Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to Make GcMAF Super Yogurt (HELP)

• 23-08-2016 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi all,
    i need some help sourcing some of the ingredients for this yogurt.
    I would also like to purchase these products from Ireland were possible.
    Any suitable alternative ingredient suggestions appreciated.

Ingedients:
    1/2 Gallon of Raw Milk
    2 Teaspoon of Probiotics powder form (Garden of life 400 billion IU Raw)
    2 Tablespoon of Colostrum powder form (New Zealand)
    Yogurt Culture Starter (Yeast)
    Vitamin D with K2

Method:
    1. Warm a small amount of raw milk in a saucepan.
    2. Add probiotic and colostrum powder and stir.
    3. Add warmed milk mixture back into 1/2 gallon of milk.
    4. Add yeast into milk, don't shake.
    5. Leave overnight at room temperature.
    6. Refrigerate the following morning.
    7. Leave to set.
    8. Use half a cup of made yogurt.
    9. Add two drops of Vitamin D with K2.
    10. Add honey or fruit to taste.
    11. Blend and serve.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you want some probiotic yogurt, but it from the shop. It's going to be significantly handier. And probably safer than growing bacteria in raw milk in an uncontrolled environment.

If you have Cancer, Hepatitis, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Tuberculosis, HIV, AIDS, etc then seek medical treatment, not yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pdizzle269

Hi, I have actually spent the last week getting together these exact ingredients to make this recipe! I'm still not sure however whether there is a specific formula or set of probiotics needed in order to produce the gcmaf, or whether a good product with a lot of probiotic strains combined with the colostrum will do the trick. Anyhow, raw milk is easy enough got, there is a list of stockist on the raw milk Ireland website. I got very good colostrum on Amazon, and also the 32 strain garden of life probiotic. These come in capsule form, and I could not find any powders with that many strains , however you can open these capsules and use 1 or 2 teaspoons worth of of the powder inside them and that would be exactly the same I imagine. I'm using kefir culture because I managed to get hold of it in my local health food shop, but they should have that or the yoghurt culture in any decent natural health shop. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 regina689

Is this ok to use in a stainless steel yogurt maker, or must it be in glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Why would you need a complicated recipe? Having proper nutrition with IF will give far better results. The human body can produce enough Gc-globulin without yogurts. I think you are going in the wrong direction.

Advertisement