Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 main event viewing options

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Well folks,

Could someone give me some options to how I can watch the fight? Im Brutal with this stuff and its my first one to order in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

froog wrote: »
    wtf no more PPV on youtube too? **** the UFC, seriously.

Blame eir and virgin media

Eir for paying to have McGregor's fights exclusive to them

Virgin Media for failing to come up with a deal to have eir on their platform

Nothing to do with the ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its all Virgins fault for not agreeing a deal, if sky could they could they obviously wouldnt pay up and now they just screwed themselves the amount of people who cancelled would be through the roof id imagine, i know my parents cancelled out of principle, and judging by boards a hell of a lot more people did!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    edit : nvm I understand it now

What a way to fook over half the population like haha

I have sky,
    but dont have sports channels on it,

is it possible just to buy a ppv for that night on bt sport 2 or no?
    theteal wrote: »
    No. Afaik you need an Eir Sports subscription. You can add this for free if you have Eir broadband

If you have Sky, then you can subscribe to the Eir Sport package for 2 months which will cost €50 in total.

€50 is the same price as the PPV in other European countries, so it is much the same. You just won't get the Fightpass Prelims, although you don't get those if you buy the PPV anyway. You have to have a Fightpass Subscription too.

What I'm trying to find out though is this:

If I subscribe to the Eir Sport package with my Sky viewing card, watch the fight on Saturday, and then cancel on Monday within the cooling off period, do I get my money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

C-Shore wrote: »
    If you have Sky, then you can subscribe to the Eir Sport package for 2 months which will cost €50 in total.

€50 is the same price as the PPV in other European countries, so it is much the same. You just won't get the Fightpass Prelims, although you don't get those if you buy the PPV anyway. You have to have a Fightpass Subscription too.

What I'm trying to find out though is this:

If I subscribe to the Eir Sport package with my Sky viewing card, watch the fight on Saturday, and then cancel on Monday within the cooling off period, do I get my money back?

So you're asking can you watch if for free? I'd imagine the answer to that questions is no, and rightfully so.

• Advertisement

So you're asking can you watch if for free? I'd imagine the answer to that questions is no, and rightfully so.

Either way I'm ordering it and cancelling it once I've watched the fight.

I just don't know what the process is by law in terms of refunds when it's cancelled within the cooling off period:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights-online
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/services-contracts

My understanding is the same as yours. I don't think you get your money back based on the supply of services within that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

C-Shore wrote: »
    Either way I'm ordering it and cancelling it once I've watched the fight.

I just don't know what the process is by law in terms of refunds when it's cancelled within the cooling off period:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights-online
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/services-contracts

My understanding is the same as yours. I don't think you get your money back based on the supply of services within that period.

Afaik with eir sport you're in a minimum 2 months contract..

The second they supply with and you subsequently watch the service, you're paying for 2 months.. I think..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Afaik with eir sport you're in a minimum 2 months contract..

Yeah it is the 2 months, so €50 in total.
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    The second they supply with and you subsequently watch the service, you're paying for 2 months.. I think..

That's the bit I wasn't sure about, but I'm pretty sure it's as soon as you're able to watch the service, they've provided the service, and so you pay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

If you know anybody that has sky and has been signed up to setanta you can watch it online via setantago. Each sky card number gives you access on 2 different devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

So... I have a laptop and I have a sky card of a mate. Can I sign up to setantago with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Providing he has Setanta Yes. You will also need the phone number he used to sign up and possibly the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Simple misunderstand :)
    <Snip - enough warnings were given>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

anyone using setanta go?
    i dont have sky tv but my ma does so i used her sky viewing card number to sign up yesterday and it took the money etc
    i figured id just log in online then and watch the live TV but i never got an e-mail or a username/password

have logged a ticket this morning so hopefully they get back to me and am tryin to find out if they may have emailed the details to my ma or something

does anyone have experience with setting it up? wanna get it working today so its ready for the fight later

So only thing on fightpass tonight is the fightpass exclusive prelims? Or are they still showing the prelimary card on fightpass also? or is prelims also BT exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

FightPass Prelims only i think. BT has the undercard.

seiphil wrote: »
    So... I have a laptop and I have a sky card of a mate. Can I sign up to setantago with this?

This worked for me. Sorted for tonight so :)

how do u get ur log in for setanta go?

how do u get ur log in for setanta go?

Email and password I set up when registering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

So I've registered with eir online, I cant see how to watch online sports channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

oh balls ive to like download some old version of internet explorer i think

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Have an Eir Login from a relative who has broadband. How do I watch it on the laptop now?

The Mig wrote: »
    Have an Eir Login from a relative who has broadband. How do I watch it on the laptop now?
    Login to myeir then on the bottom left you'll see "check eirsport eligability"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

shaneob86 wrote: »
    I used the cached version of setantago sign up and its working great

Will this work for the main event if I don't have Sky, Eir, (I'm with Virgin)?

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Will this work for the main event if I don't have Sky, Eir, (I'm with Virgin)?
    It didn't ask for Sky number or Eir. Just credit card. BT Sport 2 working fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

shaneob86 wrote: »
    It didn't ask for Sky number or Eir. Just credit card. BT Sport 2 working fine.

Cheers, I signed up, Working fine, I hope it stays on for the main :D

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Cheers, I signed up, Working fine, I hope it stays on for the main :D
    If not, we're both fecked :D

• Advertisement

thanks for the help lads,
    does anyone know if more than one device / person can use a setanta go account at same time??

Advertisement