Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Jayop wrote: »
    http://boardwolf.boards.net/user/2

You can't see in recent threads/posts?

Actually i can see she has made 2 posts under the latest summery but i cant see these posts, the number alone could be used easily enough if that could be hidden it would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

andy125 wrote: »
    Actually i can see she has made 2 posts under the latest summery but i cant see these posts, the number alone could be used easily enough if that could be hidden it would be good

Yep, looking at that now. There's a way to do it but it's a little outside my paygrade.

There's an easier thing that you can set a forum in such a way that posts in that forum are not added to the post count.

Andy, can you check MrsFD's post count again?

Andy, can you check MrsFD's post count again?

4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

andy125 wrote: »
    4 now

What now?

• Advertisement

What now?

I'll work on it as soon as I get a chance.

I'll work on it as soon as I get a chance.

I dont think we can hide post count. Just online status. Dont stress too much over that part

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Just on the voting thing, The reason it is played out on thread is so that people can see while posting who has voted, what time and when they change. As you seen there were questions of why XXX? etc and as the night came to a close people panicked and jumped about. Not sure, but I think it may be harder to keep visible with a poll?

On Tiggs. Yes he got 3 out of 3, but he actually got 6/6 as he only invited villagers to his room. That is pretty awesome statistics.

But what was found, was anyone could put the quicktopics into google, and add werewolf or take stabs at the room name and rooms come up. I think that is what made it suss.

Here is a quick room I googled. So apologise to Tigger for suspecting him, but in the grand scale of things you can't blame anyone as there were extra ip addresses in the wolf room and the google thing. I admit I was worried when it was pointed out and that is why I googled.

I would also recommend any WW mods in future make obscure names for their rooms as it is too risky now we know you can google

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/jagNMSufZccCB

Just on this point Flush, the threads aren't crawled by a search engine (and therefore aren't publically googleable) until the link is shared publically. You can google all you want for the wolf thread and dead room from here but as long as the links haven't been posted publically (and I don't think they have) you won't be able to find them. When the unique IP issue came up (I think it was in day 2?) I did my damndest to find the wolf forum and I couldn't. A few other IT needs tried to crack it and couldn't either. As far as I'm concerned, unless a link is shared Quicktopic is pretty secure. Not saying we have to stick with it but the thread you linked is from January so would have been crawled long ago.

Just on this point Flush, the threads aren't crawled by a search engine (and therefore aren't publically googleable) until the link is shared publically. You can google all you want for the wolf thread and dead room from here but as long as the links haven't been posted publically (and I don't think they have) you won't be able to find them. When the unique IP issue came up (I think it was in day 2?) I did my damndest to find the wolf forum and I couldn't. A few other IT needs tried to crack it and couldn't either. As far as I'm concerned, unless a link is shared Quicktopic is pretty secure. Not saying we have to stick with it but the thread you linked is from January so would have been crawled long ago.

I just picked that at random to show that quicktopics came up. Hopefully it wont show but now we have Jayop sorting the other place it wont be an issue.

I had someone look for the wolf forum days ago anyway and don't think it was accessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

tritium wrote: »
    Just a thought but i think quite a few players (myself included) noted they were drained after that one. Would a break of a few weeks be sensible?........

Don't know what you are talking about. I've played in both and feel fresh as a daisy. Could go again tomorrow.

I just picked that at random to show that quicktopics came up. Hopefully it wont show but now we have Jayop sorting the other place it wont be an issue.

I had someone look for the wolf forum days ago anyway and don't think it was accessed.
    Yeah, I know it was an example but I just wanted to point out that it's unlikely that someone got there with googling. It's just not how search engines function! I know Jayop is setting up something now, I fully intend to set up an account there to help testing. I just think Quicktopic is pretty secure and wanted to clarify that. Now, in saying that it is an absolute pain in the ar$e to read so I fully support moving away from there. :pac:
    Don't know what you are talking about. I've played in both and feel fresh as a daisy. Could go again tomorrow.

Next time try playing for more than 24 hours! ;)

yeah my only issue with QT is the layout and the hassle reading. Apart from that it's a nifty service.

yeah my only issue with QT is the layout and the hassle reading. Apart from that it's a nifty service.

The readability is atrocious to be fair. Every so often the "Read all" option disappeared making read back through the thread really difficult. I've signed up a test account on your test one Jayo, I love that we can use gifs as avatars. That won't induce fits or rages at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah lads, are you telling me I've been wasting my time setting this up on my web host? :eek:

Honestly, I look away for five minutes hours...

Next time try playing for more than 24 hours minutes! ;)

FTFY.

Ah lads, are you telling me I've been wasting my time setting this up on my web host? :eek:

Honestly, I look away for five minutes hours...

If that's hosted on your own web host then I'd rather go with that than a proboards one.

What do people think?

This is kinda funny tbf.

I can see one problem with this: I won't be able to play!

If that's hosted on your own web host then I'd rather go with that than a proboards one.

What do people think?

yea i happy to got with maxs one, more secure and stable than proboards i would say

• Advertisement

I can see one problem with this: I won't be able to play!

Why's that?

Do what I was going to do with the Proboards, create an admin account, pass the log in details of that account to the mod of the upcoming game, allow them to change the password locking you out of the account and then they can set up the forums and permissions from there.

It would be pretty easy to put up a "how to" section in the mod forum and go from there. Once the game is over the Admin password would be passed back to you and you can change it again.

Why's that?

Do what I was going to do with the Proboards, create an admin account, pass the log in details of that account to the mod of the upcoming game, allow them to change the password locking you out of the account and then they can set up the forums and permissions from there.

It would be pretty easy to put up a "how to" section in the mod forum and go from there. Once the game is over the Admin password would be passed back to you and you can change it again.

was just about to post this :D

We should really have a discussion thread and not be clogging up the game thread with this stuff.

Aye, I could make other people moderators / admins as required, but there's no way of locking me out of accessing to the back end including the database since it's on my web server. It'd be asking a lot for people to just trust that I won't cheat.

Yeah that's true.

Look, this is a game where honesty and trust is needed. People need to be able to trust that others won't cheat and just get on with the game.

I agree that a discussion thread would be better but I'd feel bad about adding another thread to Tabletop & Board gaming! :(
    I've also added a test account on your system Max for permissions testing.

Discussion thread Here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Suffering Golfer, did you actually contact Tom Dunne re the forum request or did you jut set up the thread?

Eh, that was Andy, not me who set up the request. I didnt talk to Tom outside the PMs you were copied on.

I'm late in the day coming in but congrats to those wiley wolves and a game well played :)

Fair play to the rest of you and the mods. It was complicated at times!

• Advertisement

There is an update on our request. Golfer, you need to vote as you as the ww account is too new

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement