.. So, no in fact they weren't overcharged.

The taxi driver is demanding €200 which is over charging ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I've seen doors that needed to be taken apart because some upstanding citizen decided to puke out the window instead of in the cars, either because the streaks on the windows from the vomit have to be cleaned at source or whatever crap they were drinking messed up the electrics. If you feel sick, ask the driver to pull over somewhere and get out, puking out the window can incur just as much cost on the driver as puking on the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I agree with most of the sensible advice here op.

But one thing I would strongly advise not ever puking out a window for two reasons.
    1. You could easily get vomit into the window slot, which would lead to having to strip the panel to clean, depending on make of car that could mean a trip to a mechanic which equals more cost.

2. If you get vomit on the paintwork of the door it can do serious damage to it.

A friend of mine is a mechanic and has a garage near a student area, he was saying before that he gets alot of cars that need either a panel resprayed due to vomit striping paint, or when the feckers kick off the mirrors.

The taxi driver is demanding €200 which is over charging ;)

only if they actually pay it ;) difference between asking for something and getting it :rolleyes:

only if they actually pay it ;) difference between asking for something and getting it :rolleyes:

Yeah, whenever you're buying anything you can pay whatever you think is a fair price and forget about the actual price, silly argument.

Advertisement