Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mc Gregor vs Diaz PART 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

McGregor needs to be expecting a 25-minute-long fight - I don't think he has the power to knock out Homer-head.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Diaz will beat him again, its just a bad match up for McGregor.
    Saying that though it would be in Diaz's best interest to to lose this, that leaves a best of 3 winner takes all bout down the line when they both have nothing left to fight for.

Right now he'll probably win this, then return to his own division and hang around the middle bracket chasing the big payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Either Diaz by sub in the middle rounds or else Conor will win a stinker by running around and pot-shotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

MMA is not a sport. Its just two lads beating the bollox out each other.

And saps pay to watch it.

It's like the WWF in the early 90's.. Hulk Hogan etc. It will die a death as people start to realise what a load of crap it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Not much of a UFC/MMA man but watched the last fight and enjoyed it. I'm baffled at the prices the bookmakers are offering after he last fight (expected Diaz at 4/7 at best) yet he's odds against.
    Mc G had a purple patch early in the last fight and threw all he could at Diaz who just walked through it like he was fighting a 10 year old. Then the fight got into a bit of a boxing match and to my eye Diaz was/is head and shoulders above him as a boxer or at least was the last day and my understanding is he's miles ahead on the matt. I've had a decent bet on Diaz and might go in again prior to the fight if I stay awake.

Diaz had only a couple of weeks to get ready last time and still walked through Mc Gregor so I camt understand how that will change with him with a full camp under his belt and looking noticeably in better fighting condition during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm fairly pissed here on the couch. Not sure if I can make it to 5am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

prinzeugen wrote: »

It's like the WWF in the early 90's.. Hulk Hogan etc. It will die a death as people start to realise what a load of crap it is!

sport
    spɔːt/
    noun
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Seems to make the definition in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Some people love McGregor, some people hate McGregor. Me? Well any man or woman that flies the flag for Ireland in any sport, then they will always have my support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Think McGregor said it would be a trilogy. Was he preparing his fans for defeat? Or hinting it was his turn? I think he will win and it will go to best of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

TallGlass wrote: »
    sport
    spɔːt/
    noun
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Seems to make the definition in fairness.

Except for the skill part.
    I've seen two drunks outside Superman's at 3am wallop puck out if each other, with similar levels of skill to that being displayed in MMA/UFC.

• Advertisement

prinzeugen wrote: »

Hello.

You're talking out of your hole.

Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Not much of a UFC/MMA man but watched the last fight and enjoyed it. I'm baffled at the prices the bookmakers are offering after he last fight (expected Diaz at 4/7 at best) yet he's odds against.
    Mc G had a purple patch early in the last fight and threw all he could at Diaz who just walked through it like he was fighting a 10 year old. Then the fight got into a bit of a boxing match and to my eye Diaz was/is head and shoulders above him as a boxer or at least was the last day and my understanding is he's miles ahead on the matt. I've had a decent bet on Diaz and might go in again prior to the fight if I stay awake.

Diaz had only a couple of weeks to get ready last time and still walked through Mc Gregor so I camt understand how that will change with him with a full camp under his belt and looking noticeably in better fighting condition during the week.

Not sure either of them were in real shape last time. McGregor had to put on weight at short notice for the fight and Diaz had only a few weeks notice. I'm no expert, but fair play to mcgregor for taking this fight. It would have been easy for him to drop back down and fight Aldo again knowing he'd probably win. If he loses tonight his marketability is shot completely IMO. He's putting it all on the line when there's an easier option, that takes guts. Hope he comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Is this tonight? Strange, doesn't seem as hyped in the media as the last encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Is this tonight? Strange, doesn't seem as hyped in the media as the last encounter.

I think the olympics and euros have effected the build up as the media sports bulletins were chockablock and couldn't accommodate MMA. You also have a lot of the bandwagon fans disappeared after he was beaten last time. He was on the crest of a wave going into his last fight but unfortunately it was a real anti climax so a lot of people I know have lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

These threads are usually fun :D

Yes, I think they made a balls up by having it during the Olympics. Even as a MMA and McG fan, the fight has been a bit of an afterthought this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Because people are starting to see through Mc Gregor's patriotic BS.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've seen two drunks outside Superman's at 3am wallop puck out if each other, with similar levels of skill to that being displayed in MMA/UFC.

Makes you wonder why they don't go and earn millions like McGregor then, seeing as how they have the same skill level and all.

Bit short sighted of them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Diaz to win in the 3rd round, I'd say Conner will be knackered by then and the big lump will win by submission. Something similar to the last time they fought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'll probably stay up to watch this. I wouldn't be overly interested but it does make for entertaining viewing!

Diaz by submission is my (poorly informed) prediction :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

They don't allow taco chips in the octagon is the only difference.

• Advertisement

bur wrote: »
    They don't allow taco chips in the octagon is the only difference.

The octacogon.

Yeah. I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Can't wait for it. I think Conor may have learned from his last fight with Nate, and try to play things smart. He gave Nate some really good shots last time, but then Conor started panicking and I believe it was his downfall. Anyway it should be a good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Lobov looking strong in this first.

Why is this fight only 3 rounds? Yet McGregors is 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Non main events and non-title fights are only three rounds

McGregors is 5 as it's a co-main event.

You'd think Superman would be able to break it up with his super powers and all. :pac:

Non main events and non-title fights are only three rounds

McGregors is 5 as it's a co-main event.

Ok thanks.

Don't know where i got the six from.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Diaz to win in the 3rd round, I'd say Conner will be knackered by then and the big lump will win by submission. Something similar to the last time they fought.

Nah Conor has had a full camp under his belt. He'll have learned an awful lot from that defeat and he'll have had more time to suss out Diaz. He will have the cardio this time and there is no question that he has the striking skills

Diaz fought with great heart the last time but offered little for the majority of the fight and got lucky that Mcgregor gassed. Id be very surprised if McGregor lost this but stranger things have happened.

Mcgregor by ko in the second.

Nah Conor has had a full camp under his belt. He'll have learned an awful lot from that defeat and he'll have had more time to suss out Diaz. He will have the cardio this time and there is no question that he has the striking skills

Diaz fought with great heart the last time but offered little for the majority of the fight and got lucky that Mcgregor gassed. Id be very surprised if McGregor lost this but stranger things have happened.

Mcgregor by ko in the second.

I do hope McGregor wins but I was drawn to Diaz for the better odds.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I do hope McGregor wins but I was drawn to Diaz for the better odds.

Worth the bet i suppose. Stranger things have happened as i said. Bit of pressure on Mcgregor to win tonight but with the lack of hype and the full camp id imagine he will come through

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement