Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year anniversary

Options
  • 18-08-2016 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

The first anniversary with my girlfriend is coming up and I'm looking for ideas in terms of presents. I'm looking to make it really special for her.

Ladies, have youu ever had a standout present?
    I'm thinking of some sort of a collage of present, a stay away and maybe something else?

How much is reasonable to spend?

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this thread but I'd really appreciate any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Anal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Beads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

1 year with your girlfriend? There's a long road ahead ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't take her out for a meal, save that one in the bank for what the taken gentlemen refer to as ESO's
    (Emergency Special Occasions yo, copyright!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

This is the best forum for advice OP.

You should get her an all for 1 voucher, a Happy Meal and ride her down a pissy Lane.

You are guaranteed anniversary number 2 than.

Best of luck buttercup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

qwert123 wrote:
    I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this thread but I'd really appreciate any advice!

Are you still not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

1. Cut a hole in a box
    2. Put your junk in that box
    3. Make her open the box

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A pearl necklace always goes down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

OP, you don't want to go too over the top for the first anniversary. You need to leave yourself some room for manoeuvre for the future. There's a long road of present giving ahead potentially. Take her for a nice dinner to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Strap on, the tables will turn and she'll love it.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I thought she was dead a year :eek: You might want to make your title more specific op.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Three way with her sister or ma?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dulpit wrote: »
    1. Cut a hole in a box
    2. Put your junk in that box
    3. Make her open the box
    Schrodinger's junk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

A life size cut out of you, or a voucher to get your name tattooed on her

or jewellery or some **** like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Drugs OP nothing say I love you more than a big bag of Cocaine.

Or dinner and a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Nothing says I love you like getting someone prize bonds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

When it comes to anniversary's (and of course depending on the lady in question) I find that the thought is much more important than the price or value of the gift - is there anything she talks about from her childhood that she enjoyed but no longer has?

A collage isn't a bad idea to be fair as it will be something you've put time and effort into, just don't go overboard with the expressions of love, it's only been a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I thought she was dead a year :eek: You might want to make your title more specific op.

On the inside maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Buy her a nice fashion ring to wear. €20 or so should do it.

When you give it to her, kneel down on one knee and just show her the ring.

You won't believe the reaction she'll give you after you spend only a couple of quid on the thing!!

Report back post haste with updates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Weekend/night away with a spa day is a good present. I'd be happy with that and I'm rarely happy with anything.
    Nice perfume?
    An Alex and Ani bracelet?

What is she into? How much do you want to spend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

the colleage is really nice, photobox do some nice little photobooks and stuff,.

but dont go too made money wise, a weekend away and a gift and a collage is alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

whoah, steady on there OP. 1 year, eh. Is she the ONE? If so, then don't go overboard, or she will expect something even better next year, and again the following year, etc.. and in 8 or 9 years she will probably be expecting the proposal.

Slow and steady wins the race. A nice home cooked meal and take the desert to the bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Poor OP. Little did he know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

set the bar low, if your lucky you will have countless birthdays and anniversaries ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

qwert123 wrote: »
    The first anniversary with my girlfriend is coming up and I'm looking for ideas in terms of presents. I'm looking to make it really special for her.

I'm thinking of some sort of a collage of present, a stay away and maybe something else?

How much is reasonable to spend?

STD? Nothing says I love you more than a good old fashioned STD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think the old traditional gifts are the best
    Cut off your ear, and post it to her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

qwert123 wrote: »

best present my current BF gave me was a running medal holder he and his dad made.

its so cute carved it himself (with his dads help) has my running clubs name and colours and ive been whining about wanting to display them so came home one day and he had it up on the wall with all my medals hanging.

i just figure it was really thoughtful and he'd made it himself (although i do think his dad did more than they let on :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

best present my current BF gave me was a running medal holder he and his dad made.

its so cute carved it himself (with his dads help) has my running clubs name and colours and ive been whining about wanting to display them so came home one day and he had it up on the wall with all my medals hanging.

i just figure it was really thoughtful and he'd made it himself (although i do think his dad did more than they let on :-) )

If your girl is a keeper OP then something like this would mean more than anything you can get in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

When it comes to anniversary's (and of course depending on the lady in question) I find that the thought is much more important than the price or value of the gift - is there anything she talks about from her childhood that she enjoyed but no longer has?

A collage isn't a bad idea to be fair as it will be something you've put time and effort into, just don't go overboard with the expressions of love, it's only been a year...

Virginity perhaps, hopefully:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Chicken nuggets.

Advertisement