Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got fined 60 quid on my car parked in my estate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

TheStook wrote: »
    pred racer wrote: »
    you can put "I am a tit" in that box on the website if you want ;)

Im 21 and its my first car. I doubt many people my age without licenses would know about having to declare an unused car off the road.

You live and learn I suppose
    I think the poster is reffering to the fact that anything can be put in that box on the site and it will still go through. There was lots of talk about it a few years ago.
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/online-system-will-tax-cars-without-proof-of-insurance-26015949.html

Your other question- the 4 months, yes as far as I understand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im 21 and its my first car. I doubt many people my age without licenses would know about having to declare an unused car off the road.

You live and learn I suppose

That's understandable, don't beat yourself up over it. We were all leaner drivers with our first car at one stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Just swap the ownership to a mate and back.. then declare it off road.. done it loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Can anyone confirm that this works? Or it is illegal and easily recognized?

It Works, it's legal, recognition is irrelevant.

Don't bother paying the back tax just transfer the ownership when you're ready to tax it (when you get your licence) - and get it off the 'public space' till then or you'll be racking up the fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Just swap the ownership to a mate and back.. then declare it off road.. done it loads of times.

that's a fine idea but of course he would have to actually get it off the road or he'll get a fine for having a SORD vehicle on the road , even if it's just parked, same as he got one for no tax displayed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Pay your fine. Get the car off the road into your garden if you can. Don't pay any back tax, when you're ready to drive it again transfer the ownership to a family member or friend and back to you and tax it from then.
    If you think you won't be able to get it on the road in the foreseeable future, it's best to sell it cars deteriorate when they aren't been driven

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No tax, no insurance, not being moved. You should have it moved to a better location as it may be removed as an abandoned car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Okay Ill declare it off the road now anyway thanks everyone, didnt know that.

Thats a bit of a kick in the balls tbh, my first ever fine haha :(

You can't declare it off the road in retrospect.
    You will be liable for arrears plus a minimum of 3 months tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Just to clarify, if you do declare it off the road you still wont be able to park it in that parking space, it will need to be moved off the public road or you will face more fines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

The off the road declaration must be made in the month of the expiry of your current motor tax disc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement