Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Rodriguez v Caceres

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bastards are only showing prelims now on Fightpass. Main events are pay per view now.

That sucks 6 month sub taken last month cos reliable now not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoki wrote: »
    2.58 Round 3
    Thanks, that's what I thought.
    That's a winner, by 28 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Amazingfun wrote: »
    49-46????
    ASOT wrote: »
    The judge scoring 49-46 must have been watching a different fight

I've just watched it. I assume that judge got the names mixed up.

Anyway, I found myself developing a dislike for Yair as that fight went on. He'll get smashed by any of the top 5

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

theteal wrote: »
    I've just watched it. I assume that judge got the names mixed up.

Anyway, I found myself developing a dislike for Yair as that fight went on. He'll get smashed by any of the top 5

He'd be lucky to pick up a win in the top 10. Might scrape past 9/10th but 8th+ beat him everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Were you a fat useless mess in your fifties when you got your BB? No? Get over yourself so.

Must be fairly easy to get a BB so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Fell asleep and missed the fights. Came on here to ask would it be worth downloading and watching today....but think I already got my answer considering the very little fight talk on the thread and discussions re: fight pass and arguments about a comedian's blue belt taking centre stage, it doesn't sound like I'll miss much by skipping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rodriguez via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    Fell asleep and missed the fights. Came on here to ask would it be worth downloading and watching today....but think I already got my answer considering the very little fight talk on the thread and discussions re: fight pass and arguments about a comedian's blue belt taking centre stage, it doesn't sound like I'll miss much by skipping it.

It wasn't great to be honest mate, the event absolutely dragged in for me, a half 6 finish felt like I was watching it for days not hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Caceres via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    It wasn't great to be honest mate, the event absolutely dragged in for me, a half 6 finish felt like I was watching it for days not hours.

Possibly the worst prelims and main card I've ever seen. Uninspiring match ups ( although they were very closely matched in fairness ) didn't generate much excitement from the off and the action didn't do much to change that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some fun prelim fights.

Main card was a bag of shíte up until the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Moroz v Taylor was a superb bout.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Moroz v Taylor was a superb bout.

You think?

I dunno. I mean, Taylor did very well to not get peppered on the outside but I thought Moroz looked really one dimensional and predictable.

Taylor was similarly predictable. Good movement but sorely lacking in offence. She did land some big shots but she never followed up on anything.
    I might be being overly critical on her part as she only took the fight on very short notice.

I was bored to tears with it to tell you the truth .

Teruto Ishihari looks like he's had a good night.... :pac:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI0L7MWjLfm/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The main event both must have **** all on their punches and kicks, one to forget I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That_Guy wrote: »
    Teruto Ishihari looks like he's had a good night.... :pac:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI0L7MWjLfm/

Salt Lake bitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Was anybody else able to watch this fight card on fight pass today? I thought there was supposed to be a 48 hour black out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rodriguez via Submission
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Was anybody else able to watch this fight card on fight pass today? I thought there was supposed to be a 48 hour black out?

It was always instantly for fight night cards so maybe that hasn't been moved to two days yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Caceres via KO/TKO

same as

Maryna Moroz’s (8-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) three victories in UFC strawweight competition are tied for second most in divisional history behind Joanna Jedrzejczyk (six).

Moroz landed just 6.7 percent (17 of 251) of her significant strikes attempts, the lowest accuracy rate in UFC history (minimum of 100 attempts).

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You think?

I dunno. I mean, Taylor did very well to not get peppered on the outside but I thought Moroz looked really one dimensional and predictable.

Taylor was similarly predictable. Good movement but sorely lacking in offence. She did land some big shots but she never followed up on anything.
    I might be being overly critical on her part as she only took the fight on very short notice.

Nah, it was absolutely horrific mate. I was just hoping some poor ****er would jump straight in and watch it expecting fireworks :pac:

Advertisement