Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

California to legalise recreational use of weed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

And smoking is illegal in pubs. Joints or otherwise. So your scenario is bunkum.

Hence why we have designated smoking areas in pubs and various other establishments :) Even in Amsterdam some coffee shops have designated smoking areas, separate from the counter where you buy the goods.
    Sadly it's not Guards who make the laws but TDs, the vast majority of whom are socially very conservative like it or not.

Yes, this is true, but I'd wager most TDs under 40 probably feel the same. I have zero evidence to back this up, but to be honest I think most people under 40 regardless of their occupation have a neutral to positive view on cannabis.
    I dunno. Is there anyone who wants to smoke weed, who currently doesn't? I only know of one individual who won't do so (owing to funding criminal gangs/violence) but he's certainly the exception. I don't think legal weed would have that much of an affect on pubbing at the weekend tbh.

I meant more so on the nature of the weekend, as opposed to the frequency of people going to pubs. Dunno if you've ever been to Galway but Supermacs/Eyre Square on the weekend is a disgusting mess... If 1/3 those people were stoned maybe it wouldn't be as chaotic :D Irrelevant anyways...

I'm pretty sure it will be legalised in Europe by the time I'm old anyways (mid 20s now). Just wish it would happen sooner. I'd really love to just be able to go to a park or a quiet corner of town and light up, without having to look over my shoulder and stress about the Gardai :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Well those substances are illegal, and as for vaping that's up to each business. Government haven't stepped in there yet. In Amsterdam you can smoke away on weed no bother in the cafes, but if it's a joint or a fag you gotta take it outside.

Should cannabis become legal / decriminalised, despite the almost zero campaigning from anyone at all, I really don't see pubs allowing you to smoke your substances indoors because, you know, it's not tobacco.

But all that's irrelevant. It's illegal and likely to remain so for a very long time unless some advocate groups start agitating in the real world and not on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

turnikett1 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it will be legalised in Europe by the time I'm old anyways (mid 20s now). Just wish it would happen sooner. I'd really love to just be able to go to a park or a quiet corner of town and light up, without having to look over my shoulder and stress about the Gardai :/

When the laws change in parts of Europe it will be thanks to movements made up of people who dedicated lots of time and energy to a cause they believed in.

Be the change and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I dunno. Is there anyone who wants to smoke weed, who currently doesn't? I only know of one individual who won't do so (owing to funding criminal gangs/violence) but he's certainly the exception. I don't think legal weed would have that much of an affect on pubbing at the weekend tbh.

Maybe. I thought that was pretty much the case in 2010 too.

Well just tobacco actually.
    i don't take cannabis because it is illegal
    I have no issue with it other than its illegality and would love to vape a nice bit of sativa on a rare sunny Sunday while hiking with my dogs.
    But it's illegal so I don't. I don't want to grow it which is highly illegal and I don't want to deal with the criminal elements to obtain it
    Sure some of my friends probably have a bit but in my experience its a wierd dynamic asking people for some of their personal stash .

Advertisement