Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blast from the past - old exam papers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

It's worth remembering that access to the Leaving Cert was not universal and a place to study or access to books was not there for many students. Lots of A student never had the opertunity to sit the exam. You would hope modern Ireland is evening the playing field.

I will say that in the subjects I teach, I had to be able to do more in school when I sat the LC but I didn't really need to understand it, more emphasis on that now. The new assessment questions would have benefited those with a natural talent for it, but would have hurt the students in my class who got the grade with grinds and 6-7 hours of extra school every weekend. From correcting, its not the straight from the curriculum stuff that students get wrong, it's the questions asked from an angle they are not familiar with.....would have been the same in my time. I remember girls learning 10 essays for poetry.

But it's mad looking back at things you oncw knew so well, fair play to you remembering what was on the paper and which questions you answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Leaving Cert History - Modern Ireland by Mark Tierney

Advertisement