Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Via LCD Monitor ....?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Your PS2 is toast. The laser in them is held together by the sheer optimism of the Sony engineers .....

:( Oh. That's a bit grim! Okay. Going on what else ye've said then? I'll try cleaning / fixing my 2. Because I'm born of an age when people Tried.

Failing that? I'll give this great lump of a CRT TV back to the second hand shop and shall buy the Bush baby I eluded to above :)

Believe me; When I saw this game on a proper screen ~ on the tube? It was like I'd been playing it with my eyes scrunched up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stigura wrote: »
    :( Oh. That's a bit grim! Okay. Going on what else ye've said then? I'll try cleaning / fixing my 2. Because I'm born of an age when people Tried.

Trust me, I've tried as well. It was such a big problem that the US government won a class law suit against Sony because of it. You can mess around with adjusting the laser pot but it's a huge amount of fiddly work and it's only a temporary fix, the laser will be gone again in less than a month. If you really want to fix it you could buy a replacement laser drive but a new PS2 is probably the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

:( God, that's a bummer! And, granted, I Hate fiddly work. Haven't got the eyes or hands for it, these days. Just watched a video and figured I could manage it, if I took deep breaths. Sounds like it'd only lead to further heart ache though.

Okay; Next idea! (And, feel free to tell me, and I'll scrap this post and open a fresh thread for it) I see they used to do these 2 memory card to 3 drive things?

People said they worked. But, now? They're practically off the market. Unless I'd shell out €50.00+ for one. From USA. I have one, 8MB 2 card. Half a dozen things on it.

What's the chances of anyone having a converter box I could hire? Just to save this one card ~ and my entire life on PS2 ~ to this thing I have now?

Advertisement