Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date nerves

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Oooohhh juicy. Looks at the posters, I wonder who....
    Did you recognise yourself from that description?

No, you're safe enough. It definitely wasn't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

If you mess up this first date you can always fall back on 'ol reliable. Miss Palm and her five daughters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Go in and throw your fork on the ground.
    Chicks dig bad boys
    She'll be putty in your hand after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jagerbombs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I suppose this is no longer a live update thread. Posting on boards while sitting across from your date wouldn't go down too well...

Unless they were another boards user and communicated through a thread or PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've gone on quite a few first dates that were supposed to be an evening pint but ended up as a session. Not ideal, but never had a bad experience either, if I genuinely didn't like the person or didn't get on with them I'd find a polite excuse to cut it short. Definitely a drink or two before the meet (if it's an evening meet-up) is good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

All done! I never take my phone out on a date... tut tut. I met her on a night out. Lovely girl. Conversation flowed and had a really nice afternoon. Just didn't feel that spark though :( onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

All done! I never take my phone out on a date... tut tut. I met her on a night out. Lovely girl. Conversation flowed and had a really nice afternoon. Just didn't feel that spark though :( onwards and upwards!

You don't need to feel a spark to put your penis inside her. You don't fool me, she ditched your ass.

You don't need to feel a spark to put your penis inside her.

Ah here ted bundy..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

What an anti-climax!!

Is that the end of the thread, so? Years ago these type of threads would just run on and on...The quality just isn't there anymore :( *shakes head sadly from side to side*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I was gonna suggest bringing a friend along but glad it didn't work out, but in a pleasant way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm usually drunk on first dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I'm usually drunk on first dates

The last first date I went on was with my wife. It was pretty awful. Part through she let out a huge yawn (nerves probably). I said "Are you bored?" but it kind of broke the ice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 frutierutie

Aw that's a pity. Was hoping it would go well for you. I've had lovely dates but no spark. Somethings you can work on but if there's no spark to begin with then I don't think there's anything you can do.

Oh well onto the next date!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is that it , date over ?
    I've a first date on Thursday and was hoping for tips from the OP.

It's not the same girl as the OPs date..... I hope.

Is that it , date over ?
    I've a first date on Thursday and was hoping for tips from the OP.

It's not the same girl as the OPs date..... I hope.

Tips wise - just be yourself. Listen to what she's saying. Get there maybe a little early and settle in. Wear deodorant. Have a sh1te before you leave the house. Will it be a boozy first date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Do a hybrid cough/sneeze and snot all-over yourself. worked for me, she wanted to see me again but i decided against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'd have a drink beforehand to take the edge off the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Tips wise - just be yourself. Listen to what she's saying. Get there maybe a little early and settle in. Wear deodorant. Have a sh1te before you leave the house. Will it be a boozy first date?

This is actually really good advise. You need to listen to what she's saying, place the attention on her as opposed you doing the talking about yourself. Listen to her.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    This is actually really good advise. You need to listen to what she's saying, place the attention on her as opposed you doing the talking about yourself. Listen to her.

Yeh it's key. If you find your mind trailing off you won't be able to keep the conversation going. Don't whip your phone out and try not to slobber over other women in the establishment. Give us a live update. Whats the plan for the date? Can I come too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Let's set up a twitter hashtag for this and the OP can then tweet live updates.

#firstdatenerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Half the time women don't listen to themselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Bottle of frosty jack. Then ask if she wants a cheeky finger behind the protestant church.

Or as us in the North call a 3 litre of Frosty Jack, a Barrack Buster.

Advertisement