Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite source of carbohydrate?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bread. Bread makes you fat but goddammit bread is tasty.

Bread is just convenient for holding the tasty filling, at home I could easily make a nice sandwich just using lettuce to hold that filling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Not a huge fan of bread. Spuds and pasta in equal measure, followed by rice. I love pasta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Spuds are in the lead so far haha !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

bluewolf wrote: »
    What are your feelings on danishes and cinnamon rolls

Don't have very strong feelings on the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Rice. I love it's texture and you can do so much with it.

I like that you can eat a bowl of basmati or jasmine just by itself, so tasty, or you can do a soupy, sloppy kind of brothy thing and eat it with a spoon. Curries resting on a bed of rice, classic.

Risotto is just amazing, Paella, it's in Sushi and Mexican food.

You can have it cold or warm, and it's almost like a blank canvas, absorbing whatever flavours you throw at it.

Also, back in the 80s when casual racism was more accepted, my dad used to tell me that Chinese people had eyes like they do because they ate so much rice that it was changing the shape of their eyes. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Potatoes, definitely.

It's weird; as a kid, I found spuds boring, especially if they were served whole and just boiled or mashed.
    But now as an adult, I appreciate them a lot more.

Love them mashed, ADORE them roasted, can't beat a plate of chips...they're just so versatile.

Agree with the poster who said pasta is overrated. I don't actually get the obsession with the stuff.
    It's doughy, gluteny and bloaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Bread is my vice.

I spend most of my time eating, trying to resist the urge, or regretting eating tons of bread.

Sandwiches are the greatest food in my opinion as someone said they're only a vessel for the filling inside but they are an artform and anyone who says otherwise I will fight to the death.

I try to limit myself to one "gourmet" sandwich a week from a place that does fancy sandwiches. Lots of places do amazing sandwiches.

that said I could happily eat a ton of toast or full french baguette with just butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Unblessed communion wafers.
    Have you ever tried deconsecrated communion wafers? They're ever nicer!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I milk my bull every morning and the carbs from that milk are the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A chip sandwich. Fresh brennan's bread, a slapload of real butter, heinz ketchup, mayonnaise and more chips than you can reasonably fit between two slices of bread.

Holy. Fuckballs.

Actually haven't eaten one in years but I've got a semi right now just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

seamus wrote: »
    A chip sandwich. Fresh brennan's bread, a slapload of real butter, heinz ketchup, mayonnaise and more chips than you can reasonably fit between two slices of bread.

Holy. Fuckballs.

Actually haven't eaten one in years but I've got a semi right now just thinking about it.

An Irish childhood in the 70-80s described in food....

Spuds for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sweet potato is much nicer than white potato. My parents are a fan of dry and floury potatoes. I will only look at a white potato if it has milk, butter and/or cream in it.

Big fan of pasta dishes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Big fan of pasta dishes though!

But, but, but.....your username......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Why choose? Chip buttie anybody? How about a Tayto Blaa?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Potatoes. I could never get sick of them.

At this stage, I'm sure my body mass is approx 96% potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Wham Bars!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have you ever tried deconsecrated communion wafers? They're ever nicer!

I agree, bloody expensive though. Damn priests have a monopoly on the market.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Del2005 wrote: »
    How do you cook "other"? I always eat it raw.

Yeah, keep laughing. Don't come to me when you die from something that could have been prevented. If mother nature made grains for human consumption, the she'd have given us the ability to digest them.

Eat raw carbs. Fruit and tender greens. Coconut and Avocado. Lump of cow. Sensible food. You don't see a chimps frying their food. Lustig has made you all afraid of fruit! A fat man has made you all afraid of fruit!

I said my peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You don't make friends with salad.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Also, back in the 80s when casual racism was more accepted, my dad used to tell me that Chinese people had eyes like they do because they ate so much rice that it was changing the shape of their eyes. :eek:
    True

Chinese kids would come home from school every day and look down at the diner bowl and do a double facepalm* saying "oh no, not rice again"

* it's an action joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

White bread for me,I just can't stay away from any form of bread tbh,I could never not eat bread,I don't really like spuds though so that's not too bad

kfallon wrote: »
    Wham Bars!!!!!!!!

Heaven-sent sustainer of life! Full of nourishing flesh-building matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like pasta and potatoes but it just has to be fresh white bread and real butter. It's not even that I eat that much of it, but there's just nothing like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

The first new potato of the year i dig up takes some beating, but a Walnut Whip does indeed beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I could honestly live without carbs. As long as I have protein and loads of veg then I'm happy

Vegetables have plenty of carbohydrates in them. They just have less calories and more nutrional content than the carbs mentioned in the polls, known as 'empty calories'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Black rice or sweet potato.

Advertisement