Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bateve

I wonder what time the electronic PDF version of the Irish Independent/Irish times comes out at?
    I don't think it has the supplement or something, I remember a complication with it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

bateve wrote: »
    I don't think it has the supplement or something, I remember a complication with it last year
    Those crafty bastards!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Vilas

Only two possible offers. Either DCU or Maynooth. DCU I'm 10 points over last years, which makes it unlikely I'll get in normally, but hopefully it doesn't go up by that much and I manage to squeeze in through HEAR. If not, Maynooth. Unless points go up by 45, I'm good. Still very anxious since theres been a "record breaking" amount of CAO applications...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Does anyone know if a course has ever gone up 100+ points in a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

I'm 25 points above last years points for MINT in dcu but getting nervous now, one of those courses that could jump going by trends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sunnyost

I can't look at this thread, it's igniting so much anxiety. But I also can't look away for fear of missing anything... Double edged sword is so real.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

MomijiHime wrote: »

some went up like 60 or 70 last year but they are usually obscure courses, big well known courses never more then 20, what's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

My points are exactly what my course was last year. It'd be a miracle if I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

sunnyost wrote: »
    I can't look at this thread, it's igniting so much anxiety. But I also can't look away for fear of missing anything... Double edged sword is so real.

Go to sleep! Your offer will get to you quicker that way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't recall one doing so; it would be possible I suppose if a college suddenly cut the numbers on the course in half or something, but it would take something of that magnitude to cause that big a shift! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

One of the lads a few years ago had 35 points to spare based on previous years points. Course went up 90.

Think it was Computer science in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fx.nsaf

Guys i am in a very sticky position, stupidly didn't put enough low courses down on my CAO, lowest is 485 Economics UCD, second and third lowest are econ/german and econ/sociology both TCD which were 495*
    I got 505 this year, genuinely think I might not get an offer , do you think this is likely
    I'm not sleeping tonight

Fx.nsaf wrote: »
    Guys i am in a very sticky position, stupidly didn't put enough low courses down on my CAO, lowest is 485 Economics UCD, second and third lowest are econ/german and econ/sociology both TCD which were 495*
    I got 505 this year, genuinely think I might not get an offer , do you think this is likely
    I'm not sleeping tonight

Most likely you will get Economics in UCD. Its a well established course and they usually don't go over 20 points. Any chance you qualified for HEAR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

I'm not sleeping tonight
    you'll probably get a course! And with 505 if you don't get a course you could try the remaining places option. 505 is a very high LC in the scheme of things and economics at UCD is unlikely to jump 20 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Last Year guitargirl had the irish times at 4.15 am
    Anyone in dublin want to pull an allnighter and end the suffering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fx.nsaf

Vilas wrote: »
    Most likely you will get Economics in UCD. Its a well established course and they usually don't go over 20 points. Any chance you qualified for HEAR?

Unfortunately not, relying on only my points, I really hope I get something, currently shaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

daraghwal wrote: »

rumour has it pianoboy will have it at 4:10 this year:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bateve

Unfortunately not, relying on only my points, I really hope I get something, currently shaking
    Obviously I'm no expert but I would think you'd probably get economics in ucd, I think it would be unlikely to go over 500 tbh

daraghwal wrote: »

Definitely staying up! Though I'll be honest, I usually go to bed past 6 so it's nothing special for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

TSMGUY wrote: »
    rumour has it pianoboy will have it at 4:10 this year:pac:

I was like, oh I must have missed their post and then I saw the name. Cheers TSMGUY...:D

• Advertisement

You me both! We'll be grand just need to wait it out!

How's everyone passing time? I'm distracting myself with some gaming.

Definitely staying up! Though I'll be honest, I usually go to bed past 6 so it's nothing special for myself

Same. Do you think the site will crash at 6am?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It usually does for a couple of minutes, not normally too long though.

I don't think it'll crash. Around 50k people did the lc, unlikely that half would even stay up but if so, some will accidentally all asleep. Around 20k people trying to get in at the same time wouldn't crash it, but definitely expect low loading times.

I don't think it'll crash. Around 50k people did the lc, unlikely that half would even stay up but if so, some will accidentally all asleep. Around 20k people trying to get in at the same time wouldn't crash it, but definitely expect low loading times.

Low loading times.. Just what I need when I'm checking 😅. My course dropped 40 odd points last year, leaving me 20 points over. So worried they'll climb back up 😢

Possibly, but surly they'll have anticipated for it as it happened last year...;)

Also, they are also released here at 6am, so no worries!:cool:

Low loading times.. Just what I need when I'm checking 😅. My course dropped 40 odd points last year, leaving me 20 points over. So worried they'll climb back up 😢

I'm 10 points over my first choice and 45 over my 2nd and final choice. Still very worried. Though I qualify for HEAR so here's hoping! I'll light a candle for ya mate haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NathanB98

My first choice is the joint honours in UCD, last year it was 330. I got 440 and I'm still paranoid I won't get an offer.

NathanB98 wrote: »
    My first choice is the joint honours in UCD, last year it was 330. I got 440 and I'm still paranoid I won't get an offer.

oh man! I'd be worried if I were you....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm 10 points over my first choice and 45 over my 2nd and final choice. Still very worried. Though I qualify for HEAR so here's hoping! I'll light a candle for ya mate haha

Appreciate it haha. I'll light a candle for ya too.. convent isn't too far from where I live tbh :P Can't wait to see this thread when the results are out

Advertisement