Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small Auto Options ?

Options
  • 31-08-2016 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Morning All

My daughter currently drives an 08 Fiesta Steel auto - last of the old model - auto might be clunky but it' looks good and has served her well. Anyway - looking to change in advance of the 10yo annual NCT drama. Needs to be similar size or a little bigger - but any smaller wouldn't work. Typically she's smitten with the Juke/Kaptur look !!. Only short-run town driving really.

Any thoughts on what we should be considering auto-wise ?.

Many thanks,
    K

PS. We've had the "why don't you do another driving test for manuals" discussion...but that's another matter !.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

I'd give this thread a read, as well as this one and this one.

I know nothing about this little SUVs except that they're pretty much the same as their manufacturers small city car (in the case of the renault for exemple, it's a clio underneath) but bigger on the outside (usually smaller on the inside though) more expensive to buy and run and less comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

If it's the high driving position she's after, a cheap alternative that would last forever would be the suzuki jimny, not comfy but practical, a bit different and will not break the bank.

Advertisement