Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

It's been copied to the comments on their FB page a couple of times. There are a serious number of uncomplimentary posts on there right now. Strangely enough, management at nova don't seem to be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cant see that letter having any effect on the Hayes Rollercoaster to doom tbh....probably laughed at it, its yet another ego boost for him thinking he has that sort of power.....he wouldnt know even know who Blackbird and Crow are nor care FFS....:rolleyes:

Maybe i'll stop using the services advertised on nova.....Noyeks for starters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I wonder has John Clarke "read the signs" and is ready to depart on his own terms before Hayes & Co. tells him to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I wonder has John Clarke "read the signs" and is ready to depart on his own terms before Hayes & Co. tells him to?

Hope he stays. Petition is above your comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I would have thought a "Get Hayes off nova" one would have been better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,785 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just a "get rid of colm and lucy" one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I don't think all the petitions in the world are gonna work unfortunately - Hayes wants to 2FM-ise Nova and nothing will stop him.

So let's let him.
    How does one go about setting up a new FM station? We could call it Newva

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    So let's let him.
    How does one go about setting up a new FM station? We could call it Newva

..or " Not Nova"........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Or 8Radio

Nova were awarded a 10 year rock station licence in 2010,if I remember correctly! So are these changes implemented by Hayes,part of the application renewal process for 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Trebor176

If it was the case, it would be 2fm all over again. He told it how it was upon signing off his final show on the station, and fair play to him.

If he decides to jump, rather than be pushed, I'm sure he won't hold back either. I'm sure he would make his feelings about Hayes known in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Trebor176

• Registered Users Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Colm Hayes should pull himself off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

"I would say we're a more sophisticated and mature choice"

Yeah maybe he should listen back to all the childish sexual innuendo and ****e he goes on with before calling himself mature. I'd say he's absolutely in love with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

so there we are, he is offically trying to compete with 2FM, by making the station into a carbon copy.
    He said: “You have to set yourself some sort of target, Nova’s a niche radio station, but I think it can be much more relevant especially in the Dublin area, than it is and that’s why they brought me over with that vision, that’s why they brought Lucy over.

“We believe we can fight against the other stations, so I suppose if I set my target to something like 2FM in the local market certainly Q102, but it’s really difficult but I believe we can do it.

Does he even know what mature means? That C&L show is pure juvenile tripe, he must be aiming to get those 15 year olds he mentions to listen to Nova instead.
    I suppose coming in from 2FM and the second book we got was such a successful book and I said 'Yeah that’s it, we’ve beaten 2FM in Dublin city' and Dan reacted to it, saying well you’re not this type of station and you’re not going after our listeners.

“But they have really young listeners, the whole point of 2FM now is they are going after 15 year olds, I would say we’re a more sophisticated and mature choice.”

Quote:
    I suppose coming in from 2FM and the second book we got was such a successful book and I said 'Yeah that’s it, we’ve beaten 2FM in Dublin city' and Dan reacted to it, saying well you’re not this type of station and you’re not going after our listeners.

“But they have really young listeners, the whole point of 2FM now is they are going after 15 year olds, I would say we’re a more sophisticated and mature choice.”

Funny that....thats exactly the way i thought of him............:P

Absolutely no point targeting that demographic, they don't listen to FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

As if that breakfast show isn't BAD enough 5 days a week, just turned onto realise they do what passes for a "Best of" on a Saturday morning (like FM104??). This coupled with the loss of Pat James, the general daytime music going to hell, it's back to the iPod and whatever decent Rock stations I can find on the web. Thank you again Colm Hayes for dragging Nova down to everyone else's level :mad::mad::mad::mad:

As if that breakfast show isn't BAD enough 5 days a week, just turned onto realise they do what passes for a "Best of" on a Saturday morning (like FM104??). This coupled with the loss of Pat James, the general daytime music going to hell, it's back to the iPod and whatever decent Rock stations I can find on the web. Thank you again Colm Hayes for dragging Nova down to everyone else's level :mad::mad::mad::mad:

In fairness, they were doing a Saturday "Best Of" back when Dee and Marty were doing the breakfast show. But that's no excuse for subjecting us to the latest crap all over again.

FanadMan wrote: »
    In fairness, they were doing a Saturday "Best Of" back when Dee and Marty were doing the breakfast show. But that's no excuse for subjecting us to the latest crap all over again.

It just an xcuse for Hayes to be on an extra day and hoping that some poor sod who avoided the crap might tune in by mistake and boost the listenership......these "Best of.." programmes are a joke..not just nova..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

It just an xcuse for Hayes to be on an extra day and hoping that some poor sod who avoided the crap might tune in by mistake and boost the listenership......these "Best of.." programmes are a joke..not just nova..

Seems to be done on radio stations around the world too..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭prunudo

Seems to be done on radio stations around the world too..

Its lazy radio programming, a way to keep costs down and not have to worry about another dj on the payroll.

jvan wrote: »
    Its Hayesy radio programming, a way to keep costs down and not have to worry about another dj on the payroll.

Fixed that there for ya....ur welcome..:)

John Clarke singing the praises of Pat James there with subtle digs at the way radio is going. Well said Clarkie!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

zorro2566 wrote: »
    John Clarke singing the praises of Pat James there with subtle digs at the way radio is going. Well said Clarkie!

Yeah, I heard that, real nice. Then played The Last DJ, the lyrics really sum up where Nova are going.

Well you can't turn him into a company man
    You can't turn him into a whore
    And the boys upstairs just don't understand anymore
    Well the top brass don't like him talking so much,
    And he won't play what they say to play
    And he don't want to change what don't need to change

It was a lovely dedication to him but think the digs were a bit too subtle for the upstairs to understand......anyone that thinks that Colm & Lucy are a good match for the breakfast show are, well, a bit thick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭prunudo

I think he had a similar pop at management before, think it was on 2fm though when Will Leahy was getting axed.

Advertisement