Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for next weekend's football quarter finals

Options
  • 31-07-2016 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

when do the tickets for next weekends quarter final go on sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭doc_17

They might not go on sale. Demand will be very high so there's a chance you may only be able to purchase through your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

On sale this morning (9am) via gaa.tickets.ie but I think they'll sell quickly so get on there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    On sale this morning (9am) via gaa.tickets.ie but I think they'll sell quickly so get on there now.
    in a queue on that site, nothing on gaa.ie about tickets, wish they would just make an announcment so i dont have to sit herfe refreshing for the next hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I logged on tickets.ie at 8:45 and there is 1000 people still ahead of me in the queue.

Touts will be delighted no doubt.

Ticketmaster had a few, right up in the top corner of the Upper Cusack and Hogan, but are all gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

I checked on tickets.ie and ticketmaster.ie. I'm in a queue on tickets.ie with 400 people ahead of me and on ticketmaster.ie I was allocated seats in 736 so I tried to see if I could get any better tickets and then it said they were sold out. That was at about 9:01!! Hopefully something will come through on tickets.ie

would it have killed them to make an announcment. hungover to **** and i might end up sitting here for an hour refreshing pages only to be told tickets are being sold through clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

It's going through about 20 people a minute in the queue.

EDIT: My advice if you are way down the queue is to head to a Centra or Supervalu. The GF just picked up tickets in 328 in the local Supervalu.

Saves an extra hour on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

only had 248 ahead of me on tickets.ie, went to ticketmaster and got 2 straight away.
    Only had to wait 9 mins before getting 2 on tickets.ie as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Managed to get 3 tickets in 709 after waiting 30mins on tickets.ie so happy out. Better than tickets up in 736 anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

doc_17 wrote: »
    They might not go on sale. Demand will be very high so there's a chance you may only be able to purchase through your club.

Only All Ireland Final tickets are distributed through the clubs.
    The other games are either Co. board offices / Centra/supervalu or ticketmaster.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    It's going through about 20 people a minute in the queue.

EDIT: My advice if you are way down the queue is to head to a Centra or Supervalu. The GF just picked up tickets in 328 in the local Supervalu.

Saves an extra hour on this!

cheers for this,went down to local supervalu and picked up Davin lower tickets. 322 Row WW, is view ok there,assume im right at back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Got into the queue at 9:15am this morning and ended up missing out. I think they were only selling the lower levels this morning? There was a note that more tickets would go on sale at a later time hopefully can get some then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

went to super value and got 3 nally terrace - this was all they had available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,952 ✭✭✭Patser

Tomjim wrote: »
    went to super value and got 3 nally terrace - this was all they had available

Just about to post identical. Got 2 Nally in supervalu, everything else gone. Which is fine, I like to Nally, it's just the Hill without the frisking.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

The season ticket holders have until Monday night to opt out so I'd imagine there should be some for sale again on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Got into the queue at 9:15am this morning and ended up missing out. I think they were only selling the lower levels this morning? There was a note that more tickets would go on sale at a later time hopefully can get some then.

They were selling everything this morning. I got upper Cusack in the corner and was lucky to come away with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Got two Nally tickets there.. what would be the chances of getting a swap deal for stand tickets with someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Got two Nally tickets there.. what would be the chances of getting a swap deal for stand tickets with someone?

With Dublin playing, decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

The season ticket holders have until Monday night to opt out so I'd imagine there should be some for sale again on Tuesday

But why would a season ticket holder opt out of the most attractive double header of the year?? Some might not be able to make it but if they're season ticketers, then they'll want to be there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

I've never been on the Nally. Is it first come first serve standing or have you an allocated area?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Nally standing is first come, first served.

I can't see any ST holders opting out of this, whether they plan on going or not. All 4 counties supporters will be keeping an eye on their attendance % in the event of making the AI final. They'll have no problem offloading their ticket to someone else, if they can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭doc_17

Only All Ireland Final tickets are distributed through the clubs.
    The other games are either Co. board offices / Centra/supervalu or ticketmaster.

Yeah I know but for days like this there will be a very limited number on sale from shops and online outlets, as we have seen this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,061 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Have to say I thought the queue system very good on tickets.ie

Was on before 9am and was 100 or so in the queue, was on on a few mins but was not happy with poor seats offered so I went "Edit tickets" and got kicked out back into the queue.

Found myself at 2600 odd and an hour wait, but once the they put up the message that anyone over 2500 was unlikely to get a ticket the queue flew, people obviously dropped out after seeing the message.

Ended up with a Hill ticket, not too disappointed at the end of the day.

Tweet from the DCB there that tickets are no longer for sale online or in shops.

I wonder will Tyrone and Donegal both take up all of their allocations, or will they send some tickets back? I'm reading a lot of pessimism from Donegal fans about their chances against Dublin. (Surprising really, considering what happened 2 years ago.) I wonder if that will affect their traveling support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Tweet from the DCB there that tickets are no longer for sale online or in shops.

I wonder will Tyrone and Donegal both take up all of their allocations, or will they send some tickets back? I'm reading a lot of pessimism from Donegal fans about their chances against Dublin. (Surprising really, considering what happened 2 years ago.) I wonder if that will affect their traveling support?

Any tickets they don't use will get snapped up by Tyrone cousins.

Jayop wrote: »
    Any tickets they don't use will get snapped up by Tyrone cousins.

I think any unused allocation get sent back to HQ first. So the Tyrone cousins will have to join the queue along with everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I think any unused allocation get sent back to HQ first. So the Tyrone cousins will have to join the queue along with everyone else.

I don't mean the Donegal cb will send them to Tyrone, I mean Tyrone people will get them directly from the Donegal clubs through friends and family. That's if there's any left which I'd doubt anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

But why would a season ticket holder opt out of the most attractive double header of the year?? Some might not be able to make it but if they're season ticketers, then they'll want to be there!

Wanting to be there and being there don't always go together. I'm a season ticket holder but have missed the last two sold out matches Mayo have been involved in (Mayo Dublin replay last year and next weekends game) as I had/have family weddings on both days (Saturday games are a hassle). Won't be opting out as I've someone to use mine but that mightn't be the case for everyone that can't make it.

Advertisement