Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Anybody want Trump to win, simply to beat the haters, the biased tv show hosts in America trying to ruin his campaign, the biased news stations all against him! Say what you like about him, the guy tells it like it is according to him.. he doesn't sugarcoat. Much of what he says too, is true and right, but too many people are on a bandwagon against him, not willing to agree, just to conform with others. Hilary Clinton is corrupt... yet the media let's her have a pass on that .. the email scandals for one thing.. Fox news has trumps side, but not sure if any others do . Way too many people on the bandwagon.. Trump says a lot of things that are correct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Anybody want Trump to win, simply to beat the haters, the biased tv show hosts in America trying to ruin his campaign, the biased news stations all against him! Say what you like about him, the guy tells it like it is according to him.. he doesn't sugarcoat. Much of what he says too, is true and right, but too many people are on a bandwagon against him, not willing to agree, just to conform with others. Hilary Clinton is corrupt... yet the media let's her have a pass on that .. the email scandals for one thing.. Fox news has trumps side, but not sure if any others do . Way too many people on the bandwagon.. Trump says a lot of things that are correct
    Lots of assertions there about Trump's truthfulness. Care to back them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Anybody want Trump to win, simply to beat the haters,
    No, and using "haters" makes it sound like we're discussing a popularity contest rather than an election with serious consequences.
    the biased tv show hosts in America trying to ruin his campaign, the biased news stations all against him!
    It's not 'bias', the man is in no way qualified to be president of one of the most powerful countries in the world.
    Say what you like about him, the guy tells it like it is according to him.. he doesn't sugarcoat. Much of what he says too, is true and right, but too many people are on a bandwagon against him, not willing to agree, just to conform with others.

Telling it like it is according to how one sees it is not an inherently positive quality. I could be of the opinion that we need to wipe off the French off the face of the earth. Would me telling people that be a good thing? Or would it just result in me being branded as a lunatic? (Spoiler: It's the latter).
    Hilary Clinton is corrupt... yet the media let's her have a pass on that .. the email scandals for one thing.. Fox news has trumps side, but not sure if any others do . Way too many people on the bandwagon.. Trump says a lot of things that are correct

If the media let her have a pass on that then how come I've been hearing about her corruption every fecking day (without anything to back it up other than "but the emails").

In short, I'm not a fan of either candidate, but to suggest people should support Trump because of some hypothetical agenda and "but emails" doesn't seem like a great option.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I can think of better criteria for choosing a President than their ability to annoy people you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Lots of assertions there about Trump's truthfulness. Care to back them up?

How does 70% of his statements being at least mostly false sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Every day as I watch reports from the 'so-called' journalists I notice the mainstream media doesn't even pretend to hide their hatred and bias against Trump, anymore.

The most accurate description of our biased mainstream as it relates to Donald Trump, IMO:

http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/american-journalism-is-collapsing-before-our-eyes/

R.I.P. US journalistic integrity. Born 1776. Died 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Amerika wrote: »
    Every day as I watch reports from the 'so-called' journalists I notice the mainstream media doesn't even pretend to hide their hatred and bias against Trump, anymore.

The most accurate description of our biased mainstream as it relates to Donald Trump, IMO:

What so the media isn't allowed straight talk. Has the poor special snowflake Donald Trumps feelings been hurt? Whats up with Donal Trumps supporters demands for PC for Donald Trump. Does he and his supporters need a safe space some where?

Donald Trump and his supporters don't like it, when people respond in kind and he is whining and moaning like a small child. Its a sight to behold, to see a man who has engaged in such naked racist xenophobia, lie through his teeth, and flip flop like the politicians he complains about, seemingly unable to handle just a small taste of the pure vitriol and utter hatred, that he has directed against various minorities, Women and media.

FFS, Trumps and his supported don't have a leg to stand on, what with Breitbart making common cause with him. The standard of Breitbart, are far far lower then anything that the so called mainstream media have leveled at Donald Trump. The so called mainstream media, still maintain the high ground over, the likes of Alt-right hate and harassment factory like Breitbart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

wes wrote: »
    The so called mainstream media, still maintain the high ground over, the likes of Alt-right hate and harassment factory like Breitbart.

Hillary's new catch phrase... 'Alt-Right.' Apparently crazy is contagious in this presidential elections. Something in the Washington, DC water, perhaps.

'Alt-right?' Welcome to the crazy, conspiratorial, and paranoid world of Hillary Clinton. Some new invention of hers, or the 'vast right-wing media conspiracy' redux-remix? Take your pick. I was waiting for when I’d see the new Clinton Talking Points appear here. The mainstream media has already gotten on board... I guess they got their marching orders early.

'ALT-RIGHT'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Trump is a by product of Fox News and right wing shock jocks on talk radio, he owned his own unsuccessful media station after all. Basically he is your typical caller into these sources. He was what they always dreamed of until it came true, witness talk radio hosts trying to talk him down of the ledge recently and him sticking to his guns.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hillary's new catch phrase... 'Alt-Right.' Apparently crazy is contagious in this presidential elections. Something in the Washington, DC water, perhaps.

'Alt-right?' Welcome to the crazy, conspiratorial, and paranoid world of Hillary Clinton. Some new invention of hers, or the 'vast right-wing media conspiracy' redux-remix? Take your pick. I was waiting for when I’d see the new Clinton Talking Points appear here. The mainstream media has already gotten on board... I guess they got their marching orders early.

The "alt-right" isn't some buzzword cooked up by Clinton and her campaign, its origin can be traced back to a right-wing philosopher Paul Gottfried calling for an "alternative right" movement in the wake of Obama's 2008 victory. This BBC article gives a decent explanation as to who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

'Alt-right?' Welcome to the crazy, conspiratorial, and paranoid world of Hillary Clinton. Some new invention of hers, or the 'vast right-wing media conspiracy' redux-remix?

You should take a look at breitbart.com, you'd probably enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wait you actually think Hillary invented the term? Your joking right :D..........
    The alt-right were being talked about before Hillary brought them up, FFS. Also, you seem to think she is controlling the media, and yet you actually accuse her of engaging in conspiracy :D.

Your post, its pure fantasy and nothing more. Really astonishing that you expect anyone to take your claims seriously.

Read the BBC link provided by PopePalpatine, it will show that the term existed long before Hillary brought it up, and they have recently been in the news, after the racist/misogynist campaign against actress Leslie Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

InTheTrees wrote: »
    You should take a look at breitbart.com, you'd probably enjoy it.

I already seen panic in The New York Times about their arrival
    Breitbart News has arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I already seen panic in The New York Times about their arrival
    Breitbart News has arrived

Panic? More like stunned incredulity.

It seemed for a few days that trump was softening. But then he picks Bannon as his campaign head. Amazing.

Its like he really doesnt want to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You know as well as I do that the facts are biased against Trump too. It's not as if we haven't been told that multiple times by Trump fans during this cycle.

The fact is that Trump fans get upset when the media repeat what Trump says, rather than doing like Trump fans and pretending he didn't say certain things that he did say, when it suits.

This is a classic example, he calls it "the most accurate description of our biased mainstream as it relates to Donald Trump" despite it being in the NY Post who have literally come out and openly endorsed Trump as their preferred candidate.

ny-post-cover-678x381.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Load of me arse!

What the media should have done is question trump on his nonsense.

Not just let him spout random stuff freely.

'We're gonna build a wall and Mexico's gonna pay'

'How?'

'We'll make them'

'But how?'

'They won't have a choice. We're also going to restore jo....'

'Sorry, sorry to interrupt. You never answered and were changing the subject. Can you explain how please?'

For someone who talks such rubbish and so many inaccuracies, he's had a total free ride. Media should be ashamed of themselves.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Besides, it was Trump asking Russia to hack the US government for him - it seems he & Vlad have more of an equal-footing friendship than anything.
    Do you believe that Russians wouldn't do it without his request like NSA does all the time?
    If she exposed state secrets that anybody can steal it, why it is Russian fault?

Do you believe that Russians wouldn't do it without his request like NSA does all the time?
    If she exposed state secrets that anybody can steal it, why it is Russian fault?
    I don't think anybody's blaming Russia primarily. It's the US citizen asking them to that may be the issue.

You clearly don't know what I was referring to, sad.

At least we openly know Trump's doctor's report was falsified.

• Advertisement

This is fun
    Fe week ago a New York Times columnist Farhad Manjoo asked google to fix searches about Hillary health
    There's the NYT and their writers at it again, conspiring against Trump. Tut tut.

Here's the truth of the matter - how much to the left or right these publications are. Top left is for news articles, top right for opinion articles, bottom half for how each one presents each party. It's from 538, who have nailed the last two elections.

F1.large.jpg

NYT are about as far to the left as NBC are to the right. Now imagine Daily KOS was running Clinton's campaign, because that's whats happening with the Trumpbart campaign. Strangely, not many links to Daily KOS come up on boards that I'm aware of.

I don't think anybody's blaming Russia primarily. It's the US citizen asking them to that may be the issue.
    Rump is a real patriot and by his statement he was going to extract which classified information Russians know, because it is difficult to estimate damage after Clinton erased 15,000 emails, which might contain classified information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Trump is the man of the people. He calls it like it is. Takes no guff from the powerful & influential. He earned his own lifestyle so all the others are jealous and envious of him. Trump would make a great President.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Amerika wrote:

Amerika wrote:

Amerika wrote:

I hear what you are saying but the press did pander to him at the start. He was a bit of light entertainment. He starts winning. The racism & bigotry start. The lies, asking Russian hackers to hack government computers (treason I believe), suggesting that the nra might like to sort Clinton out if she wins (incitement to kill?).
    I can understand how the media might be biased. This guy could have his sweaty fingers on the button.

Can't see Clinton lasting the term of 4 years I think she is a sick woman.
    Exact same could be said for Trump, who is older, a man (shorter life expectancy), and was unable to serve in Vietnam due to his poor health.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Billy86 wrote: »
    Exact same could be said for Trump, who is older, a man (shorter life expectancy), and was unable to serve in Vietnam due to his poor health.

Can't see the Donald making it whereas Clinton will and when she does I think she won't see out the term because of health issues.

Can't see the Donald making it whereas Clinton will and when she does I think she won't see out the term because of health issues.
    So Johnson or Stein then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

It'll be more of the same if Clinton gets it..... Would love to see a man that isn't the puppet for big business get in there.

He is a class clown but unlike the rest, what you see is what you get imo.

Advertisement