Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

21 k
    woop
    and to think I was not going to p!ay this year
    I love this game
    I will hate it next weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

61 sees me at 221k.

At no point last year was I higher than this, so simply holding this position for the entire year will mean an improvement on last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

76 points sets me at just over 10k worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

East European Road Trip day (2 &) 3: (Nuremberg &) Prague.

Hazard 10 pts tonight. Great :D.

Yesterday could have gone so much better had Firmino been involved in something in 'Pool 4 goals... Nuremberg and its famous trials put a curse on me :pac: (I see he played in Hoffenheim which is close enough).
    More seriously though, he wasn't subbed early and did not get injured... so what happened? Was he crap? Was he the assister's assister? Is he the wrong 'Pool attacker to own?

Anyhow, looks like a 68 pts starter for me. Can't complain. Though Firmino and my 25 pts bench could have made it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

63 points gives me a final GW1 rank of 160k, solid start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

69 = 51k OR

Think that's my best GW1 in my 4 years. Think I was 60k odd my very first year. Thought this game was a great lark!! :)

68 all out! Not too shabby for the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

21 points on the bench :(

72 points. :)

26k in the world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Umm is anyone else not even a little bit terrified that things have gone just a teeny, tiny bit too well for the FSA as a whole this first week?

Surely the universe won't stand for this cosmic upheaval in the balance of good (us) vs evil (casuals)! :eek:

Umm is anyone else not even a little bit terrified that things have gone just a teeny, tiny bit too well for the FSA as a whole this first week?

Surely the universe won't stand for this cosmic upheaval in the balance of good (us) vs evil (casuals)! :eek:

yes
    looking at my team for gw2 I can see it going horribly wrong !
    a lot of people banking like myself BUT maybe as the old saying goes we should buy when we are on top
    a -4 to to get rid of Fuchs and get siggy in ?
    no
    OK so :D

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    69 = 51k OR

Think that's my best GW1 in my 4 years. Think I was 60k odd my very first year. Thought this game was a great lark!! :)

is it possible to look back at past seasons week by week?
    thought it was by clicking on the year but doesn't seem to be the case????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    is it possible to look back at past seasons week by week?
    thought it was by clicking on the year but doesn't seem to be the case????

thought that was possible in the past but I think I tried to do it last season and couldn't go back to the season before.

I was wondering where do you go to see the status of points for each player in a given match? I used to hit an option when I clicked to expand a fixture on the fixture list for that game and see how points and potential BPs were being spread out during matches.

I can't even figure out how to view this now after all the matches are over.
    Am I missing something obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

13k OR after GW1....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Where do you see that we've been doing that good? With all these 20 pointers on the bench & Agüero only scoring one, the casuals should thank their lucky star we haven't been rewarded as much as we should have :pac:!

And don't forget the universe, not to fall apart, needs some kind of equilibrium. And there was sooo much devilish chaos last year that we're due a fèckin' hell of a lot of good GWs right? Right? Riiiight?!!! :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

80 points gives me my highest ever rank of 3560!

Happy enough I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

61 sees me at 221k.

At no point last year was I higher than this, so simply holding this position for the entire year will mean an improvement on last year!

Things must be tightly bunched. I ended on 59 points and 301k OR.

Not an awful start, but a bit disappointed on the whole. Most here seem to have gotten into the 60s and beyond, and I'm off to a 20 point deficit in my main money league. Early days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

66 thanks to Haz the Belganian Devil.... :cool:

It took me until roughly GW34 last year to break 100k :pac:

It's gonna be our year pal, if things start going right for the FSA I can see three or four of us battling it out for the ultimate prize :pac:

Now all you have to do is play it conservative from here on in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

63 a steady start at 160k. Hazard taking the pen and vardy not taking the pen the two dissapointments of the gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

68 after last night. OR 68k. Happy enough with that start!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

45.... meh :mad:

hello darkness, my old friend!

one year i'll hit 100 on GW1... one year!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭Shedite27

82 points - 1,800 overall

And most of all, nobody that makes me say "what in the name of god was I thinking picking him" - yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shedite27 wrote: »
    And most of all, nobody that makes me say "what in the name of god was I thinking picking him" - yet!

This is way more important than rank at this stage.

If you are reasonably happy with the players you have and have a simple enough transfer for GW2 or set to bank it then it's a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

48 points.
    Bit of a let down but solid start. Left it too late on saturday morning to make finalise first 11 and couldn't log in which cost me 10 points.
    Vardy not taking pen and his missed chances disappointments. Will hold him I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

To be honest I've been blessed with the close calls I made, Redmond over Tadic, Lamela over Eriksen, Hazard over Sanchez, putting Foster in goal with an away fixture,
    Pure luck but lovely to get off to a nice start, hopefully my team will never see 7 figures in overall rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

77 delighted really top 10,000 mark. I am a bit shocked because I am usually a slow starter so a good start would be a great plus this season! Went with the heavy-hitters up top with a view to wildcarding aftrer GW3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Things must be tightly bunched. I ended on 59 points and 301k OR.

Not an awful start, but a bit disappointed on the whole. Most here seem to have gotten into the 60s and beyond, and I'm off to a 20 point deficit in my main money league. Early days though.

I'm a further 2 points back with 57 and sitting at 397k. A really poor Sun/Mon dropping me from 44k.

There's only ~4 points separating 200k to 400k, there's hope in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To be honest I've been blessed with the close calls I made, Redmond over Tadic, Lamela over Eriksen, Hazard over Sanchez, putting Foster in goal with an away fixture,
    Pure luck but lovely to get off to a nice start, hopefully my team will never see 7 figures in overall rank.

Think you're doing yourself a disservice there, they were all calculated decisions that worked out well so I'd put it down to good preparation rather than luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

64 thanks to Hazard.

A good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's gonna be our year pal, if things start going right for the FSA I can see three or four of us battling it out for the ultimate prize :pac:

Now all you have to do is play it conservative from here on in :p

All I have to do, you make it sound so simple :pac:

I'm actually going to give it a shot if I can. If I've learned anything in the last few years it's that I've always given myself too much to do. Time to stick with the pack until the spring, if possible.

In GW37 Sunderland have Swansea at home...... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

46 points, awful start. Despite this, I think I will bank my transfer. Sanchez and Firmino will come good. Just annoyed Vardy and Oscar are off pens.

Advertisement