Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date nerves

Options
  • 16-08-2016 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

So have a first date coming up. Bit nervous. What do you normally do to settle those pre-first-date nerves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Tactical ****

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

imagine her naked...oh wait that's audiences and public speaking...ignore advice

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Failing the two excellant ideas above.

A couple of large ones and a line of charlie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

There's two people on this date, and both are as nervous as each other.

Relax, be grand.

• Advertisement

Bottle of frosty jack. Then ask if she wants a cheeky finger behind the protestant church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

So have a first date coming up. Bit nervous. What do you normally do to settle those pre-first-date nerves?

Make sure the wife is out of town.....

.....works for me ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My AH Answer: Dont go on date with a loaded weapon and load up on Dutch courage.

My real answer: http://www.thedatereport.com/dating/advice/1622-15-tips-for-easing-first-date-jitters/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Have a drink while getting ready to calm your nerves and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Turn up drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Post on AH and follow a minimum of 50% of the posts advice. Livestream the date for our enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

There is nothing you can do really, just go and remember that she is also feeling similar and if you act awkward etc then you will put her at unease. Just focus on making her feel at ease and it is a good tactic to make you not think of yourself and your own nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

There is nothing you can do really, just go and remember that she is also feeling similar and if you act awkward etc then you will put her at unease. Just focus on making her feel at ease and it is a good tactic to make you not think of yourself and your own nerves

I like it! Dont normally get nervous. No booze whatsoever anyway. Going for some coffee :) the sweat patches under my arms are a bit of an eye sore however.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

the sweat patches under my arms are a bit of an eye sore however.

Bitta Mitchum always does the trick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 frutierutie

Personally I always get there first and grab a table and sit down so you don't have the awkwardness of meeting each other outside or trying to figure out where the other person is sitting.

If you're there first you can tell them where you are and sit down and relax and wait for them to come to you. Not sure if it's the done thing but it's the done thing for me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If you're nervous about small talk etc..., just keep asking different questions.
    This will initiate more conversation and you'll feel more at ease, while also showing an interest in your date.

It's win - win!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Get yourself one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

OP, have you met them before in person or was it through online dating? I would think it's more nerve-racking if you haven't met them before.

If it was me, I would do same as you. Very casual, coffee/drinks. Definitely not dinner. Then after take them for a spin in my car up the mountains :D

Personally I always get there first and grab a table and sit down so you don't have the awkwardness of meeting each other outside or trying to figure out where the other person is sitting.

If you're there first you can tell them where you are and sit down and relax and wait for them to come to you. Not sure if it's the done thing but it's the done thing for me!! :D

Literally just plonked my ass in the chair. The wait begins. God damn it's warm. Cant stop sweating...

Argh feel like am gonna poop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Hellrun

Get there early and have a pint. Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Hellrun wrote: »
    Get there early and have a pint. Easy

He's there already. This is now a live update feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 frutierutie

Oh good luck. At least when you're sitting down you can kind of act casual as I always think people will cop that I'm going on a first date if I'm waiting outside.

Worst case scenario, you have one coffee and you leave. Nothing ventured nothing gained! And I speak from having a few first dates recently!!

Also it's the waiting that is the worst, once the person arrives then half the nerves go away instantly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerisepink

Awh I'd love to be going on a first date again but my boyfriend probably wouldn't be too happy about it!ha :D enjoy it! It's ok to be nervous but try look at it as being excited instead. Good luck! Let us know how it goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

get absolutely sh1tfaced, it can only go well from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

on the first date with my now wife, I went to lean back against a big window, turns out I was about 2ft away from it and fell through it, good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Make sure to ask her how her bra is.

Tell her she is free to take the bra off if she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

hairyslug wrote: »
    get absolutely sh1tfaced, it can only go well from there
    That actually did happen me on a first date. We had lunch which turned into a longer lunch and I kept knocking back the vino. He left me to fend for myself to get home but we still ended up going out together for a few years. He's still a miserly c*nt, though. Still posting miserly advice on here although we didn't meet through Boards. Most memorable first date for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Tell her her rumps as big as the queens.... And twice as fragrant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Shint0 wrote: »
    That actually did happen me on a first date. We had lunch which turned into a longer lunch and I kept knocking back the vino. He left me to fend for myself to get home but we still ended up going out together for a few years. He's still a miserly c*nt, though. Still posting miserly advice on here although we didn't meet through Boards. Most memorable first date for all the wrong reasons.

Oooohhh juicy. Looks at the posters, I wonder who....

Advertisement