Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loads of parking spaces & parking right next to a parked car - why?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭mikeecho

And only a complete ASS~HAT that doesn't care about their car or anyone elses would squeeze in between

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

hence the 45 degree angle, gets you left alone usually.

According to AH that would just result in getting keyed. Would have thought just moving the car somewhere safer was a better bet to be honest.

According to AH that would just result in getting keyed. Would have thought just moving the car somewhere safer was a better bet to be honest.

But moving elsewhere, will result in someone parking so close as to exchange paint

mikeecho wrote: »
    But moving elsewhere, will result in someone parking so close as to exchange paint

I'm not convinced that parking in a way that pisses people off is a good way to avoid paint damage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mikeecho wrote: »

basically "welcome to Ireland, don't dare own anything nice, we're all bastards"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭StudentDad

My favourite was the school car park. I was collecting my kids, parked and some wagon in her Chelsea Tractor pulled in so tight next to me I could not get out of the car. She got all upset when I rolled down the window and asked her to move. She did very grudgingly :|

SD

basically "welcome to Ireland, don't dare own anything nice, we're all bastards"

My theory is park next to someone that's bang in the middle. If they make an effort to park right they won't whack open the doors.

My theory is park next to someone that's bang in the middle. If they make an effort to park right they won't whack open the doors.

Don't park near any where near me please

I'm happy being alone down that side of the car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

No. Deliberately parking incorrectly and inconsiderately simply to benefit yourself is not how things work. You know that just as well as you know that parking across the white line is wrong.

Entitlement of the worst kind.

I probably thought the same too some time ago. Until the first day of ownership of my current car. Parked up at supermarket to go shopping, still in car and my door gets completely creased no less than 15 seconds after pulling into the space. No acknowledgement, shrug of shoulders.

3 weeks after that I had another clown reverse into it while I frantically beeped for a good 7-10 seconds to warn him. It was enough to teach me that a considerable number of motorists are idiots when it comes to car parks and as someone who spends considerable money on mine, I simply won't take the risk of leaving it to chance anymore.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

Because they are stupid cretins with not much between their ears

that's putting it nicely

• Advertisement
Advertisement