Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my raspberry pi today

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mame is about accuracy though, computational accuracy. Compared to another emulator who can implement little hacks, tricks, & code to get something running right, Mame is limited. It's not normally an issue though, you see it on modern era stuff only.

Think I've decided to build a little emulation 'jukebox', using a Pi3. I Have it all set up on the bartop, and that's fine for arcade stuff, for console though it's just better with a controller on the tv (that said, console stuff an a proper arcade monitor is a different thing altogether, it's glorious!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A bartop!!
    Sure, with the over inflated prices of those on Adverts you can sell it for...
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Exactly :D

I'm actually considering moving it on, & replacing it another one based on a Pi3 just for Arcade stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Well im loving my pie 3, so it sounds like a good idea.

My FC30 pro broke 3 days in new record, who ever said the build quality was good was on crack....

The big right r1 trigger died, should be able to work round one less button but, 3 days and a trigger goes...

Opened it to see what was up, there was a light sticker on it with part of an old stick still there under it, so I'm thinking they sent me a donkey, the button on the board was bent back and was falling off, no solder so, since I know for a fact that the sell sold me an opened one that was a crap refurbish I just super glued it. And that fail, as the button fell off....not happy was a bday gift...stupid Amazon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Flaregon wrote: »
    My FC30 pro broke 3 days in new record, who ever said the build quality was good was on crack....

The big right r1 trigger died, should be able to work round one less button but, 3 days and a trigger goes...

Opened it to see what was up, there was a light sticker on it with part of an old stick still there under it, so I'm thinking they sent me a donkey, the button on the board was bent back and was falling off, no solder so, since I know for a fact that the sell sold me an opened one that was a crap refurbish I just super glued it. And that fail, as the button fell off....not happy was a bday gift...stupid Amazon....

Take picture and contact them !

eddhorse wrote: »
    Take picture and contact them !

Will that help won't they have me send it back, and how do I explain the glue...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Will that help won't they have me send it back, and how do I explain the glue...

If its bad build quality and its broken with no solder its their fault.
    Worth a try, i wouldnt have opened it if it was new.

eddhorse wrote: »
    If its bad build quality and its broken with no solder its their fault.
    Worth a try, i wouldnt have opened it if it was new.

Yah, well I got it new off Amazon, thought that a spring was loose, so I went for it.

Was the wrong call but awell.
    Not ordering more if they die like this.

Yah, well I got it new off Amazon, thought that a spring was loose, so I went for it.

Was the wrong call but awell.
    Not ordering more if they die like this.

Messaged them on Facebook and told the complete truth, may get me somewhere I'll update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement