Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs Ospreys, Sept 10th 7.35 pm on TG4 and S4C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can somebody sort out that bloody car alarm?

People around me sushing the alarm was the most embarrassed I've been in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The big talking point from the Welsh feed - is that presenter wearing no socks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

We're still playing like a team in pre-season. Jack kicking the ball away a few times. At least we're still in it but now against the wind, Ospreys will kick it back over us second half.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Was there a ruck formed there though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

crazy yellow card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

flogthebog wrote: »
    crazy yellow card

Connacht must capitalise.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Connacht must capitalise.

They are off the boil badly. So many awful errors and execution.

Adbrowne wrote: »
    They are off the boil badly. So many awful errors and execution.

......and with that, Try Connacht!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

......and with that, Try Connacht!

Great try too but then let ospreys make too much headway immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Why doesn't the TMO get involved to correct a clearly wrong decision like that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

jack could not direct traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That missed conv could be important
    8 mins for connacht to get 2 points from this game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

flogthebog wrote: »
    jack coild not direct traffic

Jack's been of the pitch for the last 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Brilliant support line from Webb.

Great try, ospreys will be a force this season

Feck it
    0 points from 2 home games. Who would have thought that 2 weeks ago.

At least it's Zebre next time

This is a rout now. Connacht just not organised. And are guys not fit?

Zebre away couldn't come at a better time for Connacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Feck it

Ah zebre will be licking their lips

-57 points difference after 2 games.

Only Zebre are worse but they have a losing bonus point

• Advertisement

Feck it

Two tough fixtures to start the season though.

Perhaps not being in Europe has given Ospreys a kick up the arse. They grossly underachieved last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Connacht rock bottom of the table after 2 home games. Ospreys cut them open in last 15 minutes. Some serious heart searching to be done. Ospreys look seriously impressive and Rhys Webb is a class apart.

I think it's more the scorelines than the results that are most shocking.
    I truly think Connacht will come away from Italy with 5 points, but it's still a bad start all round.

Shipping 73 points and scoring just 16 is pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Finley B stuck out like a sore finger...... A passenger in the game. Bundi I think is missing his right hand man......brilliant player but like a lot of the team was absent for the roll call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Jack was hot and cold again. Some great kicking from hand and then just brainless kicks. O'Leary looked great when he came on which gives me hope for the future. I think Jack needs to start against Zebre for consistency with the team. I don't think anybody was terrible but they are not playing like a team yet. Much better than last week but still a long way to go. Is it me or is there a lack of leadership on the field. Nobody seems to be shouting to organise defence or attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Connacht won't be getting top 6 this season I'm afraid, it saddens me to say this but they look as if there confidence has been sucked completely out of them. Also, Osperys won't be a force this year not a chance, especially after tonight and dont start crowning them as an excuse for Connacht going off the boil numerous times tonight, Ospreys where 50/50 for most of tonight until the effects of Connacht's lack of a pre season kicked in and then it was a cake walk. The likes of Ulster,Leinster,Glasgow will beat them I'm sure if they where to play next week, Cardiff imo are easily the best Welsh side and would beat them aswell, even Munster would beat them. Weren't great yesterday but would have the game plan to do it with there dominant pack. Top 6 this season looks pretty clear cut and it will come down to who has the deepest squad in the long run which I think is Glasgow,Ulster,Leinster,Munster. This is the issue that always handicaps Welsh teams in the pro12 (e.g Scarlets last year).

duskyjoe wrote: »
    Finley B stuck out like a sore finger...... A passenger in the game. Bundi I think is missing his right hand man......brilliant player but like a lot of the team was absent for the roll call.

Aki a marked man. Webb grabbing him at the base of the 5m scrum in first half not letting him get moving. Teams will trawl thru every minute of footage from last season to see how to nullify connacht.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht won't be getting top 6 this season I'm afraid, it saddens me to say this but they look as if there confidence has been sucked completely out of them. Also, Osperys won't be a force this year not a chance, especially after tonight and dont start crowning them as an excuse for Connacht going off the boil numerous times tonight, Ospreys where 50/50 for most of tonight until the effects of Connacht's lack of a pre season kicked in and then it was a cake walk. The likes of Ulster,Leinster,Glasgow will beat them I'm sure if they where to play next week, Cardiff imo are easily the best Welsh side and would beat them aswell, even Munster would beat them. Weren't great yesterday but would have the game plan to do it with there dominant pack. Top 6 this season looks pretty clear cut and it will come down to who has the deepest squad in the long run which I think is Glasgow,Ulster,Leinster,Munster. This is the issue that always handicaps Welsh teams in the pro12 (e.g Scarlets last year).

Long long way to go yet. Don't think anything is clear cut after two games.

Dismal start from Connacht though to ship 73 points in two home games. Last season hangover and Injuries or not that is an awful way to start the season but plenty of twists and turns to come yet.

Advertisement