Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports mix

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Sky Sports Mix preview is on air on Sky Channel 407.

They say they will show NFL Redzone on September 11th , will it be a once off or a weekly slot on the channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

mikeym wrote: »
    Sky Sports Mix preview is on air on Sky Channel 407.

They say they will show NFL Redzone on September 11th , will it be a once off or a weekly slot on the channel?

Are they showing NBC Sunday Night Football that night? If anything would get a regular Sky Sports Mix slot, I would think that would be given Sky are already committed to giving it a basic tier slot in the second half of the season.

Seemingly yes, Redzone from NFL Network will get a regular slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Part of the NFL contract with Sky is that a umber of games have to be free to air. They've put some games on PickTV the last couple of years. Presumably this will apply to some other sports too

EDIT; I don't know if this channel is FTA but maybe not being a premium channel is enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is not FTA.

Dodge wrote: »
    Part of the NFL contract with Sky is that a umber of games have to be free to air.

I don't think so. Certainly not the Sunday CBS/Fox games, or Monday Night Football. Anything they've shown on Pick has been off their own bat.

There is a specific arrangement with regard Sunday Night Football (which is the subject of a separate, two year only deal, and was previously FTA on Channel 4) where Sky have promised to put the last six games of the regular season on Sky One. Presumably the option is now open to them to put them on Sky Sports Mix instead. Remember that although this is the NFL's "game of the week", it won't attract much causal viewership in the UK because it's a 01:30 kick off on Sunday night into Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The games they've shown on pickTV have all been 6pm (1pm EST) games as part of the standard CBS/Fox package. Nothing was ever announced but seeing as Sky didn't do it when BBC or C4 had games, I thought it was more than likely part of the NFL deal to have *some* games on FTA.

I see that Sky Sports Mix has the Thursday night opener (broadcast by NBC, as part of the SNF package) too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think there'll be lots of womens sports on the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,387 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I must admit my surprise at Sky Sports Mix. Good mix of sports being shown, lots of good live events there across a range of events. Plus the NFL Redzone has been on every week, which is great.

I had figured they'd use this channel as a dumping ground, hasn't been like that so far...

• Advertisement

I wonder what do the Virgin Media customers think of Sky Sports Mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

mikeym wrote: »
    I wonder what do the Virgin Media customers think of Sky Sports Mix?

I like football - mainly PL and Championship. So at the moment it does nothing for me. Spanish football outside the big 2 aren't interesting and neither is the Holland league.

I feel more frustrated that I'm missing out on Dundalks great matches over the past weeks in the Europa League.

Yesterday ended up being a particularly cramped day for Sky Sports, so Sky Sports Mix was a bit more like Sky Sports Six, screening two live rugby matches (a Top 14 game followed by South Africa v Australia) that weren't being shown on any other Sky Sports channel and in days past would have had to be relegated to the Red button.

Bournemouth and Tottenham Hotspur will be the first Premier League Match shown on Sky Sports Mix.

Its on Saturday 22nd of October at Half 12.

Sky Sports Mix to show Man Utd v West Ham in the EFL Cup Quarter-Final.

http://www.live-footballontv.com/efl-cup-on-tv.html

Subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Live La Liga matches over next weekend 21/22 of January.
    Espanyol V Granada @ 11.55 am Saturday.
    Real Madrid V Malaga @5.30 pm Saturday.
    Osasuna V Sevilla @10.55 am Sunday.
    Athletic Bilbao V At Madrid @ 3.00 pm Sunday.

Any other Premier league or Championship games?

The channels been a godsend for American football fans; Redzone every week plus one game in each round of the playoffs. Given that the Super Bowl will be on the BBC I wouldn't be surprised if Sky make their coverage available on SSM also.

And those people who love to watch Drone racing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Last weekend the European Cup Rugby match involving Connacht was broadcast on this channel. But the Glasgow v Munster was broadcast behind a paywall.

• Advertisement

Lest there be any illusion, Sky Sports Mix *is* behind a paywall (or a subscription as us old fashioned types call it).

True, not part of the Sky Sports package, but you still need to take at least the Sky Original Bundle or the basic Virgin TV bundle. It's not free to air.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

icdg wrote: »
    The channels been a godsend for American football fans; Redzone every week plus one game in each round of the playoffs. Given that the Super Bowl will be on the BBC I wouldn't be surprised if Sky make their coverage available on SSM also.

The Superbowl will be on SSM.

Advertisement