Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This years results into next year's grading system

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Barry Kelliher

Can someone tell me that if you get a H8 next year will it be considered a pass by the CAO or will it be fail?????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Can someone tell me that if you get a H8 next year will it be considered a pass by the CAO or will it be fail?????

A fail. H8 is 0-29%. If it was to be considered a pass then everyone would just turn up and sit the higher level, write their name and walk out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Barry Kelliher

sorry i meant to say a H7 30-39%

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A H7 is not a pass, but it will carry some points.

However, where a course has a minimum requirement for, say, 2 Honours grades and 4 passes, a H7 will not count.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DeiseMan4

Change is not pointless whatsoever. Needed change badly. Stops random selection for courses and benefits those on the lower end of the points spectrum. The points will adjust accordingly, people will still stray to the same courses that they would have applied to regardless of the new system

• Advertisement
Advertisement