Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results vs Leaving Cert Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I found that I got the exact same as my 5th year Summer exam in terms of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

Mocks: 415
    Real: 410

Loads of things happened during LC and I was confident that I know more than I do. Being complacent is the only reason this has happened.

My biggest disappointment would be maths where I received C3 in. It was just so appalling. Same with biology where I got C2. I have received A in them during christmas and summer but bummed down in mocks and thought about how "mocks are always harder than the real thing." So there we go.

Not everyone goes up from the mocks. It takes a lot of perseverance and drive to rise from mocks and time between the real thing and mocks should be used really efficiently. I wish I've known that well enough instead of thinking I'm awesome. ðŸ’ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Mocks: 480
    LC: 585

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nikkilc

Mock: 450
    Expected/Aim: 450
    Actual: 510

I think my Home Ec & English mocks were graded awfully tough - I actually thought I did better in both of them in the mocks than the LC (still think my English mock paper was far better than my actual paper to be honest!) but in mocks I got a C2 & B3 respectively and in the real thing a B1 & A1 :P
    I was pretty consistent with what I got in subjects in the mocks & in the real thing besides those two, even though I put in a lot of work since.. but that's bc some of my teachers told us what was coming up in the mocks - I wouldn't have gotten the grades I did had I not known what was on them (and hence only studied that stuff.)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aoifem123

Mocks: 390
    Real: 415

I honestly didn't expect it to increase, I thought I'd go down if anything. I got really lazy towards the end of the year sadly, but if I'd kept the momentum up I know I could have done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 lalabear53

Mocks 560
    Actual 585

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭malnurtured

Pre: 555
    Real: 580

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jadesylph

Mocks: 345 (I think?)
    Actual: 515

I really didn't expect to get that high, I thought I'd only get about 420...I hardly worked all through 5th and 6th year but I put my head down in the last month of school because I was terrified I'd fail everything! I managed to go from a D3 to an A1 in English and a fail to a B1 in history :~)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

The annual "My cousin's neighbour's girlfriend got 5 points in her mocks and went on to get 600 in the real thing" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

The annual "My cousin's neighbour's girlfriend got 5 points in her mocks and went on to get 600 in the real thing" thread
    Haha yeah you could say that, but hopefully everyone is honest as I do not see a reason for anyone to be dishonest. I mean we are all anonymous anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Rustywtf

got 320 in the mocks, mainly because I failed maths
    dropped down to OL for the real thing and got 475, tho I reckon I've been shafted on a paper or two. Will probably make at least one appeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What happens if you get a place in a course, than on appeal of a paper you go down a grade and then don't meet the entry requirements and points dor the course your currently in. Can you continue on or are you kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

What happens if you get a place in a course, than on appeal of a paper you go down a grade and then don't meet the entry requirements and points dor the course your currently in. Can you continue on or are you kicked out.

As far as I know unless there's a major error with marking your paper, like adding up wrong or a problem with the examiner, you shouldn't go down a grade

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A very tiny number are downgraded each year (think 6-12 type of range). And no, colleges don't withdraw offers in those circumstances, they're not that cruel!

Advertisement